23. Magicians at School

Magic Shinhwa

The next morning, the incident was on the news. 

"Yesterday, there was a loud explosion sound coming from Seoul. Thankfully, it wasn't an actual explosion. But still, people are still wondering what could have made that sound."

"Man, those kinds of people think about too big." (Kibum)

"Says the one whose the youngest." (Kangin)

"I'm in the same grade as you so you don't have to right to say that." (Kibum)

Kibum was very intelligent for his age. He's the same age as Ryeowook but is in the same grade as Kangin. Heechul believes his intelligence came from his mother. What he means by "his mother" is that they all have different mothers. Their father got kidnapped one day and when he came back, the two women who kidnapped him both got pregnant with his children. Yesung was born first then Kangin. It happened again a year later. Ryeowook came and then Kibum. Their father didn't want anything to do with their birth mothers so he became very protective of them because they are his sons. All four women who kidnapped him were taken to jail but who knows if they got out or not.

 

In the middle of the night, there was a knock on Heechul's window. When he woke up, he saw someone. He opened the window and that someone flew into it.

"Who are you?" (Heechul)

"My name is Hangeng. I come from China." (Hangeng)

"And why are you here?" (Heechul)

"To protect you. My family has been guarding your family for generations." (Hangeng)

"You mean..." (Heechul)

"Yes. I am the last Earth magician." (Hangeng)

Heechul couldn't believe it. The last Earth magician appeared right in front of him. The next day, before he went to school, he went to Shinhwa to tell them about his findings. He asked Hangeng to disguise himself so he would be seen. He transformed into a cat and went into Heechul's bag.

"So, he's the last Earth magician?" (Minwoo)

"Yes. I'm Hangeng. I have the power of the Chinese Zodiac." 

"The Chinese Zodiac? Isn't that the signs of each year associating with an animal?" (Eric)

"Yes. How did you know?" (Hangeng)

"I learned a bit of Earth culture when I was younger." (Eric)

"Why are you here? The black wizards are looking for us." (Heechul)

"I'm here to protect you. As I told you, my family and your family have a connection." (Hangeng)

"Okay then. Well, stay here. I need to go to school." (Heechul)

"Have fun, Heechul." (Hyesung)

 

He mangaed to get to school on time and went to his classroom. It was normal. Normal as anything could be. Except for Heechul, to them who is unknowingly magic. After school, he and his friends were going out of school building when they were stopped by Kanghan and his gang.

"What is it this time, Kanghan? As you know, as school president, I take care of everything." (Leeteuk)

"Oh, I know. But you don't have control of me." (Kanghan) His gang tries to attack Heechul. But just then, Hangeng came out of nowhere. He hits them with a wooden sword and left them unconscious.

"Don't worry. They're okay." (Hangeng)

"Hangeng." (Heechul)

"Let's get out of here." (Hangeng) The other students looked at the scene in shock.

As they were running, Heechul stopped. Hangeng stopped after him.

"Why did you come?" (Heechul)

"I wanted to see what you do. In order to protect you, I need to learn your life." (Hangeng)

"Well, couldn't you wait until I got back to the shop?" (Heechul)

"I wanted to but I felt that you were in trouble, so I couldn't help it." (Hangeng)

Heechul understood him. He was just trying to protect him. And he did. He just went a little bit overboard.

 

"HE DID WHAT?!" (Shinhwa)

"Relax. He was just trying to protect me." (Heechul)

"So, Kanghan has been picking on you since I left?" (Hyesung)

"Not just me. He's been picking on others too." (Heechul)

"Hasn't the school council did anything?" (Hyesung)

"They did but Kanghan is the only one they couldn't handle. They even tried suspending him but it didn't work." (Heechul)

"Well next time, stay here. The black wizards can be out there." (Eric)

"And we are." (Alvah) They see the wizards out the door.

"Here we have the last two Earth magicians." (Ernesh)

"You won't take us away." (Hangeng)

"Oh but we will." (Samael)

"Enchantment!" Shinhwa transforms into their magician forms. 

"Rapid Waves!" (Dongwan)

"Force Spining!" (Junjin)

They attacked the wizards and they went far away from them.

"Why was that so easy?" (Minwoo)

"I don't know." (Hyesung) He sees a little girl looking at them.

 

They used a communicator to talk with the headmaster.

"Hello boys. And I see you found the last two Earth magicians." (Mister Magia)

"Yes. This is Heechul and Hangeng." (Eric)

"Hello, headmaster." (Heechul, Hangeng)

"So, why'd you call?" (Mister Magia)

"We've been fighting the black wizards a few minutes ago and they were defeated so easily." (Dongwan)

"What's the reason?" (Junjin)

"Actually, I saw a little girl looking at us." (Hyesung)

"That is why they've been defeated so easily. Your Enchantment forms get more power as the humans believe in magic." (Mister Magia)

"So, because of her believing in us, we were able to beat them. (Andy)

"And so Heechul and Hangeng. After the battle with the wizards, I hope you could come to Aira Academy to improve your powers." (Mister Magia)

"I will." (Hangeng)

"I will too. Untill..." (Heechul)

"Until what, Heechul?" (Hyesung)

"Until I find my father. He's been missing for five years. I can't leave my brothers until I find him." (Heechul)

"Alright then. We'll help you find your father." (Hangeng)

"Really?" (Heechul)

"Of course. We're friends. That's what friends do. And can I call you Chullie for short?" (Hangeng)

"Only if I can call you Hannie." (Heechul) Hangeng nodded and laughed.