School(?) Great.

Unpredictable Fate

So, those terrible vacation has ended and it’s the first day of school.
Wooyoung and Taecyeon drive their own car to school. They accidentally meet up at the parking lot.
 

Taec    : “Wooyoung-ssi, it’s been a long time.” (grinning widely seeing Wooyoung)
 

Woo    : (not very pleasant) “How do you do Taecyeon-ssi?”
 

Taec    : “Fine, and you? By the way we’re on the same class, let’s go together.”
 

Woo    : ‘!@#@$#!!W=#$Damn*&%^&8why on earth i’m in the same class’ “really? That’d be great. At least I have someone I know.”
 

Taec    : “Actually, before, I wanted to introduce you to several friends before school days. I thought you probably needed it.”
 

Woo    : “Thanks. Very thoughtful of you, Taecyeon-ssi.”
 

Taec    : ‘What’s with the whole polite and formal talks?’
 

Woo    : “It’s just, speaking formal to you is.. more.. comfy I guess.”
 

Taec    : “Oh..” (Awkward silent appears. Luckily, the school bell rang)
 

Woo    : “So.. I guess, you can go ahead. I’ll.. I still have something to do.” (Wooyoung dashes away to the corridor)
 

Woo    : “OUCH!” (Woo bumped into another student, old-one, probably a senior(?) I forgot that he’s at the last year of school) “I’m sorry” (his face is flat, not showing any emotion)
 

Stud    : “It’s o..” (Wooyoung dashes pass him and disappeared leaving the old-one)
 

Now, Taecyeon and all his classmates are already in the classroom, waiting for the teacher’s arrival. The classroom is not crowded. Twenty pupils inside of it, twenty one including Wooyoung. The seat arrangement is more like that in private courses, where you can easily discuss the topic of the lessons in the teacher-centered circle seat arrangements. Without the teacher in the class, the students keep talking to each other. Taecyeon, as usual, stay mute and read his novel, not bothered by his friend’s chit chat.
 

*The following is some of Taec’s classmates’ chat*
IU    : “Ya, ya, ya..have you seen the new kid? The one with puffy cheek?”
 

Nicole    : “Yes, cute, huh? Very cocky, I should say. Not even bothered to bow to his senior.”
 

IU    : “JinJA? Waaa perfectly my style. I love a naughty junior. Would be a very nice meat.”
 

Nicole    : “..Rrrright. Better work fast, or you’ll lose your chance. Didn’t you realize that all the girls in our class talk about him? Pretty popular junior. Oh, the teacher’s here.”
 

Mr.Kim    : “Class, calm down.” (the classroom suddenly quiet) “You may come in.”
 

*IU and Nicole gasps. In fact the whole girls in the class were rather shocked.*
‘I thought he’s our junior?’ that’s what everyone was thinking.
 

Mr.Kim    : “Okay class, this is the cutie-pie you were, I bet, discussing earlier. Why don’t you introduce yourself?”
 

Woo    : “My name Wooyoung, and I’m not a Goddamn cutie-pie.” (the whole class laugh)
 

Mr.Kim    : “Class. So, why don’t you have a seat next to Chansung, there, the tall man on the third line.”
 

Woo sit himself down, next to an old-looking person. He searches his bag, to find books. Not even willing to get new friends, at least the two people on his left and on his right.
 

Chan    : “Hi, I’m Chansung, the one you bumped into earlier.” (extending his arm)
 

Woo    : “Really?” (emotionless face) “Sorry.” (grab Chansung’s palm)
 

Chan    : (chuckle)
 

Woo    : “What’s so funny?”
 

Chan    : “I thought it’s Wooyoung.”
 

Woo    : “What?”
 

Chan    : “Your name, Mr.Sorry, earlier I thought I heard it was Wooyoung.”
 

Woo    : (remain emotionless) “Earlier I thought that I bumped to a senior. But then I remembered that I am at the highest grade in this school.”
 

Chan    : “Not again. I was really glad that time you didn’t treat me like a senior unlike others, now you’re saying that I look old.”
 

Woo    : (chuckling) “So it’s not only me right? Others think that, too.”
 

Chan    : “Just so you know, I’m the youngest man here, at least before you came. Hmm, how old are you again?”
 

Woo    : “I’m 17. And you are?”
 

Chan    : “17. In fact, there are 10 pupils in this class who are 17. The difference is birth month. Mine’s September. I’m only 3 months younger than THAT guy over there (pointing at Taecyeon who is sitting on the second row), and he is second youngest in this class, actually. And I’d be very happy to have a new dongsaeng, that is if you’re younger. If not, you can just torture me like other boys do.”(Showing a sad face) (chan’s actual birthdate is 11 Februari. I’m just making it like this to fit the storyline)
 

Woo    : (Wooyoung found him funny) “Congratulations then. I’m your dongsaeng. Mine’s April.”
 

Chan    : (almost shouting) “Cheongmal??” (smiling widely)
 

Mr. Kim    : (bragging the table) “Yes, Chansung-ssi. It’s absolute that gold is resistant to corrosion. Unless you have something in mind.” (The class laughs at Chansung)
 

Chan    : “No, sir.” (he blushes red seeing Wooyoung also laughing at him) “Great, now I ruined my own image right in front of my dongsaeng.”
 

The whole class continue their study. Wooyoung take a look at Taecyeon who sits five seats next to him. He saw Taecyeon with his glasses on not even paying attention to the teacher.. He had never saw him wearing one before. It really suits him well. Taecyeon read another book which seems to be a novel. Wooyoung frowned at what Taecyeon is reading. He was like ‘And he told me to study well? And what is it with novel? I never knew he was into something like that.’ Suddenly, a warm hand patted his shoulder, making Wooyoung’s thought disappear.
 

Woo    : “What is it Chansung?”
 

Chan    : “Ya, I thought you said I’m your hyung. Why do you speak that informal to me?”
 

Woo    : (sigh) I never said that I’ll call you hyung. I just said that you are older than me.”
 

Chan    : “Whatever. I was wondering if you’re hungry. I have few snacks here.” (opening his drawer showing Wooyoung a pile of snacks which cause Wooyoung’s jaw drop)
 

Woo    : “That’s ing much. Why would there be any food allowed here?”
 

Chan    : “Well, there are no rules that state I can’t put or eat snacks here. So..”
 

Woo    : “Umm, thanks for asking, but no thanks. The teacher is still here. Besides, I don’t eat foods like that. I mean, what are you like five? You eat those chocolate pasta in plastic up to now? No wonder others keep bullying you.” (half whispering)
 

Chan    : ._. “Okay. I’ll just eat it alone then.”
 

Wooyoung felt so bored and tired with the non-stop Mathematics’ formula coming out on the whiteboard. He decided to close his eyelids not letting his teacher’s voice bothering him. Chansung is still busy with his snacks, while Taecyeon keeps reading another new novel.
After having a very boring class with Mr. Kim, the class is dismissed for lunch. Almost all the boys are heading out for the cafetaria. Wooyoung still in his sweet dreams, not realizing crowds of girls surrounding his table.
 

Girls    : “Aaah, he’s so cute.”
 

Nicole    : “I have to admit. He’s even cuter than IU.”
(Wooyoung still asleep with his right side face, facing the girls)
 

IU    : “Yeah, look at that puffy cheeks. I want to.” (touching Woo’s cheek with her index finger)
 

Girls    : “I want to touch it, too.”
 

IU and some lucky girls start poking his cheek. Wooyoung still stay in his dreams. He’s so deep in his fantacies that he doesn’t feel anything.
 

IU    : “Let’s Pinch it.”
 

Girls    : “Pinch!”
 

And they all begin pinching Wooyoung’s cheek. They pinch it so hard that Wooyoung wakes up screaming.
 

Woo    : “Ah, meoya?!!” (standing up, half awake, confused by the crowd)
 

Girls    : “He’s awake. Wooyoungie, you’re so cute.”
 

IU    : “Can I pinch your cheek again? It’s so puffy.”
 

Woo    : “No! Of course no. And why are you all surrounding me?”
 

Nicole    : “I guess we’re just curious about you, newbie.”
 

Woo    : “curious? Of what?”
 

IU    : “Where are you from?”
 

Woo    : “New York.”
 

IU    : “Jinja?” (followed by other girls)
 

Woo    : “Yes. Now, if you excuse me..” (getting up from his sit)
 

IU    : “What about eating lunch together?”
 

Woo    : “Ummm.. Maybe later. I.. (looking at Chansung who is looking at him) I promised eating with Chansung.”
 

Nicole    : “Rrright.” (other girls getting away from him and give Chansung an annoyed face)
 

IU    : “Enjoy your lunch.” (both of them leave the room)
 

Chan    : (approaching Wooyoung) “Let’s go!”
 

Woo    : “Huh?”
 

Chan    : “I thought you promised me something.”
 

Woo    : “What?”
 

Chan    : “Something about eating lunch, I guess.”
 

Woo    : “Oh, that. You heard it? I was just saying it. But, then let’s go.”
 

Chan    : “I’ll show you the campus first. We’re having much time anyway.”
 

Woo    : “Sounds great.” (Not really enthusias when saying it)
 

Chansung and Wooyoung get out of the class, heading to the very front school gate. Chansung starts touring with Wooyoung. Wooyoung seemed to like the school’s architecture. Lunch time break is one hour long. As it took half an hour for them to finish the whole school’s touring. After sight-seeing every corner in the school, those two boys head to the cafetaria. Well, more like a fancy restaurant inside, actually. Wooyoung’s stomach growl when he see some students chewing their macaroni schoutle. Chansung witnesses Wooyoung almost drooling. Both decided to take Italian food for lunch. Wooyoung bought what seemed to be a huge portion of macaroni schoutle, while Chansung eat a medium size pizza.
 

Chan    : “You’re so lucky. Girls like you so much.”
 

Woo    : “What do you mean?”
 

Chan    : “Just now, when they bothered you during your nap. Actually, they were talking about you before you entered the class, this morning.”
 

Woo    : “Lucky? They pinched my cheeks when I’m having a very nice dream!”
 

Chan    : “I would do anything to get some girls pinching my cheeks.”
 

Woo    : -_- “No, it’s just because I’m a new student.”
 

Chan    : “No, it’s because of these (pinching Wooyoungs left cheek) cuuute chubby cheeks.”
 

Woo    : “A..Atta!" (Slapping Chansung’s hand)
 

Chan    : “Just eat your food. We’d better hurry up. I think I should introduce you to some friends of mine.”
 

Woo    : ‘Oh great. Another friends? I thought I could just be an invisible stud here.’ “Sounds fun. Are they in the same class?”
 

Chan    : “Yes, and no. One in our class and two at the class next to us.”
 

Woo    : (nodded) (back to eating)
 

Having finished their lunch, the boys are going back to their class. Chansung called a guy from inside the class. He is none other than Taecyeon. Taecyeon walks out with Chansung. Wooyoung seemed a little bit in discomfort.
 

Chan    : “Wooyoungie, this is Taecyeon. Taecyeon-hyung, this is..”
 

Taec    : “Ara. Have you eaten Wooyoung-ssi? You don’t really look well.”
 

Woo    : “Oh, I have. Chansung-ssi just gave me a tour.”
 

Taec    : “Really? You should’ve ask me to give you one. I’d be glad to accompany you.”
 

Woo    : (blushing) “I’m sorry. (chuckles) I go with him just to get rid of those girls.” (Chansung was a little confused)
 

Taec    : “Haha. Oh, since you’ve met Chansung, why don’t I introduce two other friend of mine, since we canceled last time’s plan.” (Chansung frowned)
 

Chan    : “Wait, so, you guys know each other? How come I didn’t see you chatting before?”
 

Taec    : “Oh, actually, we have. When we arrived at school.”
 

Woo    : “And after that is when I bumped to you.”
 

Chan    : “Rrright. So, he’s the person you planned to hang out with us before school started, Taec?”
 

Taec    : “Yes. Something happened that time, so I have to appologize again for canceling the party.”
 

Chan    : “Naah. You should appologize to Junho. He had just bought a new party outfit before you cancelled the appointment.” (chuckling)
 

Taec    : “About that, let’s meet him after the class. The teacher’s coming.”
 

The three boys continue their class. After about an hour, the class ended. Wooyoung, once again, is crowded by girls. He sighs deeply.
 

Girl1    : “Kyaaa, he’s so cute when he sighs.”
 

IU    : “Wooyoung-ssi, will you hang out with us?”
 

Woo    : “Huh?
 

Nicole    : “Yeah, I saw you with Channie and Taecyeon-ssi just now. You made two friends already.”
 

IU    : “More friends are better, right?”
 

Woo    : “I guess”
 

Nicole    : “Then let’s be friends. And.. just invite Taecyeon with you to hang out with us.”
 

Woo    : “Ummm, I don’t think we can do that today. He’s gonna introduce me to his friends.”
 

Nicole    : “What are you his girlfriend? Why would you be introduced to his friends?”
 

Woo    : “Yeah, I wonder that too. Now, if you excuse me, I would like to go out. Chansung is waiting for me.
 

Nicole    : “Fine. See you next time chubby boy..”
 

IU    : “Good luck with your new friend. J”
 

Wooyoung heads out the classroom. There, he saw Chansung standing next to Taecyeon. At the moment, they’re chatting so happily with two other boys. One boy is short and another has small eyes, resembles his stepfather, in this case Rain. He is even more look alike his father than Taecyeon himself. They’re like a copycat. Chansung notices Wooyoung.
 

Chan    : “Oh, wasseyeo?”
 

Woo    : “Oo.”
 

Junho    : “You must be Wooyoung, right? Junho, Lee Junho.” (extending his right arm)
 

Woo    : “You know me?”
 

Junsu    : “Not really. But Taecyeon once talked about planning an introduction hangout with you. Junsu, anyway.”
 

Woo    : “Oh I see.”
 

Taec    : “Shall we go now?”
 

Woo    : “Go where?”
 

Junho    : “To a place I can show my new outfit of course. I was upset enough when this giant canceled the party.” (Pinching Taec’s cheek)
 

Taec    : “Ya! It hurts.” (pinching Junho’s nose)
 

Junho    : “Aaaa.. Stop it.”
 

Taec    : “You started it first.”
 

Wooyoung watch those two boys with an annoyed face.