New Family Member

Unpredictable Fate




Taecyeon was sitting there, where the huge photos of Nichkhun is placed.

Taec     : (letting out sigh, still looking at the Portrait)

He is still in his gloomy mood. Not talking much even when he was questioned by his parents. Jung’s house is completely turned into a silent hall. Narsha and Rain already tried so many times to make things back to the way it used to be. Cheerful laughter while the whole family watched TV shows, or family gathering moment every Saturday night at the Pavement near the pool. Taecyeon is still ignoring their efforts. There will never be any same happiness in this family, he thought. A week passed by the obituary. Taecyeon felt so empty spending his remaining holiday alone, which is 1 month long. He had emptied his mind about Nichkhun, preventing the memories to flow back into his mind.

 

That night their parents were late unlike usual. Taec is waiting for them to have dinner. Earlier, her mother asked him to prepare some food. He was told to make a lot of food. He just agreed, not knowing why, to made dinner. It’s already late, but his parents haven’t return. Fear fills his mind. Afraid that he lost them too. He messages his father to come home immediately. “(LG SMS theme) 문자왔숑.. 문자왔숑..***” his phone rang. He sees a reply. “Yes, sweetheart, we’ll be there in 10 minutes.”

He is glad that he receives a reply, meaning his family is okay. He walks to the kitchen, warming the rice, the steak, kimchii stew, and the Ssam gyeop ssal which he made himself.

 

After serving and decorating the food, he thinks “They must’ve been sad too this period of time. I’m too selfish not having a good time with them. Maybe I should cheer them, too.” He heard the doorbell rang. He rushes his step and opens the door. His eyes couldn’t believe what he sees. His happy face turned gloomy and angry again. He take a few steps back. Letting them in.

 

Woo    : “Ah.. Ahn..nyeonghass..seyo..” (Wooyoung greeted him softly, keeping his head down, not able to bear to see Taecyeon’s face)

Taec     : (without himself knowing) “What is he doing here?” (his eyes look at Wooyoung unwillingly).

Narsha: “Taec, don’t talk to him like that. He doesn’t want thing to be like this too. It’s not his fault.” (calming Taecyeon)

Taec     : (Taec forgets anything about cheering his parents) “Oh, really? If it’s not because of his laziness not attending the conference, my brother wouldn’t be freezing in his graveyard!!” (rising his voice, sending a furious glare)

Woo    : “I.. I..” (keeping his head even lower)

Narsha: “Taec, calm down.”

Rain     : “Hey, buddy. I know you’re upset with the accidents, but we felt that too. What we need is a rational thinking. He suffers as much as us. Even more I guess. He lost his family. You don’t think he would want it right, buddy?” (tapping his shoulders)

Taec     : (seemed calmed down) “Okay..” (Looking at Wooyoung who is still looking at his shoes). “I.. I’m sorry..” (feeling guilty and looking at Wooyoung’s face pitying him)

Woo    : “mmm.. it’s okay..” (softly talking)

Narsha: “I’m starving… We should eat.”

Rain     : “But you’re out all day, yeobo, how can we eat?”

Taec     : “Don’t worry about that, I already prepare it, since eomma told me to.” (smiling)

 

They all start eating. Everyone’s enjoying the food. Even Wooyoung seemed to be enjoying it. Although he still acts awkwardly. Wooyoung doesn’t know the reason he’s in Taec’s house.

Narsha: “Taecyeon-ah, where did you buy these?” (joking to Taecyeon). “This is fantastic. You should wake up earlier starting from tomorrow, because you’ll be in charge of cooking now on. Hahaha” (everyone laugh, except for Wooyoung who is awkwardly smiling)

Rain     : “Good job, son. It’s very nice of you serving such tasty food to your new dongsaeng.” (smiling)

Taec and Woo were choked and coughing continuously.

Taec     : “What? What was that supposed to mean, dad?” (looking confused)

Woo    : “Samchon…” (*way to call uncle if there’s a blood connection or a very close related) (Wooyoung is surprised, shocked, as much as Taecyeon is)

Taec     : “Daaad..” (looking at his father)

Rain     : “I know this might be surprising, but we need each other. We..”

Taec     : (cutting his father’s words) “You and Samchon may be close but letting him entering this family to replace hyung is something I just can’t accept. I can’t.”

Woo    : “Taecyeon is right, Samchon. You should tell me earlier about this. I don’t think Taec wants a replacement as much as I don’t want to be a replacement.” (standing up, wanting to leave the room) “Thanks for the food and for having me here, but I don’t think I could be in this family. And I know Taecyeon-ssi thinks so too.”

Narsha: “Wooyoung-ah” (catching him up) “It’s not like that. We truly need each other. You need us. And we need you. Well, I need you. Please stay here with us.”

Rain     : “Wooyoung-ah, you should give it a try. At least stay with us until the summer vacation is over. This family needs you.” (giving him a convincing smile)

Woo    : “Okay. But after that it will be up to me right?” (still not sure to accept the offer)

Rain     : “yes. But I’ll make sure you will have fun with us. I promise.”

Woo    : “Thanks, samchon..” (he grins) “But I have to go home now. All of my stuffs are still there. I’ll be here tomorrow.”

Rain     : “Okay, but please be here really early in the morning. Because we’ll all have something to do.”

Woo    : “Ok. Sleep well, Samchon, Imo.”

 

They all went to bed. In his bedroom, Taecyeon thinks that his parents are heartless letting Wooyoung enter this family without even asking him. He take his phone, looking at old photos, their lovey-dovey photos of course.

Taec     : (whisper to himself) “Hyung, what should I do? Should I oppose? Should I accept him warmly? Or should I go to you?” Taecyeon ask desperately. Then falling asleep.

 

In the morning

 

Khun    : “Taecyeonnie, wake up. Wake up, wake up you lazy giant.”

Taec     : (still half conscious) “Oh, good morning hyung, but I still need my sleep.”

Taecyeon then recalls that it’s not his hyung. It’s just his alarm voice. The old one Nichkhun recorded for him. He recently set it as his alarm sound.

He has everything to make himself remember Nichkhun. ^^ sweet.

 

Taec gets ready after cleaning himself. Taking his sunglasses, and spraying perfume allover his body. Filling the room with a fresh manly scent. He then walks to the kitchen to make his breakfast knowing that his parents are busy taking shower and cleaning themselves. Taecyeon cuts a loaf of bread. Spreads jams allover it and eats it.

 

His parents are ready. They’re now waiting for Wooyoung.

Rain     : “Taec, this is gonna be fun. And you should be more friendly with Wooyoung. You were childhood friends right? So why do you treat him like he’s a stranger now?”

Taec     :  “I need time, dad. I know it’s not his fault but whenever I see him, it just burn my temper. I hope I could think rationally.” (forcing his lips to form a smile)

Rain     : “okay. I’ll help you to create the mood brighter.”

Taec     : “I hope so.”

 

Fifteen minutes later, the three of them watch a scarlet Ferrari smoothly enter the mansion.

Taec     : (mouth forms O shape) “wow” he said softly. Taecyeon thinks “this kid’s got taste”

Rain     : “What took you so long, Wooyoungie?”

Woo    : (taking out huge luggage) “Good morning, Samchon, Imo,” he bowed.

Narsha: “Stop calling me Imo. I’m your mom now. Call me eomma.”

Rain     : “Hurry up, we’ve got a plane to catch. Woo, put those luggage on the van.”

Woo    : “Wait. Where’re we going? I thought you want me to live here in your house?” (confused)

Narsha: “Later, dear. We’re having a vacation now.”

Woo    : “Ee? Okay, I’ll just put this..” (surprised seeing Taecyeon takes one of the luggage) “It’s okay, I can..” (sighing)

Taec     : “No pro......wait. Why do you look like you’re very uncomfortable?”

Woo    : “because I can do it my self.”

Taec     : “Ya, I just wanted to help..” (regret helping him)

Woo    : “Fine. It’s not that big deal, right. Thanks by the way.” (insincerely thanking him) (letting out sigh)

Taec     : “That’s a little better” (annoyed)

Rain     : “Hurry up. Bali will not wait for us forever.”

Woo    : “We’re going to Bali? I can’t believe it. The last time I went there was with all of you too.”

Rain     : “really? And that’s 2 years ago, right?”

Woo    : “yeah.. Let’s go, sam.. I mean, appa..” (awkward listening to Rain’s chuckle)

 

On the plane, both Taecyeon and Wooyoung remain silent not knowing what to talk. They do their own activities. Taecyeon was reading travelers catalogue. He’s quite annoyed with Wooyoung flirting with the flight attendants, causing him unable to concentrate on his reading. He never knew that Wooyoung’s such a ert. His cute innocent outer appearance wrapped it perfectly. People will never think him as his true nature. After 6 hours boring flight they could finally feel Bali’s sting sunlight. It’s very hot that day, perfect for sunbathing. At 11.45 AM, local time. They’re now heading to family owned mansion, near the beach.

 

Woo    : “Whoaaa. It’s still the same. There’re so many tourist.” (Wooyoung is having hard time due to his height, all he could see is Rain and Taecyeon ‘s head) “oh no, I’m gonna loose them. I better hurry.”

But it seemed that he lost directions. He’s now in the middle of bunches of tourists. He couldn’t ask direction because of his poor English. He was standing confused like an idiot when the tourist walks towards him. He was pushed and almost tripped down, when suddenly a warm hand grab his wrist tightly and pull him. He panicked. “What is it with this guy?” he thought.

Woo    : “Let go me!” he speaks in weird English accent. (struggling to get off the man)

Taec     : “What’s it to you?” letting Woo’s hand go.

Woo    : ”Ya!!! Why do you have to be so sudden!” shouted loud.

Taec     : “If I didn’t pull you just now you’ll be flat with those big feet crowd stepping on your head.” Annoyed to Woo’s reaction.

Woo    : “Stop acting like you care. I don’t need your help.” (Still maintain his pride. Walking away from Taecyeon.)

Taec     : (his jaw dropped listening to what Wooyoung said) “Can’t you stop acting tough just once,” he said disappoint at Wooyoung since everything Taecyeon did for him received the same cold reply.

Woo    : “Ya!! Hurry up! You lead the way!” Wooyoung ordered.

Taec     : (whispering to himself) “Tch! You really have a thick skin.”

 

Taecyeon grab a cab and both of them are now heading to the mansion. Meanwhile, at the mansion, Narsha and Rain, who are busy cleaning their sons’ mansion. (Their mansion are separated next to each other) Narsha received a phone call from Secretary Kim.

Sec      : “Good Afternoon, Mam. Have you reach the mansion?”

Narsha: “Yes, Mr. Kim, what is it? Is everything okay?”

Sec      : “Well, there is actually one. And it’s a bit shocking.”

Narsha: “What is it Mr. Kim?”

Sec      : “Well, Jang Group is .. now officially taken over by Wooyoung’s real uncle.”

Narsha: “What? How come?”

Sec      : “I’ll tell you when you arrived here.”

Narsha: “Sure. Have you bought the flight tickets? Okay.. Okay. I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

 

Rain     : “Honey, what is it?”

Narsha: “We have to go back to Seoul. Jang Group has fallen. Get your suitcase. Where a formal suit.”

Rain     : “What, how come? Isn’t it fully Wooyoung’s rights?”

Narsha: “I don’t know. We should go as fast as we can. There’s a flight 2 hours later.”

Rain     : “okay. Call Secretary Kim and make sure to make an appointment with Mr. Jang.”

 

Door clicks. Two boys enter.

Narsha: “Oh, kids, you arrived. (looking at Wooyoung who’s having a unpleasant face. Wooyoungie, I have something to talk to you.”

Taec     : “Mom (taking Narsha’s wrist to make distance with Woo) I don’t think it’s a right time to talk to him. His company broke down, and it’s his uncle’s doing.”

Narsha: “How could you know?”

Taec     : “You already knew it? Well, Woo received a call from his Secretary.”

Narsha: “Well, don’t worry. We’ll get it back. Let’s go, hun!(shouting to rain who’s still dressing at Taec’s room)

Woo    : “where are you going, mom?”

Narsha: “We’re going back. Don’t worry. It’ll be settled. I promise.”

Woo    : “I’ll just get back. You guys should stay. It’s my problem.”

Narsha: “it’s our problem now dear. You don’t need to be reluctant, okay.”

Woo    : “Thanks mom.”

Narsha: “Sure. (smiling at Woo). Yeobo!!! What took you so long?”

Rain     : “Well, the waist is a little too tight.” (approaching them)

Taec     : “Dad! It’s my suit.”

Rain     : “Just buy another one here. I didn’t bring anything from Seoul, right? And everything in here is casual clothes.”

Taec     : “ Why this one? I like it the most. What if it’s fabric loose?”

Rain     : “Ya! I’m not fat. My abs are still perfect.”

Taec     : “yeah.. yeah..”(rolling his eyes)

Narsha: “just hurry up and go. Bye kids. See you soon.”

 

After the departure, they went silent. It’s evening when they start a conversation.

Woo    : “Wait, does this mean I have to spend the whole summer with you?” (disappointed)

Taec     : “Don’t say it as if it’s the end of the world. Shouldn’t I be the one who’s uncomfortable? You just came into my family. I tried to be nice with you but you just seemed so bad at pretending you could accept me as your family.”

Woo    : “Oh, now you’re complaining about my personality. Why don’t you just say it earlier? I’m leaving.” (walking to the only bedroom in the mansion)

Taec     : “where are you going? Stop being so childish.”

Woo    : “I’m not childish! I’m going to Seoul.”

Taec     : “Are you crazy? How about the tickets? What if they’re all sold out?

Woo    : “Oh now you’re worrying about me? Don’t you dare look down on me. Although my company broke down, I still have my own source of money.”

Taec     : “Oh really? Such as?”

Woo    : “I have my bank account, credit cards, deposits, and do I have to tell it to you?

Taec     : (cuckle)

Woo    : “What’s so funny?”

Taec     : “Nothing.”

Woo    : “I’m leaving.” (pulling his luggage)

Taec     : “Now you even take permission from me?”

Woo    : “Whatever!”

Taec     : “Be careful! Say my greetings to mom and dad. (laughing)”

Woo    : “Ya!” (glaring at him)

To be continued..

Hey, I came back with new chapter.. but i think the response of last chapter's not so good. Well, to be honest, I also felt bad, but this is a TaecWoo fic, so, yeah.. :D

I'll be happy if you guys keep reading this and give your comments or critics about how bad I am on writing stories.. :') Feel free to speak up. And for those silent readers... I really hope to see your opinion. Your presence encourages me! :D Oh, I'll post a new chapter in a couple of hours. Got to go. See you.

Love, dr_okbeast