The Date

Unpredictable Fate

Okay, this is an update from me. Wow, I update so often now that I'm on my vacation. But, college will soon come. I hope I can finish this asap. So, This time's not actually a TaecWoo date, but, the milk couple's date. So, deal with it! Things WILL soon be brighter. I just need to make something in the meantime to add more drama. Duh! Lol. Please comment, subscribe, and tell-a-friend. :)

===================================================================================================

It’s Thursday, now, and it’s been a couple of days after Wooyoung talk to Yunho. Wooyoung just arrived at the school parking lot. As usual, Taecyeon, Chansung, and Junho were there. They’re chatting around Junsu’s car. Wooyoung quickly goes to them.

Woo      : “Yo!” (Wooyoung smiled, waving his hand)

Junho    : “What’s up, man!”

Woo      : “Why are you still here?”

Chan      : ”The class is like 20 minutes later. Besides, what else would you do in the class?”

Woo      : “What are you guys talking about?”

Chan     : “I was wondering about the upcoming exam. And I asked Junsu hyung to help me study. And the rest of them said that they want to come, too.”

Taec      : “Actually, Junho tagged me along. I never said that I want to study with you guys.”

Junho   : (punches Taecyeon’s shoulder lightly) “It’s easy for you to say, since you’re that clever. I wonder when do you have time to study. You’re always glued to that novel you read.”

Taec      : “It’s not like I can degrade my inteligence or what. I was just born with that knowledge already.”

All           : (Laugh)

Junho    : “Alright, alright. You wanna join, too?”

Woo      : “When?”

Junho    : “Weekends. Both Saturday and Sunday.”

Woo      : “I’ve got plans for Saturday morning, so, I’ll just join late that day, and join full time for Sunday, then.” (He grins)

Junho   : “Whoa, I see. You’re going on a date, right?” (Junho poked Wooyoung’s arms with his elbow) (Taecyeon’s smile faded)

Woo      : (laughs nervously) “It’s not a date.”

Chan     : “Of course it is. I heard from our classmates that you accepted her proposal, right? That’s not a secret anymore. It’s a public truth.”

~During school breaks

Nicole   : “I think I’ll just leave. Your boyfriend’s coming.” (Nicole whispered and walks away)

IU           : “Oh, Wooyoung-ssi.”

Woo      : “Ah, just cut the formality, already. We’re a couple right?” (Wooyoung grins)

IU           : (nodded shyly) “So, where are we going this Saturday?”

Woo      : “I told you it’s a secret.”

~Saturday finally comes

IU is hiding near the mall’s entrance. He can see Wooyoung’s waiting for her while pacing his steps back and forth outside the mall. He continuously looked at his watch.

IU           : “Wooyoung-ah!” (IU shouts)

Woo      : “Yah, how come you don’t tell me you’re already inside! I waited for you for a long time.” (Wooyoung heads toward IU)

IU           : “Yah, that’s what you said first on our date? Others usually comment on how their dates look.”

Woo      : “That’s needless to say. You’re always pretty.” (Wooyoung smiles)

IU           : (grins) “So, where are we going?”

Woo      : “Let’s just go to a place where we can relax, first. Waiting for you makes me thirsty.”

IU           : “Okay. Let’s go.” (tagging Wooyoung’s arm)

~Meanwhile, at Junsu’s house

Junsu    : “Yah! Where the hell is Chansung?!”

Taec      : “He said he’s nearby.”

Junsu    : “He’s the one asking me to tutor him.”

Junho   : “I know, just deal with it. There’s nothing we can do, anyway. (sighs) Ah, Wooyoung’s so lucky. He’s probably cuddling with IU right now.”

Taec      : “They are having a date?”

Junho   : “Yes. He told me just now. (whines) I want to have a girlfriend, too.”

Junsu    : “Ya! Insted of whining, shouldn’t you take more actions.”

Junho   : “I don’t think the girls in school find me attractive. Their eyes are glued to Wooyoung and this ogre. Then, it was Khun-hyung, now it’s these two. Whoaah.. I’m thinking of having a plastic surgery. Really.”

Junsu    : (chuckles) “That’s what you got if you’re born with narrow eyes.”

Junho   : (gasps) “Yah! Taecyeon, you hear that? (whines) He said I have a narrow eyes!”

Taec      : “Oh, come here you poor thing. (Taecyeon who sits next to Junho spread his arms, motioning him to come to his embrace)

Junho   : (acting like crying) “Oh, what can I do without you. He always make fun of me..” (coming to Taec’s embrace)

Taec      : (tapping Junho’s back) “Oh, I know how you feel. But, it sure is a pitty to have that narrow-non-double eyelid eyes.”

Junsu    : (burst out laughing)

Junho   : “YAH!!” (pushing Taecyeon) “Ah, na jinja! There’s no one I can trust.” (Taecyeon smiles) “But I’m really curious right now. Where will Wooyoung take her to? He won’t take any advantages from her on the first date right?”

Taec      : (mood turns gloomy)

Junsu    : “Yah! Stop bothering other people’s business!” (Doorbell rings)

Chan     : “HYUNG! I’m here! Open the door!”

~At some random cafe

IU           : “So, I just called her and said ‘Nicole, if you eat another doughnut, you’ll die tubby!’”

Woo      : “You said that? I thought girls are sensitive on the word fat or anything related..”

IU           : “You bet we are. So, if you ever tell me that I’m fat, it’s over.”

Woo      : (chuckles) “You sure are close with Nicole.”

IU           : “You bet. She’s the only one that can keep up with me. What about you and Taecyeon?”

Woo      : “Wh..What about me and him?”

IU           : “You’re just really close. Well you don’t show it, but we just assumed that since you two are like friends the moment you enter the school, and you take care of him when he’s injured.”

Woo      : “Oh, we’re like, uhmm, our parents were like best friends and uhmm when I was a little kid, we meet often, although we’re not that close.”

IU           : “Oh, I’m sorry about your parents. I heard the news about them and Khun-oppa.”

Woo      : “No, it’s okay. What’s gone is gone. Now, I have people who cares about me around.”

IU           : (blushes) “Ah, you don’t have to say it, though.”

Woo      : ‘Wait, that wasn’t meant for her. That was like for, uhmm, Taecyeon, since he’s like always there. But, forget it.’

IU           : “So, Wooyoung-ssi. How do you feel about Taecyeon?”

~At Junsu’s house

The boys are now studying. Junsu explains several problems regarding to the materials. It’s not that long since they started, but they’re bored already.

Junsu    : “Yah, I wasted my time here to teach you, but you just can’t concentrate? I could’ve been to somewhere nice, right now!”

Chan     : “Andwae! Hyung, I was just a little bored. Sorry, now, if you could just explain it a little bit less monotone, or at some jokes on it, I think it’ll be great.” (grins)

Junsu    : “What? How much do you pay me to do this?”

Taec      : “Umm, what he’s trying to say is that umm, maybe you shouldn’t be too serious, teaching us.”

Junsu    : “What?”

Junho   : “Hyung, hyung. Don’t get angry. We’ll just do it the way you like it. Hehe.” (nervously laughs)

And so, they continue their study again. Chansung just sighs.

~Back to Wooyoung and IU

IU           : “So, Wooyoung-ssi. How do you feel about Taecyeon?”

Woo      : (freeze)

IU           : “Wooyoung-ah?”

Woo      : “I told you we’re nothing. He’s just a friend. We’re not that close actually.”

IU           : “At least you can tell what kind of person he is. I just want to know. You see, Nicole is actually hitting on him.”

Woo      : “What?” (shocked)

IU           : “I think we can help them by setting them up.”

Woo      : ‘Oh God. That’ll never happen. He’s.. gay afterall.’ “Uhh, well I never asked him about Nicole.”

IU           : “It’s okay. But, first, I want to know what kind of person he is.”

Woo      : “Well, first, he really likes surfing. It’s like, wow, beach! Let’s go get some board and show peole what I got. Well, people usually assume it like that, but when it comes to surfing, he’s really blind to his surrounding.”

IU           : (chuckles) “go on..”

Woo      : “He’s actually a good cook. And I just can’t get it he made me cook for him. Oh, and he’s close with Junho and Chansung. They often hang out together. He’s really moving a lot when he sleeps, and he’s more like a nerd to me. He just read novels, yet his grades are great.”

IU           : “And here I thought you’re not really close.”

Woo      : “Wh.. what? Nah, I just happen to notice that when I take care of him, since he’s got injury. That’s why.”

IU           : “I see. Then, what kind of girl does Taecyeon-oppa like?”

Woo      : (Usually, Wooyoung will be mad when his girlfriend calls another man oppa. But right now, he doesn’t even feel anything. And because of this, he felt weird) “Uhm, I’m not sure about that. (pause) But I guess, every boys like pretty girls, right?”

IU           : “So you just date me because I’m pretty?”

Woo      : “Don’t be silly. Of course you’re pretty, but you really do much nagging, so..”

IU           : “Yah!”

Woo      : (chuckles) “I was joking. You seemed to really care about me.”

IU           : “Of course.”

~On the other side of the city, Junsu’s house.

Chan     : “Ahh!! So that’s how you do it! It’s not that hard.” (Chansung is excited)

Junho   : “Says the one who made Junsu spend so much time spending only one question.” (Junho rolls his eyes)

Junsu    : “And that’s our last problem for today. Tomorrow, what would you like to study?”

Junho   : “Hyung, let’s just do English. My english are really bad. My father scolded me a week ago after his foreigner business partner visits us. He said “Your eyes resembles your father a lot.” And I immediately say thank you. But then he said “You have a nice skin.” I replied with “You said I’m skinny?””

Taec      : “PuHAHAHAHAHA”

Junsu    : (smiles from ear to ear)

Chan     : “Yah! Don’t laugh at him! I’m also not that good in English.”

Taec      : “At least you’re fluent in Japanese.”

Junsu    : “But, where’s Wooyoung? I thought you guys said that he’ll be late.”

Junho   : “He just texted me a while ago that he wouldn’t come. IU’s with him. Probably just finished watching movies.”

Taec      : “How do you know they’re watching movies?”

Junho   : “Oh, I checked today’s movie schedule. Either they watch horror or romance. The horror is premiere, so, it’ll be officially booked weeks before. Unless he’s so lucky to reserve two tickets, he wouldn’t be able to watch it. So, romance is their best option. IU is a very active girl, so instead of watching movies, she definitely would drag him somewhere to eat first and then watch the movies, so the movie will end right before the time to eat. This will leave gentleman Wooyoung no choice, but to treat her for diner. That leaves him no time left.

(silence)

Junsu    : “Somehow, your reasoning sounds so.. legit. I think you should be a detective.”

Chan     : “Yeah, hyung, I must approve that I’m impressed.”

Junho   : “Well, that doesn’t sound bad. And I have my brother to run the family business.”

The three of them clicked and looked at Taecyeon. He’s looking at the floor, not looking too good. Chansung slapped Junho’s arm silently for his bad words decision.

Junsu    : “Taecyeon-ah, are you alright?”

Taec      : “Huh? What?” (looks up confused) “Oh, I’m sorry I was just having some thoughts. What were you guys talking about?”

Junsu    : “Uhmm, about Junho being a detective.”

Taec      : “Yes, that would come out great, I guess. Anyway, did Wooyoung tell you what time he’ll go home?”

Junho   : (sighs) “That’s what I’m afraid of. (pause) What if he gets laid tonight and I’m NOT!?!” (slapped by Junsu)

Junsu    : “I told you it’s his business.”

Taec      : (mumbles) “He’s not that type of person, right?”

Junsu    : “What is it?”

Taec      : (snapped out of thoughts) “Huh? Oh, it’s nothing. About tomorrow, what time will we start?”

~Back to the milk couple’s date

Woo      : “You like the movie?”

IU           : “Yes. I loved the ending.”

Woo      : “Really? Look at the time. It’s quiet late. We haven’t eaten yet. Want to eat there?” (pointing at some formal restaurant)

IU           : (put her index finger on her lips) “Uhmm, actually, I know this place near a park. They sell ddeokbokki. I really feel like eating it. Can we go?”

Woo      : “Then ddeokbokki it is.”

Both of them heads to the park with Wooyoung’s car and spotted a man selling ddeokbokki. They ordered two servings and eat it at the park. The situation is very romantic. There’s nobody around. They sit themselves in a bench. Both of them chat about school’s upcoming exam. IU complained about how hard she is in some subjects. She’ll have a group study tomorrow with Nicole and some other friends. Wooyoung remarked that he’ll join Taecyeon’s study group. Both of them continue to chat until they run out of ddeokbokki.

IU           : “I’m so full.”

Woo      : “Really? Cause I’m not that full, yet.”

IU           : “That’s because you eat a lot.” (giggles) (slowly reach for Wooyoung’s hand) “Umm, shall we take a walk?”

Woo      : (smiles)

IU           : “You know, I’m really glad for today.” (stops)

Woo      : (stops)

IU           : “Wooyoung-ssi..” (their eyes met)

Woo      : “Hm?” (still focuses on the eyes)

IU stepped closer to Wooyoung. She stares deeply to the chubby-cheeked guy’s eyes. Wooyoung stay put. He leans his head slowly towards IU. Both of them closed their eyes.

===================================================================================================

I'll probably add another chapter in a couple of hours. In the meantime, you can read this ==> Early Morning Temptation [M]