A solo concert to end his solo status

Supermarket
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun's recording company requested Kyuhyun to have a concert before his wedding. Their reason was to give an assurance to his fans that the ballader will not forget his fans after his wedding. It was like a solo concert to end his solo status! 

Manager Won told him the company's decision a few days after the press conference.

"But hyung, I'll be very busy with the wedding and the concert practice sessions will definitely take up a lot of my time! And it means I'll be away from Ryeong and she practically has to handle the wedding preparations alone. I don't think I want to proceed with the concert" Kyuhyun said, trying to get his Manager to understand.

"I understand, Kyu, but this is Mr Lee's decision. Look at it this way, the concert will assure your fans that they are still your priority, that you treasure them above anything else. Once your fans knows that they are still important, they will continue to support you even after your marriage.. " Manager Won tried to get Kyuhyun to agree.

"Kyuhyun-hyung, why not get Wook to play the piano for your song As the First Impression? She can play that  piano piece very well!" Henry suggested. "That way, she will be with you during some of the practice session so you don't miss her too much!" Henry grinned.

"Are you crazy? The fans will see her face...." Kyuhyun turned to him with horror.

"We can position the piano at an angle where her face will not face the audience. It will also help her not to feel nervous, if she is not facing the fans" Henry suggested again.

"That's a good idea, Henry! So Kyu, what do you think? We can dim the stage lights, you can walk towards her carrying a bouquet of flowers as you sing, and we can off the stage lights after the song so that she can walk off towards the side stage..." Manager Won said happily.

Kyuhyun agreed that it was a good idea. Hell, so he has to do the concert??! He sighed. He knew Mr Lee was right, he needed to assure his fans that they are still important, but how about his wedding preparations....?"

He looked up at his Manager and Henry "Okayy, we'll do the concert! And I will ask Ryeong whether it's okay for her to play that piano piece. But.... I don't want the practice session to drag until late at night..." Kyuhyun told them with a look that said 'take it or leave it'.

"Okay Kyu, I will inform Mr Lee that we will proceed with the concert and, don't worry, I will plan the practice sessions accordingly" Manager Won nodded and smile at Kyuhyun.

Henry clapped his hands and said "Woohoo!". He loved preparing for a concert because it gave him the trill to see it through to the concert day. Everything needed to prepare with precision and no errors allowed. He loved the adrenaline and he really loved being part of Kyuhyun's concert backstage staff. It was tiring yet it was exciting at the same time! 

"What??!!! No, Kyu, I don't think I can do it!!" Ryeowook was partially choked and then cough, when Kyuhyun told her about the plan where she would play the piano piece. They were having supper at a cafe near Ryeowook's supermarket, after Kyuhyun fetched her from her shift. 

Kyuhyun passed her a glass of water, and Ryeowook thanked him and sip some water. "It's just one song and the piano position will be in such a way that you will not be exposed to the fans. And the spotlight and camera will focus on your fingers and the piano keys... and then once I sing the intro, the camera and spotlight will be on me" he explained to her patiently.

"I'll be too nervous!! What if I cannot even play? What if I played all the wrong keys?" she asked with a panic face, and continued "And I'll be busy with our wedding preparations!" Ryeowook tried to get out of this arrangement. 

Kyuhyun put his elbow on the table and placed his hand under his chin and grinned. Ryeowook really looked very cute when she panic. "You are very special to me, Ryeong, and you are my super fan. Don't you want to be on stage with me, and play the piano for me?" 

Ryeowook took a deep breath and sighed. Of course any fan would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter