15. The kingdom of Luminous

Magic Shinhwa

It's been weeks since Hyesung regained all of his childhood memories. He called his parents and they were happy for him. With that, he trained harder and harder. But one thing still remains a question. How can he get his enchantment powers if his home planet is destroyed? 

The others were in the classroom, getting ready for class. Just then, headmaster Magia came through the door.

"Oh, headmaster. Do you need something?" (Professor)

"Actually someone. Eric, Minwoo, Dongwan, Junjin, Andy, can you follow me please?" (Mister Magia)

"Yes, headmaster." (Eric, Minwoo, Dongwan, Junjin, Andy)

So they pack their bags and follow him.

"Is there something wrong, headmaster?" (Eric)

"No, I wanted you five to graduate the intermediate class a little early." (Mister Magia)

"Why? Did we do something?" (Andy)

"After reading Eric's findings, I realized he was ready to move on to the advanced level. Hyesung heard this and wanted all of you to come." (Mister Magia)

"Hyesung wanted all of us to be together. That's great." (Dongwan)

"And I thought we would be separated." (Minwoo)

"Yeah, me too." (Junjin)

 

They go to the magic simulator and see Hyesung training by himself. He's gotten a lot better since the last 6 months. 

"Hey, Hyesung." (Dongwan)

"Oh, hey guys, Mister Magia. What are you doing here?" (Hyesung)

"Starting today, you six will be training together. And as such, you are all free to do what you want." (Mister Magia)

"Really? Is that true?" (Hyesung)

"Yes, Sung-ah. We'll always be together." (Eric)

"So, for our first day, what should we do?" (Minwoo)

"How about we go to my kingdom? I promised Hyesung and I thought about taking all of you there." (Eric)

"That's a great idea. I never been to Luminous." (Junjin)

"Me neither. This will be exciting." (Andy)

 

So, it was decided. Shinhwa will go to Luminous for their first day of school being in the same class. They pack everything they need and head of to the kingdom of light.

"Is everyone ready?" (Eric)

"Ready." (rest of Shinhwa)

"Okay, then. Let's go." (Eric)

They teleported to the kingdom's village. Eric wanted to give a tour before they got to the castle.

"Look! Prince Eric is back!" The villagers cheer for him.

"And he brought his friends!" They cheer for them too.

Hyesung was not used to this kind of thing but he has Eric for comfort. The villagers didn't like it because they thought he was a commoner like them and wondered how they got close.

"Why are they all looking at me?" (Hyesung)

"Don't look at him like he's a stranger, please. He is also a prince." (Eric)

Then the villagers understood. They believed him because he's their prince and he would never lie to them.

"Don't you have any friends from the village?" (Minwoo)

"No. My family is very strict about who I can be friends with. They only let me be friends with other royals or members of nobility. They don't have a problem with you because you're all royal." (Eric)

"Then, they will have a problem with me." (Hyesung)

"Why do you say that, Hyesung? You're royal too." (Eric)

"But my kingdom's gone. So that wouldn't make me royal." (Hyesung)

"No, you're royal. We'll just have to convince them that you are." (Eric)

"You think that will work?" (Hyesung)

"Yes, I'm sure of it." (Eric)

 

They finally reach the castle. There were guard at the gates. They saw Eric and his friends and opened the gates for them. But they closed it when Hyesung tried to come in.

"He's royal too. So, let him in." (Eric)

"Which kingdom are you from?" (Guard)

"From... Pyros...?" (Hyesung)

"Likely story." (Guard)

"He's telling the truth." (Eric)

They believe Eric and let Hyesung in. The guards wonder how he's from Pyros when the kingdom's been gone for 17 years. Shinhwa reaches the throne room.

"Father, I have returned and I brought my friends with me." (Eric)

The guards and maids look at Hyesung. They never seen him before. The fact about he's from Pyros has spread from the guards at the gates.

"He's from Pyros." "Hasn't that planet been gone for 17 years?" "It has. Maybe he's a survivor?"

"Eric, I thought I said no friends with commoners." (King Simon)

"He's not a commoner, father. He's royalty." (Eric)

It took a minute to process but eventually the king and queen believed that Hyesung was also royal.

"Okay, then. Carry on." (Queen Grace)

"See? they believe me." (Eric)

"Wow, Eric. How do you do that?" (Dongwan)

"Do what?" (Eric)

"You made your parents believe that Hyesung hyung was royal." (Andy)

"That's because he is. I'm just telling the truth." (Eric)

And so we was. He never told a lie to anyone even if he keeps secrets to himself and/or others. His parents don't like that trait of his because there are somethings that they have to lie about but he keeps telling the truth about everything. Now they don't know what he's telling the truth for or not.

When they were alone, they hear from one of the servants.

"Prince Eric said that the boy was from Pyros." (Maid)

"Pyros? But that kingdom was destroyed by the Ancestral Warlocks." (King Simon)

"There have been rumors that the princes have survived." (Maid)

That made the king think. (There really is a survivor? But the boy looked like he could be Eric's age.) And he was right. Pyros was destroyed when Hyesung was only a few months old and he was born in the same year as Eric, Minwoo and Dongwan. (What else does Eric know about him?)

----------------------------

The reason why Junjin and Andy were in the same class as Eric, Minwoo and Dongwan is because of the level of their powers. Shinhwa's classmates are mostly 17, with the exception of Junjin and Andy. The grades in the magic dimension don't go by age. They go by the level of one's powers. And the names of the king and queen are the names of Eric's real life parents. (Check Shinhwa Broadcast Ep. 6)