28. Leaving to Protect

Magic Shinhwa

After the battle against a magic crazy Kanghan, Heechul knew that his friends might get targeted. So he thinks of the unthinkable. Leave the school and not tell them. The principal already knew about he and Hangeng going to attend Aira Academy so he thought that now would be the perfect time to leave. Not leave home though, as he has to find his parents.

"So, should I tell them?" (Principal)

"No. I'll tell them when I'm ready." (Heechul)

"Okay. You two have a great time at Aira Academy." (Principal)

"Yes, sir." (Heechul, Hangeng)

Little did they know is that the friends overheard everything. They know about Heechul leaving them and leaving Seoul soon. They did not take this news very great. Heechul's brothers, on the otherhand, took the news pretty lightly. They knew he was doing it for his own good and he promised to find their father and his mother. Since they never had a mother figure in their lives, Heechul thought that finding her would be good for them.

 

Actually, Heechul hid a lot of things from his friends. About his brother's rapid aging, his magicial heritage, and his actual connection with Hangeng. He didn't even tell them about his new job at Comet shop. They found out while spying on him after his desicion to leave.

"So, this is where he's been hanging out?" (Leeteuk)

"And with those guys?" (Yunho)

"They look familiar." (Jay)

"Well, let's not jump to any conclusions." (Jungmo)

But they did. As they saw Heechul using his powers to fix a broken window. They gasp.

"What was that?" (Dongwan)

"Probably the wind." (Minwoo)

"Wind doesn't sound like someone's breathing." (Junjin)

Heechul uses a rewind spell to see what happened. He sees that his friends have spied on him and saw everything.

"Oh no." (Heechul)

"Chullie, maybe it's time to tell them." (Hangeng)

Heechul hesitates for a bit. "And I won't. It's for their own good."

"Okay. If you say so." (Hangeng)

 

The magicians went to central park to help clean up from the attack from the black wizards' attack. At first, it seemed quiet until the wizards came and started to attack the civillians. 

"Enchantment!"

The magician transform and fought the wizards.

"Blinding Streak!" (Eric)

"Stormy Scene!" (Junjin)

"Grabbing Vines!" (Minwoo)

They were having no luck as the wizards managed to break free from their spells. But they couldn't escape from Heechul's spells.

"Time. Freeze!" He froze Hreafn and Samael's time, leaving them frozen in place.

Alvah and Ernesh try to get Hangeng but he used to power of the rabbit to gain speed.

"Swirling River!" (Dongwan)

"Shaking Clouds!" (Andy)

"Fire Ball!" (Hyesung)

"AH!" The two of them get hit and the other two break free from Heechul's time freeze spell.

"We'll be back." (Alvah)

The people around them cheer for them. They knew they had magicians who would protect them.

"People of Seoul. Don't be too excited. After we defeat the black wizards, we're going back home to the magic dimension." (Hyesung)

"But we will find the missing Earth magicians so they can protect you." (Eric)

The people cheer again. Heechul and Hangeng were very happy. They get to see their friends and families soon. But they didn't see the friends watching them and saw everything. They couldn't believe it. Heechul was a magician. A magician that only used to be in fairytales.

"I can't believe this." (Jungmo)

"But it's real. And Heechul is one of them." (Yunho)

"Maybe this is why he left school and us." (Jay)

"In order to protect us and others." (Leeteuk)

They had a long day of thought. After a few days, they decide to tell Heechul that they know about everything and that they want to know more.

 

At the end of the week, they go to Comet shop.

"Hello. May I help you?" (Hyesung)

"Actually, we're here to see our friend, Heechul." (Leeteuk)

Hyesung nods and calls him. "Heechul. Your friends are here."

Heechul wondered why his friends are here. "Why are you here?" 

"Heechul. We know why you left school and we know everything." (Leeteuk)

"You... do...?" (Heechul) Then Hangeng holds his shoulder to calm him down.

"And we want to know more." (Yunho)

"Chullie, I think we should tell them." (Hangeng)

"Fine. You win." (Heechul) 

He shows them his time powers and Hangeng shows them his zodiac powers. They were shocked and impressed at the same time.

"Wow. When did you discover this?" (Jungmo)

"A few months ago." (Heechul)

"And when did you meet them?" (Jay)

"With Hannie, I met him a few days after I found out about my powers. And with Shinhwa, I met them when they came to Earth." (Heechul)

"Wait... They're Shinhwa?" (Yunho)

"Yes. We're Shinhwa!"

"And we and Hangeng have been training Heechul for the battle for the missing Earth magicians." (Eric)

"Earth magicians? They're missing?" (Leeteuk)

"Yes. And we have to find the wizards' hideout and find a way to get them to the prison dimension." (Dongwan)

"Prison dimension? Sounds scary." (Jay)

"It is." (Andy)

"After what happened to Kanghan and his friends, I was worried that it might happen to you. So that's why I left school." (Heechul)

"That's what happened. I understand." (Leeteuk)

"You do?" (Heechul)

"Of course. You're our friend. We would do anything for each other." (Leeteuk)

"Thanks guys." Heechul hugged them.

That turned out better than he expected. Now for the hard part. Find the black wizards' hidout, make them tell where they kept the Earth magicians and how to free them, and send them to the prison dimension for their crimes.