Tteokbokki gravy

Supermarket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He stepped out from the underground carpark lift into the supermarket after adjusting his cap and surgical mask. He liked this supermarket because it was not too big and not too small, and from his past two visits, he could usually find anything that he wanted, and it was opened till 11pm. As he walked, he smile because the song playing in the supermarket sound system was his song, Dreaming! 

Cho kyuhyun is a famous ballad singer and always received invitations to various TV shows and musicals. These past few weeks, he has TV recordings and practise session for his upcoming concerts, so by the time he has some free time, it would be after 9pm. 

Coming to this supermarket always de-stresses him because he could walk freely and browse through things that he wanted, though he would still put on a cap and mask to protect himself from getting recognised from media  photographers.

He saw one hotdog brand that somebody left on the egg section, and he tried looking for the hotdog section. He saw a young supermarket female staff on a ladder, stocking up boxes above the freezer area. 

"Excuse me, Miss. Do you know where can I get this?" he showed it to the staff, after she turned to look at him and came down the ladder. "I found it at the eggs section and want to buy more" he explained. 

The staff smile and politely said "Ohh, it's over here sir, let me show it to you" she gave a small bow and led him to the other end of the aisle. 

"Sir, if you are adding the hotdog into tteokbokki, yes, this is a good brand, but if you are using Air fryer or deep frying, I suggest this other brand, which has thicker skin and more tasty" she showed him another brand. 

"Ahhh I see. Let me take both brands then, 2 each" Kyuhyun said looking at the fridge but didn't take the hotdogs.

Understood that the customer expected her to take the hotdogs for him, Ryeowook stretched over to take the hotdogs, but noticed that he got no basket. "Err, sir, wait here, I get a basket for you" she said while hastily went off to the basket area.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to take a basket!" he face-palm himself. "So nice of her to get it for me" he said to himself and when she came back, he said "Thank you, I've forgotten to take a basket" he smile sheepishly through his mask.

"No problem sir" she smile and took the hotdogs. 

Kyuhyun saw her name tag as 'Kim Ryeowook' and she put on purple uniform with a badge 'supervisor'.  He noticed that those at the cashier put on green uniform, ohh so this Miss Kim was really the supervisor for the night, he thought. 

He has visited this supermarket twice ever since his recording company moved to Incheon, which he liked because his company's studios were bigger and this area wasn't as crowded as Gangnam.  Tonight was the first time in this supermarket that he saw supervisor Kim. Maybe during his previous visits, she was in another shift, he thought. 

"Here you go, sir. Want me to help you with other items?" she smile, while handing over the basket to him. 

"Yes, I do need other items like fish cake, rice

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter