First Impression

Supermarket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"How's Wookie?" Donghae asked Tifanny during their afternoon break.

"She's supposed to go through the laser surgery..." Tifanny looked at her watch "which is now... Maybe later I text her boyfriend to ask how is she"

"You know her boyfriend well?" Donghae asked, while sipping his coffee. 

"Hmmm.. he introduced himself to me... and we did talk for a while. He's a nice guy and he always update me too about Wook's condition, and in fact he was the one who asked whether we can don't allow female staff to climb up the ladder for stocking"

"Wow, he really cares for Wookie" Donghae raised his eyebrows. 

"He cares and love Wook a lot!!" Tifanny laughed happily. 

"You have his picture?" 

Tifanny wanted to blare out that  Kyuhyun's picture is everywhere, but she managed to stop herself in time!! "Err... No, I don't have his picture, sorry"

"Hmm, it's okay. I'm just curious who is this guy who finally manage to capture Wookie's heart! You know, she only know how to work, work, work, and only listen to that ballad singer, what's his name? Ahhh... Cho Kyuhyun, and she always in her own World when she's listening to his songs until she forgot the time" Donghae laughed. 

Tifanny nearly choked when Donghae mentioned Cho Kyuhyun! Ohmygod! This is dangerous conversation! "I better get back to work" she told herself. 

"Okay Hae, I go out first. My turn to help Sunny at the Customer Service counter" she got up and washed her hands, and waved at Donghae. 

Donghae waved back and got up as well. Their supermarket was suddenly quieter because Ryeowook wasn't around. She has always been the cheerful one, always greeted every colleague and always playing that ballad singer's songs.  

He looked for that ballad singer CDs but none around. There was only Super Junior CDs, so he took out 1 CD and started playing 'Sorry Sorry'. As he stepped out, he did some dancing steps following the rhythm, and sang along happily, but stopped when an ahjuma looked at him. He bowed and turned around, suppressing his laughter. 

Ryeowook's laser surgery was successful and when she was wheeled back to her ward, she was still unconscious. She has to be placed sideways on the bed, so Kyuhyun helped the nurse to place a pillow on her back. 

"Sir, she should be conscious any minute now, but she might feel nauseas because of the general anaesthetic. If she vomitted, you can call us so that we can clean her up. I will bring in porridge and her medications soon" the nurse put a small basin next to the bed. 

"Ahhh okay, thank you Miss" 

"The doctor will check on her later in the late evening" 

"I see, but generally, her surgery is okay, right?" 

"Yes sir, it was a successful laser surgery" the nurse smile at him. "I have arrange for Miss Kim to undergo physiotherapy for next 3 days, and if she no longer feel any back pain, she should be able to be discharge" the nurse smile again, bowed at him politely, and stepped out. 

"Ohh.. next 3 days..., hmm... I might be busy with the recording and my song's promotional activities" Kyuhyun rubbed his hand on his forehead and face. He wanted to be with his Ryeong, but he also wanted this song to be released so that she could hear his song, which he dedicated it solely to her. 

It took her hand and kissed it, and said a thankful prayer that her laser surgery was successful. 

His phone buzzed and he carefully put her hand down and got up to answer his phone. 

"Heyyy hyung" 

"Kyu, how's your girlfriend?" 

Kyuhyun sat on the sofa and update his manager on Ryeowook's condition. "Hyung, can the recording and all the promotional activities be within this week only, and in the afternoon?" 

Manager Won sigh "Kyu, you know these broadcasting stations, they have their own fixed timing for reversals and shooting. I can't change much about it..." he said. "May I suggest, while you are away for rehersals and shooting, you asked Ryeowook's colleague to accompany her for the physiotherapy?" 

Kyuhyun leaned back "I'll try to ask her..." 

"Unless you want to postpone the release date of your single?" 

"No, hyung, we go ahead" 

"Okayyy. Tomorrow morning 10am is the recording session at the studio. You want Henry to send your car to the hospital later today? I can fetch him after that" 

"Yes, if he can? Thanks hyung" 

They said their goodbyes just as Ryeowook started to be conscious. 

"Kyu...?" 

Kyuhyun quickly got up and ran to the bed "Ryeong!! Your laser surgery is successful! How are you feeling?" 

"Dizzy...." 

"Ohhh do you feel like throwing up?" Kyuhyun grabbed the small basin and carefully lifted her head. He placed the basin under her chin. 

"Yes, but Kyu, please don't see..." Ryeowook tried very hard to hold her vomiting. 

"Ryeong it's okay don't...." he could barely finished his sentence and Ryeowook just couldn't stop herself from pouring out water and some of her earlier porridge. Kyuhyun patted her back softly 

"I'm sorry....." Ryeowook felt bad that Kyuhyun had to see this. 

Kyuhyun grabbed 2 pieces of tissues and wipe . Of course he didn't mind. He wanted to take care of this woman whom he loved so much. "Wait here, I threw this in the toilet bowl" he said and quickly went to the toilet in case Ryeowook wanted to throw up again. He washed the basin and brought it back to Ryeowook. 

"I'm okay now, Kyu. Thank you and so sorry you have to see this" 

"Ryeong, who am I to you, hmmm...?" 

Ryeowook started tearing. She didn't want to be a burden to Kyuhyun and how could she let a top idol see her vomiting? 

Kyuhyun pulled her gently, to hug her but Ryeowook stopped him "No, I'm dirty..."

Kyuhyun relented, and said "You haven't answer me..." 

"You are my boyfriend and I love you so much, but I don't want to be a burden to you and...." 

"You are not a burden to me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter