Make A Distance

Unpredictable Fate

Recap!!
1. Nichkhun and Taecyeon are brothers. They're loving each other in terms more than brothers should be.
2. Nichkhun's airplane crashes. He died, leaving Taecyeon shocked.
3. Wooyoung's getting adopted by Taec's family.
4. Wooyoung and Taecyeon having vacation at Bali.
5. Wooyoung confessed his feelings when Taec's drunk, near the valley.
6. Taecyeon don't remember.
7. Wooyoung was humiliated by Taec's cousins.
8. Wooyoung found out the truth.
9. Wooyoung decided to burry his feelings for Taec.
End of recap!!

The next afternoon in the Jung’s House
 

Taecyeon bends his back and rubs the soft bed sheets as he yawn and slowly waking up with a messy hair and sleepy eyes. He stretches his back. He takes a glance at the calendar on the table next to his bed (Wooyoung’s too). “Still got 12 days off. Better plan something. Hmmm, what about partying with my friends. Yeah, I can even bring Wooyoung, to introduce him, so he won’t be struggling for his first day of school. Wait, I forgot that I am not that sociable at school. Do I even have friends?” Taecyeon sighs as he opens the huge drawer and grabs his clothes and heads to the bathroom.
 

“Now, how many friends do I have?” Taec mumbles as he sink his body in the tub.
 

“Hmmm, looks like only Khun-hyung. Aaiish, why was I so quiet when it comes to school. Now I can’t even bring any advantage to Wooyoung having me as a brother. Wait, he’s the same grade as me, right? Then he’ll treat me as his friends? No way! (his tone sounds like he’s mad) Or worse, he could act as if he doesn’t know me,” he sighs like a desperate person.
 

“Whatever. Looks like I have 3 people? Yeah, Junho, Chansung, and Junsu. That seemed so.. little.. I guess I myself needs more friends. I bet he’ll make friends more than me.”
 

Taecyeon finished his lazy bath, feeling fresh and energetic for the day. He’s gonna plan for a hangouts with Wooyoung and the boys. He walks downstairs, trying to find Wooyoung whom he hasn’t seen since he’s up. He saw his mother sitting with his father chatting? No they’re not chatting. In fact they don’t even look at each other. ‘Are they having a fight?’ Taecyeon thought. ‘The last time he saw them fight was... like never.
 

Taec    : “Eomma, Appa, do you sleep well?”
Rain just smile lightly and Narsha doesn’t even look at him. ‘What did I do? Are they mad at me?’
 

Taec    : “Mmmm.. Wooyoungie odiya?” (where is Wooyoung) (talking to Rain)
 

Rain    : “He’s”
 

Narsha    : “He’s gone.”
 

Taec    : “Where?”
 

Narsha    : “We don’t know.”
 

Taec    : “When will he be back?”
 

Rain    : “He left this morning. He said he doesn’t belong here.”
 

Rain’s words hit him.
 

Taec    : “What happened?”
 

Narsha    : “That’s what we wanted to ask you. Taec, anything happened in Bali?”
 

Taec    : (thinking) ‘But the truth between him and Yunho hyung’s cleared. He already knew it. So why?’
 

Flashback
 

Knowing the fact about the incident, Taecyeon ran trying to find Wooyoung. He can’t even wait to tell the news that Wooyoung needs to know. He couldn’t find him in the hall, so he searched places near the hall. He saw two blurred figure at the balcony from the glass made windows. He immidiately ran there to watch Wooyoung and Yunho
 

Woo    : “Thanks for letting me know this.” (Hugs Yunho in excitement quiet a long time)
 

Yunho    : “Umm Wooyoung, you can let go now.”
 

Woo    : “Sorry. I was just very happy that I’m still a .”
 

Yunho    : “And you better explain those to him. Especially the hug you just did. He looks like he’s gonna punch me.
 

Woo    : (looks at Taec whose jaw was dropped watching them) “Okay. I’ll leave first. Thanks.”
 

Wooyoung walked away from Yunho to Taecyeon who stood still in confusion.
 

Woo    : “Taec! I have something to tell you. I’m still a !” (he hugged Taecyeon)
 

Taec    : “Eh? So I guess Yunho already told you, right?” (pulling away breaking the hug)
 

Woo    : “You knew it too? Since when?”
 

Taec    : “Just now, Changmin told me. Let’s walk while we’re talking.”
 

Woo    : “Okay. Taec, I have a question, but let’s find a place to talk. A foodcourt? Maybe?”
 

Taec    : “We have just ate like a king portion food, and now we’re going to foodcourt?”
 

Woo    : “Well, if you noticed, I haven’t even ate a small plate food. Yunho kept staring at me, so I got nervous.”
 

Taec    : “Okay.”
 

As they arrived at the foodcourt,
 

Taec    : “Wooyoung-ssi, what did he tell you?”
 

Woo    : “Well, he explained what exactly happened and why he did that. Oh, and also something about he and Changmin are a thing now.”
 

Taec    : “Did he say something about him making out with Changmin-hyung?”
 

Woo    : “Yes, but, Taecyeon-ssi, do you think i’m really still a ? I mean is it true what they told us?”
 

Taec    : “What? So, you’re still a ?”
 

Woo    : “Of course, my ’ still . Not my , you idiot. It’s not like I’m gay.”
 

Taec    : “Rrright. After the incident, do you feel sore pain in your.. ?”
 

Woo    : “Why would I have to tell you that?” (blushing)
 

Taec    : “Well, we need to prove that what they said is true. And if it is Yunho-hyung, I’d be sure if he did it, you wouldn’t be able to walk properly.”
 

Woo    : “Well, no. I don’t feel anything down there. Not even a drop of actually. But he probably had wiped it and..”
 

Taec    : “Woo, Yunho hyung is.. big, i mean, if he really did that, it should have bleed and you wouldn’t be able to walk back to our mansion.”
 

Woo    : “I guess you’re right. Wait, how do you know he’s big?”
 

Taec    : “hmm? Well..”
 

Woo    : “You’ve slept with him don’t you?” (squinting his eyes, glaring at Taecyeon)
 

Taec    : “What? No way. Don’t you remember we are cousins? And we often came to Bali and we(Taec and cousins) used to have a bath together when we’re children, didn’t we?”
 

Woo    : “Taecyeon-ssi, that’s like years ago. And he can’t probably be that big since child, right?”
 

Taec    : “When I was in junior highschool, when the others are out for a beach walk, I was left at home because I’m sick and Khun-hyung was buying me medicine. I walked to the living room and found that he was ing a .”
 

Woo    : “What? Then what happened?”
 

Taec    : “He noticed me and invite me to join the . And I ran to my bedroom.”
 

Woo    : “He’s crazy.”
 

Taec    : “So, now, we can conclude that your is .”
 

Woo    : “Yeah, I’m so happy.”
 

Taec    : “So, I wonder why you said that it was my fault back then.”
 

Woo    : (silent) ‘he still don’t remember. I guess life goes on. Probably better if he doesn’t remember.’
 

Taec    : “Wooyoung-ssi? Is there anything that I did wrong?”
 

Woo    : “Ani.. I was just mad at the moment. I’m sorry.” (giving him an unsicere smile)
 

Taec    : ‘really? He seemed lying to me’ “really? Forget it then. Let’s go home.”
 

Woo    : “Ne..”
End of Flashback
 

Narsha    : “Taec? What happened in Bali?”
 

Taec    : “Nothing. Why would anything happened? I told you we were surfing. Nothing more.”
 

Rain    : “Did you by any chance kick him out?”
 

Taec    : “Why would I kick him out?”
 

Rain    : “Well, you seemed can’t live with him on the first days.”
 

Taec    : “Dad, if I were about to kick him out, I’d have done that the moment you brought him here.”
 

Narsha    : “Did you feed him properly? Or did you not let him sleep in the bedroom?”
 

Taec    : “Oh God, no mom! If there is someone sleeping in the living room it’s me.”
 

Narsha    : “Why didn’t you two get along. Taec?”
 

Taec    : “I tried. But he seemed to be closing his heart. Dad, what exactly happened?”

Flashback (why on earth so many flashback in this chapter)
This morning
 

Narsha    : “Morning, baby.”
 

Woo    : “Morning, mom.”
 

Narsha    : “What’s with the lugages?”
 

Woo    : “I’m leaving. I’m sorry, but you told me that by the end of the vacation I can choose to whether stay or leave.”
 

Narsha    : “Honey, did we do something you don’t like?”
 

Woo    : “No, mom. I felt the warmth of a family here, with you all. But I don’t think I belong here. I don’t deserve this. I felt burdened because you always give me everything I need but I can’t give anything in return.”
 

Narsha    : “Honey, you know you deserve this. I already thought of you as my own son.”
 

Woo    : “I know. But I just can’t. I think I need to be more independent. That’s why I decided to move back to my old house.”
 

Narsha    : “But, Woo..”
 

Woo    : “I will keep contact and treat you like family. Mom, I have to go.”
 

Narsha    : “Okay, but make sure to stay healthy, okay?”
 

Woo    : “Yes, and about me leaving has nothing to do with Taecyeon. He had treated me so nice.”
 

Narsha    : “Yes. Take care, baby.” (watching Wooyoung leaving)
End of Flashback

Taec    : “So, he’s now in his old house?”
 

Rain    : “Why? You wanna go there?”
 

Taec    : “He brought his car? Then, dad, can I use my new car now? I haven’t use it outside the mansion.”
 

Narsha    : “What do you plan on going there?”
 

Taec    : “I actually planned an introduction party with my friends so that he won’t have difficult time during first day of school. Bye.”
 

Taec dashes to Wooyoung’s house. And when he arrives, he couldn’t help but running towards the gate pressing the bell button. (Note that Woo’s house is just as huge as Taec  -_- rich people)
 

Woo    : “누구세요? (read : nuguseyo)
 

Taec    : “Wooyoung-ssi, could you open the gate?”
 

Woo    : “Taecyeon-ssi? What are you..? Wait a moment.”
 

Taec    : (back to his car, realizing someone from the balcony pointing at the gate, using a remote control so that the gate opens)
 

Taecyeon enters the yard, parking his car and heads to the front door.
 

Woo    : (waiting at the door) “Taecyeon-ssi, what are you doing here?”
 

Taec    : “What are YOU doing here?”
 

Woo    : “I..”
 

Taec    : “Wooyoung-ssi, now that I think about it, there must be something I’ve done wrong. Wooyoung-ssi, I’m sorry. Did I make you uncomfortable this period of time?”
 

Woo    : “No, Taecyeon-ssi. It’s not like that. I just can’t be around the three of you. It will make me a burden to you.”
 

Taec    : “No one thinks that you’re a burden. We treated you like a family.”
 

Woo    : “Taecyeon, this is not because of your family.”
 

Taec    : “Then it’s because of me right?”
 

Woo    : (silent)
 

Taec    : “I see.”
 

Woo    : “Taecyeon-ssi, no.”
 

Taec    : (sighs) “By the way, do you really don’t want to live in our house that much?”
 

Woo    : “I told you it’s not about the house!”
 

Taec    : “Right. I just want you to know that the family needs you. Well, at least mom and dad needs you.”
 

Woo    : (and that sentence just break Woo’s heart to pieces)(forcing himself to smile)”I know. It’s just i need time to be alone. So..”
 

Taec    : “Okay. If you need us, please call. And I’d be very thankful if you call mom once a day, so she will feel better.”
 

Woo    : “Okay. Thanks for understanding.”
 

Taecyeon left without even telling Wooyoung about the plan he thought.
 

The rest days of vacation went by without Taecyeon seeing Wooyoung. Knowing that Wooyoung keeps his promise to call their parents once a day. His vacation is spent by visiting graveyards, Khun’s graveyard. He doesn’t cry anymore for him. He just sit beside Khun’s tombstone, caressing the photo on it, and kisses it a lot. *luckily no one’s around when he does that* He never forgot bringing different types of flowers he used to give Khun. He often fell asleep for hours above the graveyards. Well, still unable to let go, I assumed.
 

While on the other hand, Wooyoung is in despair. His heart aches like hell. The sentence Taec said that their parents need him. ‘I guess he tried to state that he doesn’t need me,’ he thought. Wooyoung can’t cry. He tried, but his mind won’t let it happened. Which makes his heart aches more. In his despair, he managed to keep his promise to keep in touch with his parents. His mother always is  anxious about his well-being. Wooyoung always tells her that he’s fine that he fed himself well. That he’s having fun with his old friend (which is his pillow) nowadays. He tried so hard to sound fine. Altough he’s healthy outside, he’s very sick inside. He felt so lucky having found out that he was not that day, or otherwise, he would probably be jumping outside the balcony to end his worthless life.