26. Brotherly bond

Magic Shinhwa

Shinhwa and Hangeng have been training Heechul for over 2 months and the battles against the black wizards have to easy to say the least. Time bending powers came in handy when they were in trouble. It was both easy and difficult to Heechul though. He had to keep his magician identity a secret from his friends and family. His brothers are suspicious of him when he goes missing during the wizards' attacks. Like one time, Heechul came home later than usual...

"Hyung, where have you been?" (Kibum)

"At my job. Why?" (Heechul)

"Even if you were at your job, you usually don't come this late." (Kangin)

"Relax, guys. Everything's alright." (Heechul)

They didn't think so. Something was up for sure.

Or at school, Heechul and Hangeng were talking with the gang...

"Hyung. Who's this?" (Ryeowook)

"Oh... This is Hangeng. He's our temporary student." (Heechul)

"We usually know who you're friends with. How come we never seen him before?" (Yesung)

"We met before you were born." (Heechul) That didn't really make sense. Or did it?

"But hyung, you were only one year old when I was born." (Yesung)

"That means we're childhood friends who didn't meet for a long time... See you at back home." (Heechul)

"Okay... See you..." (Ryeowook)

"What was that about?" (Leeteuk)

"Umm..." They couldn't say anything.

 

Heechul feels like he can't hide this anymore. He needs to tell Shinhwa and Hangeng about his brothers. When they got to Comet shop, He decides to tell them when their shift is over.

"Guys. I need to tell you something." (Heechul)

"What?" (Minwoo)

"My brothers. They don't know about this either." (Heechul)

"About what?" (Junjin)

"Ever since I found out that my powers came from my mother, I had a few hypotheses and one of them were right." (Heechul)

"What are they?" (Eric)

"When my mother disappeared, she gave some of her magic to my father. After my brothers were born, they aged rapidly. Jongwoon was only born 8 years ago, then Youngwoon, then Ryeowook and then Kibum." (Heechul)

"That means your father is an artifical magician and his powers are in their genes?" (Andy)

"Actually, I brought some of their stuff to make sure I'm right." (Heechul)

He brings out a pencil, a notebook, a doll and a pair of old glasses, belonging to Yesung, Kangin, Ryeowook and Kibum respectively. They brought out the vials of genetics potions and all the tests came out the same. The bottom halves were shimmering which means they contain magic, while the top havles didn't.

"I guess that means you're hypothesis is right, Chullie." (Hangeng)

"I knew it. But how do I tell them?" (Heechul)

"The time will come soon." (Hyesung)

"Yeah, and they're your brothers, They'll believe you." (Dongwan)

But they didn't know that the brothers followed them and heard everything. Their oldest brother is a magician and they're only kids. He has been hiding this from them for years.

 

Back at the house, they have a brother's meeting.

"I can't believe this." (Yesung)

"Actually, that would explain our lack of childhood memories." (Kibum)

"So that means we're still kids." (Kangin)

"And Heechul hyung knowing this. I understand why he didn't tell us." (Ryeowook)

"It's hard to believe. This and that magicians actually exsist." (Kangin)

"And Heechul hyung is one." (Yesung)

"But it's really hard to believe that we're only half-brothers. We all have different mothers." (Kibum)

"Even so, we're still brothers." (Ryeowook)

"Yeah. I guess you're right." (Kibum)

He was right. No matter what, they're still siblings, even if they don't all have the same genes. 

 

The next day, after a long night of thought, they decide to tell Heechul that they know about everything. 

"Hyung, we need to talk." (Yesung)

"About what?" (Heechul)

"Hyung, we know about our past." (Kangin)

Heechul hesitated. "What about it?" (Heechul)

"We know we're only younger than we are." (Kibum)

"And that you're a maigican." (Ryewook)

Heechul felt that he was about to cry. He had hid this for so long and it has keeping his mind crazy for years. Now that it's finally out, he felt relieved. He's brothers didn't think weirdly of him and believed him. When he went to Comet shop, he tells them that they know.

"See? You're brothers believe in you." (Dongwan)

"Yeah, I guess they did." (Heechul)

That was great but Hyesung started to feel a bit sad. All this talk about brothers made him feel about his brother. Chilhyun is still under a curse and lost his physical form. He wishes that he could be alive again so they can have a normal (if you can call it normal) life.

"You okay, Sungie?" (Eric)

"No, just talking about brothers made me think..." (Hyesung)

"Think of Chilhyun?" (Eric)

"Yes." Hyesung nodded.

"Don't worry. We'll undo the Aquarian curse." (Eric)

"Thanks Eric." (Hyesung)


For the brothers' ages, Yesung is 17 (technically 8), Kangin is 16 (technically 7), and Ryeowook and Kibum are 14 (technically 5).