7. Debut on Earth

Magic Shinhwa

Eric was still wondering about Hyesung's memories of him. He's hoping that Hyesung still has the pendant that he gave him. Maybe that's the key to bring back his memories of him.

Just then, there was a knock on his door.

"Eric. Get ready. Today's the day we're going to Hyesung's hometown." (Minwoo)

"Yeah... Be there soon. Just need to... pack a bag." (Eric)

"Okay but be quick." (Minwoo)

Eric gets ready to go to Earth with the others. They get ready to teleport back to Seoul. 

"Remember, once we get there, no magic. Got it?" (Hyesung)

"Got it." (Eric, Minwoo, Dongwan, Junjin, Andy)

"Okay. Now we can go." (Hyesung)

 

They soon end up in Seoul Central Park. The first place they go to is Hyesung's house. There they met Hyesung's parents.

"Hello, boys. Hyesung told us all about you." (Mrs. Jung)

"Hello, I'm Dongwan." 

"I'm Minwoo."

"I'm Andy." 

"And I'm Junjin. Hyung, aren't you going to introduce yourself?"

"Oh... yes... I'm Eric."

"Eric? Sounds familiar. Have we met somewhere?" (Mr. Jung)

Eric didn't say anything because Hyesung was there. "No, sir."

"Okay. Maybe I'm thinking about someone else. Well enjoy your stay." (Mr. Jung)

"Now let me show you around town. Eric, aren't you coming." (Hyesung)

"No, I think I'll stay here." (Eric)

"Okay, then follow me." (Hyesung)

Now that Hyesung was gone, Eric can finally tell the truth.

"Actually Mr Jung, we do know each other." (Eric)

"I knew it. How long has it been?" (Mr. Jung)

"Almost 6 years." (Mrs. Jung)

"Yes. It has been that long. Hyesung doesn't remember me." (Eric)

"Last year, his school bullies pushed him off the rooftop of the school. He lost parts of his chlidhood memories." (Mrs. Jung)

"I know. Does he still have the pendant I gave him?" (Eric)

"Yes. He always carries it around with him. He feels like it's the key to his lost memories." (Mr. Jung)

While chatting, they showed Eric the shop. It has grown since the last time he visited.

"Wow. A lot has changed." (Eric)

"Yes, Eric. Our business has grown since you last came. We've been successful since you helped us and our shop." (Mrs. Jung)

 

While Eric stayed behind the others were given a tour by Hyesung."

"That's the market place, that's the public library, and that is city hall." (Hyesung)

"Wow, hyung. There are a lot of interesting things here." (Andy)

"Yes. And here is Cosmic Entertainment. The company that I work for." (Hyesung)

"So you learn how to sing and dance here?" (Junjin)

"Yeah, and if Eric joins us we could go to the CEO and talk about starting our band." (Hyesung)

"I'm here." (Eric)

"Eric, how did you find us?" (Minwoo)

"Tracking spell. And before you say anything, Hyesung, the spell is not noticable." (Eric)

"Okay then. Let's go up. Wait, wear these." Hyesung gave them masks.

"Why should we wear these?" (Dongwan)

"Because no one knows my real face. Well, except for the CEO." (Hyesung)

 

Shinhwa went up the buliding to the CEO's office. There they met some of the members of Girls' Generation.

"Oppa, you're back again." (Yoona)

"Yes, is the CEO here?" (Hyesung)

"Yes. He could be in his office." (Jessica)

"Thanks." He knocked on the door.

"Come in." (CEO)

"Hello, sir." (Hyesung)

"And they are?" (CEO)

"My friends from school, sir. We were hoping that we could start a band." (Hyesung)

"A band, huh." (CEO)

"Yes. Please. As the leader, I beg of you." (Eric)

The CEO stopped to think. "Okay. With Hyesung's popularity, I think it could be managed. So, what are your names?"

"Eric, Minwoo, Dongwan, Junjin, Andy." Eric introduced themselves one by one.

"And we are Shinhwa." All 6 of them say together.

"Wonderful. I think this could work." (CEO)

 

And then for weeks, they get ready for their debut. They recorded a song, practiced dancing, got costumes fitted, now all they have to do is book a space for the debut stage.

And at last, they managed to book a small space to perform.

"So this is it." (Minwoo)

"Yeah. Let's do our best." (Dongwan)

"And who are we?" (Eric)

"WE ARE SHINHWA."

As they got to the stage, they can see that the whole room is packed. There were even people who couldn't get inside. They performed their debut song 'Resolver'. Everyone was cheering for them. They didn't mess up and they were having fun. Their deubt was a success. After the show, the members went backstage to take a break.

"Excuse me, but you have a guest." (Staff) There stood headmaster Magia.

"Headmaster, what are you doing here?" (Eric)

"I came to see your show. I wouldn't miss it for the world." (Mister Magia)

"Thank you for coming. How was it?" (Hyesung)

"I was great. Everyone was cheering. They even sang along even though it's their first hearing the song." (Mister Magia)

"That's great to hear. We were great. The crowd was going wild. Can this day get any better?" (Hyesung)

Really, can the day get any better? They had a successful debut, their headmaster came to see the show. What could go wrong?

Well it happen the next day.

 

The news of their debut spread like wildfire. And it caught the attention of the Girls' Generation members. 

"Wow. Shinhwa is the monster rookie group of the year." (Tiffany)

"Really, Hyesung oppa knows what he's about." (Sunny)

"That makes me wonder. Which school do they go to?" (Hyoyeon)

"I don't know. It's definitely not Seoul Arts University." (Taeyeon)

"Maybe we could ask him if we can visit him." (Sooyoung)

"Yeah. So we can get to know more about him." (Yoona)

"So it's settled. We're visiting Hyesung oppa tomorrow." (Taeyeon)

"YEAH!"

That could go downhill for Hyesung in a quick second. He's already hiding his identity. Now he has to hide his origins too.

----------------------------