5. Secrets and Gatherings

Magic Shinhwa

After his one week break, he went back to school. He went to his apartment and ask Shinhwa about forming a band. 

"Hyesung, you're back." (Minwoo)

"Yeah, and I was hoping to ask you guys something." (Hyesung)

"Okay, I'll call the others." Minwoo called the rest of Shinhwa. They all gathered around to hear what Hyeusng has to say.

"I was hoping we could form a band together." (Hyesung)

"A band? As in a music group?" (Dongwan)

"Yeah. I thought it would be fun." (Hyesung)

"I'm in." (Junjin)

"Me too. What about you Eric hyung?" (Andy)

"Oh... yeah. I'm in too." (Eric)

"Then it's decided. What should our name be?" (Hyesung)

"I think we should still be called Shinhwa." (Minwoo)

"Me too." (Dongwan)

"But I'm not a part of Shinhwa." (Hyesung)

"Well, starting today, you are." (Eric)

"What?" (Hyesung)

"Today, you will be Shinhwa's newest member." (Eric)

"Congratulations, hyung." (Junjin)

"But the other students won't be happy." (Hyesung)

"That okay. We decide who gets to join us." (Dongwan)

"Okay then. As usual with our recruitment, we tell our secrets." (Andy)

"Secrets?" (Hyesung)

"Yeah. We're in the same group, we should tell each other our secrets." (Minwoo)

Eric did not like the sound of that.

 

The group started to gather in a circle to get ready to tell their secrets to Hyesung. Hyesung was not looking forward to this. He has secrets, few he wants to say, but the rest he rather keep for himself.

"So, who starts?" (Dongwan)

"I will. My birth mother was actually a commoner. She went to the castle and my father. She ended up getting pregnant with me. My father heard about it and tried to take me away from her as she was clearly a criminal." (Junjin)

"Really? Then what happened?" (Hyesung)

"She sent me to live with foster parents so my father wouldn't find me. The experience was not plesant for me. It gave traumatic feelings when I was only five years old." (Junjin)

"Only five? That must have been not good." (Hyesung)

"It wasn't." (Junjin)

"I'll go next. I was in the middle of my training for school when I accidentally broke my castle's chandelier." (Minwoo)

"So, what happened?" (Hyesung)

"My parents never found out it was me." (Minwoo)

And so it went on. Dongwan told about he accidentally flooded his kingdom when he was seven and Andy had burned his castle was he was three. Eric didn't want to say his secrets even though the others know about some of them.

"Don't you want to share them hyung?" (Andy)

"No. Not this time." (Eric)

"It's okay, there are some people who want to keep their secrets for themselves." (Hyesung)

"What about you, Hyesung?" (Minwoo)

"I'm only telling you because I only found out when I started enrolling here." (Hyesung)

"What is it." (Junjin)

"Have you heard of Pyros?" (Hyesung)

"The lost fire kingdom. What about it?" (Andy)

"I'm actually from there." It was partially the truth. He couldn't tell them that he's the missing prince.

"Really? I thought that kingdom was destroyed." (Dongwan)

"My birth parents managed to send me to Earth to live with my adoptive parents before Pyros was completely destroyed." Again, that was partially true because he doesn't know his real family yet. He doesn't know if he has siblings and if they're still alive.

"That must be sad. You don't know your birth parents." (Minwoo)

"Yeah, but I learned to accept the fact that I was adopted." (Hyesung)

 

Now that they told each other their secrets, they decide who the leader should be.

"I think Eric should be the leader." (Minwoo)

"Why me?" (Eric)

"You're the one who founded Shinhwa and therefore you should be the leader." (Dongwan)

"But Hyesung has the most experience out of all of us." (Eric)

"Yeah, but I'm not very good at leading. You should do it, Eric." (Hyesung)

"Okay, okay. I'll do it." (Eric)

"Now that's settled, we should learn how to sing and dance." (Andy)

"I can help with the singing. For dancing, I think we need to go to my company." (Hyesung)

"Your company? The place you work for?" (Minwoo)

"Yes, the choerographer will help us with our dancing. Now that's been cleared, what should we do now?" (Hyesung)

"Why don't you introduce us to Earth?" (Andy)

"Haven't you been there. I saw you guys with the monster and the ogre the other day." (Hyesung)

"We were only there for a mission. We don't know what Earth is about." (Junjin)

"Okay then. I'll take you the next time we all have breaks." (Hyesung)

It was decided. Shinhwa is now a band and they will debut on Earth soon.

 

Eric was worried about something though. He went to his room to think about it.

"What to do. What to do. I can't let them know I've been to Earth before. They can't know that I know Hyesung."

How does he know Hyesung? What is he hiding?

------------------------