Cloud 9

Supermarket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun was so tight-up with concert rehearsals that he couldn't even dropped by the supermarket the whole of the following week. At times during break, his mind would drift off to Miss Kim, especially if the studio staff ordered tteokbokki for everyone.

He couldn't understand why he was feeling like this. It was just 1 meeting and she was just being helpful, but why couldn't he get her out of his mind? Maybe she didn't even remember him because she met hundreds of customers daily. He took a deep breath and focus back on his rehearsals.

Ryeowook was feeling down because by Friday night, she didn't see the velvety-voiced customer again. During her break, she would even sit next to the surveillance camera in case he came in when she was having her break.

"Haiz, why am I like this. He might be going to other supermarket or ordered online. He don't have to come here. Stupid stupid me" she cursed at herself. She told herself to look forward to Saturday as she could go off early.

Kyuhyun rushed to the supermarket on Saturday to be there before 6pm, hoping to catch Miss Kim. His rehearsal ended early and he had requested his manager to free up the rest of his evening time. But traffic was bad and by the time he parked his car at the supermarket basement carpark and ran to the lift, it was 6.15pm!

The lift door opened and he was about to dash out when he saw Ryeowook talking to another staff. She was already in casual attire and carrying her bag. Kyuhyun wanted to run to her but then again, Ryeowook smile and bid goodbye to the staff and turned towards the glass door.

Kyuhyun held the closing lift door to rush back in, and quickly press the basement carpark floor. "Common common" he told the lift and dashed out once the lift door opened.

Last night, he gave up on trying to get Miss Kim out of his mind. He got to see her again!! But now, he nearly missed her! He drove his car towards the carpark entrance and out along the supermarket driveway, hoping to see her.

"There she is!!!!" he practically raised his fist due to excitement. Miss Kim was walking towards the bus stop outside the supermarket main area.

He drove nearer to the pathment and lowered the passenger window. He pressed his car horn softly to catch her attention." Miss Kim!!" he called out to her from his driver seat. "Miss Kim!!"

Ryeowook was listening to Kyuhyun's song from her portable CD player but noticed that there was a car driving slowly next to her along the road. She turned her head and when she noticed that the driver was talking to her, she quickly removed her ear-piece. She bend down slightly to see the driver.

"Ohhh it's you sir! I'm sorry I had my ear-piece on..." she bowed to apologise.

"Get in..." Kyuhyun called out to her.

"Sorry what?..." Ryeowook thought she heard wrongly.

"Get in to my car...." Kyuhyun called out again.

Not wanting to create a scene or cause any traffic congestion, Ryeowook quickly opened the passenger door and got in.

Kyuhyu raised his hand to the driver behind his car as a gesture of apology for stopping his car, and then carefully drive away.

"Sir, you recognise me!" Ryeowook turned to the customer and smile at him.

"Yes and I'm so glad to be able to caught up with you!" kyuhyun smile back. "Sorry I haven't been able to drop by these past weeknights and I rush here today hoping to meet you". 

Ryeowook was surprised to hear what he said. He really wanted to feedback to her about the tteokbokki gravy? Or just want to meet her? 

"I guess your cooking was successful that night...." Ryeowook smile politely at him. "Ermmm, by the way, where are we going?" she asked. She didn't understand herself why she trusted this customer. What if he has bad intentions and wanted to take advantage of her? She didn't even know his name!! But, somehow, she felt safe and trusted him...

"Ohh I'm sorry, I should ask you first, do you have time to have a drink with me? Just for a while?" Kyuhyun turned to her, but hoping that he didn't sound like pleading. He knew that he was such a moron.

 "Ohh sure. I have nothing on. Usually I would rush back to watch my idol, Kyuhyun, on TV, but the series ended last week. And his next TV show will be next month after his concert" 

Kyuhyun nearly had a heart-attack when Ryeowook said that he was her idol!! Ohmygod, really?? She is my fan??!!!!! He calmed himself down and asked "You are his fan?" 

"Yes!!! Whenever it's my duty at the supermarket, I always play his songs on air..." Ryeowook closed , giggling. 

Ohmygod, she's so cute! Kyuhyun said to himself. 

"No wonder, I heard my... I mean his songs that night..." he would surely smacked himself if he said "my songs" just now. 

"Yes, and I prefer to listen to his songs from his CD using my CD player. I donno why, to me if I download his songs to my phone, I feel like I didn't support him enough...." Ryeowook said, and just remembered that she has not off her CD player. She took out her player and off it, and removed the CD and kept it back into the CD cover. 

"Why do you like him, if I may ask?" Kyuhyun asked while turning into Collabo Cafe Incheon carpark. 

"I like him as a person actually, other than his beautiful voice, because he is always well-mannered, he loved his mother, he always respect the elders, he doesn't smoke and he doesn't take drugs. You know, a person personal self can be depicted though his music. If the singer is a rapper, most of the time he's very rough and wild. I might be wrong, but it's just what I feel... " Ryeowook shrugged her shoulders. But "why am I talking so much??!!" she scolded herself. 

Kyuhyun felt very warm in his heart. Miss Kim was very frank and sincere, and she spoke from her heart. Not like some of his fans who easily criticised him if he did something not to their taste. 

He found a vacant lot and after parking, he turned to Miss Kim "Let's go in?" and he got out and walked over to help Miss Kim. 

Ryeowook was amazed that the velvety-voice customer was very gentleman and polite. He opened her passenger door and politely gestured her towards the cafe. 

They got a table at the far end and two menus were placed on their table by a staff. 

"Is it okay if I ordered some sandwiches? I'm hungry" Kyuhyun said sheepishly. 

"Sure, go ahead. I'll have camomile hot tea and a piece of walnut cake" she smile.  She received some notification on her phone so she took it out to read it. "Ohhh the concert tickets will be released on sale on Monday morning. I b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter