Bonding Time

Unpredictable Fate

At the nurse clinic.
Nurse    : “Omo, that thing is big.” (Wooyoung squeaked listening to what the nurse said. He ran out of the room)
Junho    : “Ah, why are you saying weird things, miss nurse? It leaves you a bad reputation, you know?”
Nurse    : “What? I’m just saying what I thought.”
All    : (sigh)
Nurse    : “You, there, what’s this kid’s name?”
Chan    : “Taecyeon, Ok Taecyeon, miss.”
Nurse    : “Taecyeon? Then, help me writing it down on that blue book over there, will you?”
Chan    : “What’s in that book?”
Nurse    : “Just lists of students who were nursed here.”
Chan    : (busy with writing Taecyeon’s identity) “Done”
Nurse    : “Oh well, the swelling has gone. But, actually we have to make the muscles relax since it’s still tensed.”
Junsu    : “Kids, I need to go know. I promised someone earlier. Ah, don’t forget to ask Wooyoung to drive him home. I don’t think Taecyeon can drive like that.”
Chan    : “Oh, okay, have fun with.. you know, whoever it is.”
Junsu    : “Ok, take care.”(leaving the room)
Junho    : “Anyway, nurse, is there anything we can do?”
Nurse    : “Well, actually I have to take some medicine for muscle injury, so why don’t you both massage those red areas on his thigh. It can help relaxing the muscles.”
Junho    : “Alright, just take that medicine. Chansung-ah, I’ll massage this part, you massage the left thigh.”
Chan    : “Wait, hyung, how do you massage it?”
Junho    : “You know, like you were playing with . Squeeze it gently.”
Chan    : “Got it. Like when you squeeze.. (s).”
Chansung start pressing the muscles gently and start squeezing it. Junho does the same. He squeeze the solid meat with his fingers and thumbs.
Chan    : “Hyung, how long do we have to do this?”
Junho    : “I don’t know. Just wait until the nurse told us to stop. But this kid really exercise a lot, right?”
Chan    : “Nichkhun hyung, him, and me, used to exercise together.”
Junho    : “Ah, jinja?”
Chan    : “Hyung, I think you need to exercise. You have a potential body.”
Junho    : “I think I need to exercise, too. But really? Potential?” (Junho grins widely)
Chan    : “Of course, but, where did Wooyoung go? Does it take this long to wash your eyes?”
Junho    : “Ah, just do it quietly.”    
Chansung and Junho continued massaging Taecyeon’s thigh for a couple of minutes. Then, suddenly, someone opened the door.
Woo    : “Yah!! Junho-hyung, Chansung! You, you guys! Yah! Don’t take advantage of his unconsciousness to fulfil your ert lust!!”
Chan    : “What? What are you talking about?”
Woo    : “Yah, you guys keep touching and squeezing his thigh.”
Junho    : “Yah, we just massage it so that it’ll be relaxed! The nurse told us to do that.”
Woo    : “Eh?”
Junho    : “Yah! What are you thinking, huh? Stop fantasizing!”
Woo    : “Ahni, hyung, what will people think when you see a sleeping guy who wears only shirts and , with two other guys keep squeezing his thigh?”
Chan    : “Yah, stop thinking ert. Junho-hyung, just massage him again.”
Junho    : “Okay.”
Wooyoung sighs and observes the body of Taecyeon.
Woo    : “Yah! His lips are bleeding! What happened?”
Junho    : “What? I don’t know. We didn’t see that.”
Chan    : “Maybe, he bit it when he was stretched.”
Woo    : (searching for alcohol and tissues)
Junho    : “What are you looking for?”
Woo    : “tissues.”
Junho    : “Here, just use mine.”
Woo    : “Thanks. Just, keep massaging.”
Junho    : “We ARE massaging it, now.”
Wooyoung wipe the blood with the tissues. Some of the blood has already dried. He takes another tissues and give a little alcohol to cleanse his lips and wipe the blood stains. He can see Taecyeon’s lips are red, since it’s bleeding. He wipe the blood stain. Taecyeon frowned his eyebrows. Wooyoung doesn’t realize. He can feel it. Taecyeon’s soft warm lips. His heart beats faster. He focused his vision at Taecyeon’s lips. He presses it so that it’ll stop bleeding. Taecyeon felt a sting at his lips as Wooyoung presses his lower lip. He opens his eyes slowly and finds Wooyoung’s focused face looking at his lips. Wooyoung still has not realize this and keep wiping the lips from the blood stains. Wooyoung’s eyes met his. Wooyoung froze. His hand are still on Taecyeon’s lips. The way Taecyeon looks at him and the way Taecyeon blow his fingers with his breath makes his face blushes and his heart beats even faster.
Taec    : “Aw!!” (Taecyeon felt something down his thigh. He takes a look at his thighs only to find Chansung and Junho squeezing them like crazy.) “YAH!!!!!!!!! What are you guys doing?” (He moves his legs to get rid of their hands. But, the more he move his legs, the more tensed his muscles felt) “Argh! It hurt so much. Yah! Chansung! If I recover, you’re a dead meat! You ert. Stop playing my thigh.”
Junho    : “Yah, the nurse told us to!!”
Nurse    : “Oh. You’re awake? Take this medicine. And you can go home.”
Taec    : “What is this?”
Nurse    : “It can help to reduce pain.”
Taecyeon tries to move his legs.
Nurse    : “No, no, no, no. You still cannot move that freely. Maybe in two or three days you’ll be able to run freely again. But now, you must rest as much as you can.
Taec    : “Ah, how long will my thighs’ injury take to recover?”
Nurse    : “Two or three days. If you stop trying to move that feet of yours. It’ll help very much if you just stay calm. The muscles may tense anytime, so do stop moving around. And, when you’re home, make sure you massage your thigh for 10 minutes before sleep and also in the morning. And... since it’s not office hour anymore, I hope you can leave now. What about it?”
Woo    : “Yes, miss. Will you wait for a moment? Taecyeon’s driver said that he’s almost here.”
Nurse    : “I’ll wait for another 10 minutes.”
Woo    : “Thank you.”
Taec    : “My driver?”
Woo    : “I called dad. He was.. worried. Very. I told him it’s just minor injury. And driver Lee’s on the way. I’ll stay until mom’s back from wherever she is now or until you recover.”
Taec    : (silent, looking at his bed)
Woo    : “Why? You don’t like it?”
Taec    : “No.. it’s just, I thought you’re uncomfortable..”
Woo    : “Yes. But, it’s not like I have a choice.”

At the Jung’s house.
Taecyeon is sitting at the living room with his legs opened wide. He takes the snacks beside him. After grinding the crunchy popcorn, he swallows it and extend his right hand to reach his canned coca cola. He focuses his eyes on the TV show. Then, after a while, he burst out laughing. Then, he heard the noisy sound from the kitchen.
Taec    : “Wooyoung-ssi, s’everything alright?”
Woo    : “Noo.. Everything’s NOT alright. My weekend is ruined. Completely.”
Taec    : (sighs) ”I told you.. I can handle this myself. I have my hands with me..”
Woo    : “No, forget it. Don’t talk about it. Do you really have to want Sujebi for diner?”
Taec    : “Well, that.. You asked me what I want for diner right? Then it’s Sujebi. But, if you want to make diner, just do what you can make best. I take instant noodle too. I’m fine with it. It’s not like you can cook, anyway.” (he’s back watching TV)
Wooyoung’s blood boiled to it’s max whenhe heard what Taecyeon said earlier, “it’s not like you can cook, anyway.”
Woo    : “! Mwo? Just do what you can make best? I take instant noodle too? AAAAARGHH!!” (Wooyoung screams)
Taec    : (shouts) “What happened? Wooyoung-ssi? Wooyoung-ssi?”
Woo    : “Wooyoung-ssi, wooyoung-ssi! I’ll squeeze my head inside your mouth if you call me again!” (Taecyeon can only hear someone murmuring because he’s in the living room and Wooyoung’s in the kitchen)
Taec    : “Need a help? Wooyoung-ssi?”
Woo    : (sighs) “No, it’s okay. I’m just throwing the sujebi that’s still halfway made.”
Taec    : “What? Why do you do that?”
Woo    : “Oh, please.. Taecyeon-ssi, your food will be ready in no time, if you just continue watch the TV and stop bothering me. Okay?”
Taec    : “Sorry. We can order food, if you want. No need to cook, if you can’t.”

Wooyoung explodes, but this time, he doesn’t say anything. He takes a frying pan. He places it on the stove. He goes to the refrigerator and take out five eggs, and search for carrots and other vegetables. Finding what he wants, he closes it and put all of it at the table. He grabs the cheese bar, flour, and butter inside the cabinets above him. “Oh, I almost forgot!” He said. He opened the other refrigerator and finds it full of bottles. The one he’s been searching, alcohol drinks. He grabs a bottle of wine. He hums ‘I Hate You – 2PM’ and washes the vegetables. He brings those to the cutting board. Having Cutting the carrots and potatoes, he leaves it there. He pours water inside the saucepan and then takes the sliced carrots and potatoes and sweet corns. He turn on the stove, letting the water boils the vegetables. He leave it and cooks the rice. He cleans the kitchen while waiting for the vegs. After a while, he opens the top of the saucepan. Then, he takes out the vegetables and drain it. Then, he set the frying pan on the stove. He pour some butter and and break the five eggs and enter them inside the pan. “He said he’s fine, yet he do no help and keep sitting in front that stupid TV,” he said. Then, pour some flours, put some cheese slice, and stir the dough. He sprinkles some water and stir it again. Now, he put in the boiled sliced vegetables stir it again. The pan is full of the dough. After that, he mixes a spoonful of wine into the dough to make it smell good. He stirs it again and wait for a about ten minutes to make it fully cooked. He takes it out and serves it on a big plate. For the last toppings, he melts some slices of cheese bar and pour it over the one so called SCRAMBLED EGGS. YAY! Okay, maybe that’s not how to make it, so what?!
Woo    : “Now, you said I can’t cook?”
He brings the food to the dining room. He scoops the rice into two bowls and brings it to the dining room, too. He also places the chopsticks beside the bowls. Then, everything’s done. Then, Wooyoung’s thought flies, fantasizing as if something like in dramas will happen.
Wooyoung’s fantasy.
Woo    : “Taecyeon-ssi, dinner’s ready.” (decorating the dining table)
Wooyoung cleans the table and after that pouring water to the glasses they will later use. Suddenly he felt warm arms hug his waist and he can feel his shoulder’s getting heavier. He can hear Taecyeon’s breathing next to him.
Woo    : “Taecyeon-ssi, what are you?” (he tries to shook Taec’s arms off, but Taecyeon tighten his arms around him)
Taec    : “Mmmh, you made this all for me?”
Woo    : “Ah, ne.. you said I can make anything I can make best, right?”
Taec    : “You, know, that’s not what I want to eat now, actually?”
Woo    : “What? Don’t you know how much effort I.. mmhh?”
Taecyeon’s lips landed on his. Wooyoung froze. He can feel his feet turns to jelly. He was shocked and stay still for a couple of seconds while Taecyeon keep devouring his lips. Wooyoung closes his eyes and touch Taecyeon’s face and the reply the kiss wildly.
Taec    : “BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!” Taecyeon cracked watching the show.
Wooyoung snaps out of his fantasy.
Woo    : “Right. What am I thinking. He can feel heat around his face.”
Woo    : “Taecyeon-ssi, dinner’s ready. Stop watching anime, will you?” (shouting)
Taec    : “Eo, wait a second.. the show’s ending soon..” (half shouting)
Woo    : “Yeah? About how long? Come on, aren’t you hungry?” (shouting)
Taec    : “Alright..” (half shouting)
Taecyeon turns the TV off. Suddenly, Wooyoung can feel awkward silence. Then, he pour water to the glasses. It’s weird. The room is quiet. He can’t hear any footsteps.
Wooyoung’s thought.
Woo    : “Could it be.. my fantasy will come true?” (He tensed. He closes his eyes. His heart is pounding like crazy)
Wooyoung waits for a while, when he realized there’s nobody hugging him from behind. And suddenly..
Taec    : “Uhmmmm.. Wooyoung-ssi?”
Woo    : “Huh?” (he turns his head and sees Taecyeon staring at him from his seat at the sofa near the TV)
Taec    : “Why did you froze there? Oh, in case you forgot, I’m now unable to use my.. legs.. actually. So..”
Woo    : “. Of course it won’t happen.” He mumbles. “Ah, sorry. I was just thinking of something.”
Wooyoung takes of his apron. He approaches Taecyeon. He tried to help him standing up. It’s impossible for him to lift Taecyeon up, anyway. He bend down a little.
Taec    : “And why are you bending down?”
Woo    : “I can’t carry you up bridal style, right? But I can piggy back you.”
Taec    : “Ahh, are you sure?”
Woo    : “What? You think I’m not strong enough?”
Taec    : “Nonono, not that. It’s just, I’m not as light as you think. Haha.”
Woo    : “Just hurry up, okay.”
Taecyeon bends his back. He drop his weight on Woo’s back and round his arms around Wooyoung’s neck. Wooyoung froze for a moment.  It’s not Taecyeon’s weight. It’s his arms. It makes him, groggy? trembling? Yeah, something like that. Then, he heard “What? Am I too heavy?” Then, he lifts his body and heads out to the dining table. He walks as fast as he can, not because he’s afraid he’ll fall down due to Taecyeon’s weight. He’s just so uncomfortable with Taecyeon breathing on his neck. Why on earth he offered a piggy back just now? Then, he helps Taecyeon sits down.
Taec    : “Wow!! What is that?”
Woo    : “It’s a scrambled egg.”
Taec    : “You really threw away the sujebi?”
Woo    : “Of course..”
Taec    : “You should just continue cooking it. I’m not gonna refuse eating something that has been cooked for me. Well, shall we eat?”
Woo    : “Here, your rice. I hope you like it.”
Taec    : “Thanks.”
They eat the scrambled eggs. For his surprise, Taecyeon finds it really good. He complimented Wooyoung and that he is very surprised that Wooyoung can actually cook. Then, there was awkward silence since Wooyoung not bother to answer Taecyeon’s compliments with anything.
Woo    : (clears throat) “Umm, I’ll wash the dishes.” (standing up and goes to the kitchen with plates in his hands)
Taec    : “Umm, Wooyoung-ssi? Before that, can you help me with bath?”
Woo    : “HUWHAT?!!!! Of course not! Are you insane?”
Taec    : “Stop the erted thought, will you? I just ask you to me to the bathroom.. that’s all.”
Woo    : “Then say it from the beginning. And stop talking like that. You make people get the wrong point.”
Taecyeon doesn’t reply Wooyoung’s comment. Wooyoung put the plates down and piggy back Taecyeon to the bathroom inside their room. Wooyoung drop him on the bathtub.
Woo    : “You can turn the water yourself right?”
Taec    : “Yes, I can do it myself.” (pulling off his shirt)
Woo    : “Yah, close the curtain if you want to strip.”
Taec    : “What, are you shy? We’re both males, you know?”
Woo    : “Whatever. I’ll wash the dishes.”
Wooyoung runs out of the room and go straight to the sink to wash the piles of dishes and pans. Then, after a while, he finished the chores. He dry his hands and heads out to the TV. He remembered that today, there’s his favorite gag show. He switched the channel. The show is already halfway broadcasted. Just in the middle of watching, “Wooyoung-ssi!“ he heard Taecyeon calls him.
Wooyoung approaches the bathroom only to find the curtains opened showing Taecyeon sinking his body inside the foamy water.
Woo    : “YAH!! What the!” (Wooyoung turns his body away from the bath tub)
Taec    : “What are you doing? Grab me some towel, can you?”
Woo    : “Don’t ever do this again!” (grabbing a white towel from the cupboard beside the washtafle)
Taec    : “What? in front of you?”
Woo    : “No! Don’t ever get yourself paralyzed! It proved to be a real pain in my .”
Taec    : “Yah, nobody wants to get injured! It’s Chansung’s fault.”
Woo    : “Aigoo, stop blaming others.” (handing him the towel)
Taec    : “Aren’t you helping me?”
Woo    : “No way! Dry yourself! Tell me when you’re covered with towel.” (turning his body)
Taec    : “Ne, I’m done.”
Wooyoung once again piggy back him. This time, without anything but towel.
Woo    : “Taecyeon-ssi, for my sake, I think it’s better if you go to sleep already. If you do anything else, you’ll tire me. (grab clothes for Taec) And for goodness, this is weekends. And I can’t believe I spend the rest of my time babysitting you.” (throwing them to Taec)
Taec    : “told you not to, earlier.”
Woo    : “Well, father make me to. I’m not gonna leave after promised someone.” (sighs) “Just put those on. And sleep. It’ll be best if you don’t move your legs around.”

Taecyeon doesn’t reply. Wooyoung left for a shower. He grab new towel and shut the door. He locked it. He let the hot water traces his hair to his head then to his body rapidly. His back is actually.. aching. He just hoped that his backbone will not be misplaced. He sighs. Well, at least Wooyoung does everything better handling Taecyeon compared to the last time Taec’s paralyzed back at the cliff during their last holidays. That’s what he thought. His hand turns the shower off as he grab his towel. Drying himself, he find his eyes are read. The hot water just made it worse. Then he quit the bathroom and finds Taecyeon sleeping calmly at the bed. He grab some clothes (his beloved PJ) from his unpacked backpack and applies it to himself.

Wooyoung lay his tired body next to Taecyeon’s looking at the ceiling. He looks at Taecyeon for a short time then lazily rolls his body facing the other side of the bed. He tried to close his eyes, but he can’t sleep. He decided to just stay awake. Suddenly, he can feel a hand slipping down his right side of body which has contact with the bed and another pulling his waist closer to Taecyeon.