6. Dreams and Truths

Magic Shinhwa

"We have to escape. It's too dangerous for you."

"Ah!" Hyeusng woke from a dream.

"It's that dream again." 

"Hyung, what's wrong." (Junjin) All the other Shinhwa members came to his room.

"Nothing Jin-ah. Just had a bad dream." (Hyesung)

"What dream?" (Minwoo)

"About my birth family. I think I might have had a brother." (Hyesung)

"A brother?" (Dongwan)

"Or it could be just a family-friend. I dreamt of a ghostly figure holding me as a baby. He said it was too dangerous for me to be there." (Hyesung)

"And where was that?" (Andy)

"It looked like a castle." (Hyesung)

"A castle? But only the royal family lives at the castle." (Dongwan)

"Okay. Maybe I didn't tell everything." (Hyesung)

"Didn't tell what?" (Andy)

"I'm the missing prince of Pyros. I only found about this last month." (Hyesung)

"You're the missing prince? Then, one of them has been found." (Minwoo)

"What do you mean, one of them?" (Hyesung)

"I heard that the two princes were missing since the kingdom was destroyed. The other must be your brother." (Minwoo)

"But I saw a ghostly figure in my dream." (Hyesung)

Hyesung wondered. Who is the ghostly figure in his dreams? Why is he calling for him?

 

"That ghostly figure is your brother." (Mister Magia)

"My brother? Then why is he a ghost?" (Hyesung)

"Chilhyun is his name. He was a superior, high ranking magician. But he was cursed by the three ancestors for the Darkness Trio." (Mister Magia)

"Their ancestors? Why did they curse him?" (Hyesung)

"Because his rank was cursed. It's called Aquaria. Right now, you have the basic Charm form. But there are other levels of forms you will have to take in order to get to the Aquarian form" (Mister Magia)

"So that's the ghostly figure from my dreams. What else is there about Pyros?" (Hyesung)

"It was a beautiful kingdom. Blue skies, beautiful scenery, and lots of animals living there. But now, the kingdom is covered in ice and snow." (Mister Magia)

"Then how did I end up on Earth?"

"Chilhyun took you to Earth to find a family so that you could be safe. You guys were trapped in a burning building. And then he met your adoptive father." (Mister Magia)

"So that's how I ended up on Earth with my adoptive parents." (Hyesung)

"Yes Hyesung. And they love you just as ever." (Mister Magia)

 

After the conversation with the headmaster, Hyesung started to think.

(He is my brother. Why is he calling for me? To save Pyros?)

"So what did he say?" (Junjin) The Shinhwa members were waiting for him.

"The ghostly figure was my brother. And he told me about how Pyros was before." (Hyesung)

"And so?" (Andy)

"He said it was beautiful. Now it's covered in ice and snow." (Hyesung)

"That's a shame." (Dongwan)

"Yeah. He also told me about my brother. His name was Chilhyun and he was cursed by the three ancestors of the Darkness Trio." (Hyesung)

"Their ancestors? Who knew?" (Minwoo)

They talk about everything that was told but Eric stayed quiet this whole time. He was definitely keeping something to himself.

 

It all started 10 years ago. Eric knew Hyesung since they were 7 years old. Eric's father wanted him to make friends since he was very shy at the time. He sent Eric to Earth to make some human friends before he makes any in the magic dimension. One day, he was walking through the park when he saw a group of boys hurting another boy.

"Hey stop that." (Eric)

The bullies left and the boy was saved. That boy was Hyesung.

"Thank you." (Hyesung)

"You're welcome." (Eric)

"I'm Hyesung. Jung Hyesung. And you?" (Hyesung)

"Eric. Eric Mun." (Eric)

The two immediately became friends. Hyesung introduce Eric to his parents and they welcomed him with open arms. He learned to sew and make accessories with Hyesung's mother. That's how he learned how to sew and make decorations. When they were 8, Eric tells Hyesung the truth about him.

"Hyesung-ah, watch this." Eric shows him his power.

"Wow. You're a magician like in those books." (Hyesung)

"Yes. But don't tell anyone." (Eric)

"I won't tell a soul." (Hyesung)

After the two made the promise, they kept playing together. After school, they would always go to the park or work at Hyesung's mom's shop. But one day, when they were 10, they made a discovery.

"Hyesung-ah. I like you." (Eric)

"I like you too, Eric." (Hyesung)

They hugged each other and started to fuse into one. Then, an unknown figure came to life.

"What... what am I?" 

They defused and quickly find out what they did.

"What was that?" (Hyesung)

"I don't know. But it must be the symbol of our friendship and love." (Eric)

And he was right. Later, they fuse again and again to see what the feeling is like. They felt as they were becoming one with each other. But when they turned 11, they had to be apart.

"Hyesung-ah. I have to leave." (Eric)

"What?" (Hyesung)

"Father wants me back to the magic dimension." (Eric)

"No. That's means we won't see each other again." (Hyesung)

"No, we will. We'll meet again someday." (Eric)

"Someday?" (Hyesung)

"Yes." (Eric)

The night that Eric had to leave, they both made something to give each other.

"Eric. Here's a bow. I made it for you." (Hyesung)

"Thanks. Here's a pendant. I made it just for you." (Eric)

"Thanks. Promise me that we'll see each other again one day." (Hyesung)

"Yes, I promise." Then Eric disappears.

 

He still has the bow that Hyesung made for him. He looks at it whenever he misses him. But what happened? Why can't Hyesung remember him?

"Well, that's done. Let's head back." (Dongwan)

"I'll be with you soon. There's something I have to do." (Eric)

"Okay, but be quick Eric." (Minwoo)

"I will." (Eric)

Eric went closely to Hyesung as he quickly recognizes him. He used his magic to see in his memories what he's been up to. And it was not good. The memories of him were all gone. Hyesung was involved in an accident. The bullies pushed him off the rooftop of the school.

"What?" Eric was not happy. He picks Hyesung up and brings him to his house.

Well, that was Eric's side of the story. He and Hyesung do have a connection but Hyesung can't remember him. How can he make Hyesung remember his childhood with him again?

---------------------------