Press Conference

Supermarket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The news about the famous ballad singer, Cho Kyuhyun, announcing his marriage, became the top sought-after news in all media and the Internet. The previous photo of him pulling along his girlfriend's hand, and their photo in Jeju, surfaced again and netizens were endlessly speculated who could be the lucky girl that has captured the ballader's heart.

Ryeowook got scared to even read anything on her phone, because all notifications from social media were all on Kyuhyun and her!

"Wook, they don't know that it's you, so don't worry too much!" Tifanny kept telling her because Ryeowook was so tense since morning. She made a cup of coffee for Ryeowook and herself. 

"I know, but all the fans are talking about me, how can I just sit back and pretend nothing is wrong?! I feel bad that Kyu has to shoulder this alone..." Ryeowook said sadly.

"Did he look sad and worried this morning?" Tifanny asked her, walking towards the table. 

"No, he wasn't, but you know him, always didn't want to worry about these things..." Ryeowook replied honestly. She knew that eventhough Kyuhyun cared for his fans' feelings, but somehow he knew that they would eventually be okay with the news and approved of his wedding. So he didn't feel sad that the media blew up the news and couldn't care less when they started speculating who was his bride-to-be.

"How did you come to work? Did he send you?" Tifanny sat down opposite her and passed a mug of coffee to Ryeowook. 

"Thanks Tiff. No, it was Henry who sent me on his motorbike" she told her. 

"That Henry is a nice guy!" Tifanny smile and sipped her coffee. "Kyu wasn't worried that you took the motorbike? You know, your ankle is not fully recovered yet..." 

"I don't know actually, I think he must have texted me, but I'm too scared to look at my phone! All the news!!" Ryeowook smile sheepishly. 

"Ohmygod Wook. He must be worried sick! Where's your phone?" Tifanny glared at her! She saw it next to Ryeowook's ipad and grabbed the phone. "Your fiancé called twice, and sent you 5 messages!" she rolled her eyes at her friend! 

"Ohhh isit?!!!" Ryeowook looked surprised. That man! Isn't he supposed to attend a press conference? 

Tifanny got a text on her own phone and after she read it, she shook her head and immediately replied. Then she got up to open their room door. She signalled with her thumb to point it inward towards Ryeowook. 

"Ryeong!! Why didn't you answer your phone?!! You make me so worried!!" Kyuhyun came in and immediately went to her. 

"Kyu?!!! What... what.. are you doing here??! And how did you get here?!!" Ryeowook was surprised and gave him a confused look. 

"Hyung sent me and he will bring me to the media conference venue soon. Luckily most of the nosy reporters are on their way to the conference centre, so it was coast clear to leave" he explained to her. Then he turned her face gently towards him "Are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly. 

"She was too scared to look at her phone because of all the news and comments all over the social media and SNS" Tifanny explained and rolled her eyes. 

Kyuhyun glanced up at Tifanny appreciatively. He was glad that Tifanny was there for his Ryeong, so he knew that Ryeowook would not be here alone, to suffer from media blast. Though he knew that the media or fans wouldn't know who she was, but nonetheless, he was worried for her safety. 

"I'm okay, Kyu, don't worry too much. You go for your conference..." Ryeowook assured him. 

"I text you after my conference okay? I love you" he gave her a quick peck on her lips and pulled her into a hug. He let her go and kissed her forehead, and smile at her, and got up. "Thanks Tiff. I go off first" he nodded at her. 

"All the best for your conference! Fighting!!" Tifanny gave a good luck gesture and got a friendly waved from Kyuhyun. 

Kyuhyun went into the lift to go back to the basement car park, where Manager Won was waiting. 

"Satisfied now? You feel better?" Manager Won teased Kyuhyun. 

"Yeah!" Kyuhyun grinned sheepishly. "She got scared reading all the media comments that she didn't want to look at her phone because of too many notifications!" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter