True Friends

Unpredictable Fate

And YES! You are not dreaming. I came back! Damn, my promise from several hours turned into more than six months. Damn! But here are updates, lovely readers! :D


 

WooYoung sat at his usual seat. He’s a little early this morning. None of his three friends have arrived yet, so he decided to just stay in the class. His mind was totally not wondering about the test he’ll have today. He didn’t even go to Junsu’s house, yesterday. He sighs, thinking about how stupid he was. He replays the scenes of their date. Everything was perfect. Every single event was perfect. They had comfortable chats, sightseeing, movie, and a very romantic night picnic. When did it go wrong? Right, he remembered the last scene very well.

WooYoung’s P.O.V.

Flashback

I was walking towards my car with IU and she suddenly stopped. I looked at her and she threw me this puppy eyes. Her eyes were sparkling as if they were telling me to just go and do something right. She leaned towards me. I felt the urge to do the same, so I just leaned my body and close my eyes, aware of the romantic thing we’d do. Our kiss almost touched. I could feel her breathing in front of me. She slowly reached for me. I stopped leaning my head towards her. I felt something. I’ve never felt this before when I was kissing a girl. My heart felt weird. I can feel her soft lips touched mine.

Hers tastes like cherry. It was pleasent taste for my lips. I just let myself immersed on our act. She held my arms, securing her position. I could sense her effort to make me deepen the kiss. I brushed my lips on her lips. I feel something. My heart feels so weird. It’s so weird that I frown. I tried to enjoy the feeling, but, I felt nothing. And that’s when my heart starts pounding really fast. It felt like it’s gonna explode. That was right after the image of TaecYeon appeared out of nowhere, and I not only broke the kiss, but also pushed her a little too hard. I was so lucky that she didn’t fall back.

I can see questions in her eyes. I felt sorry for her. But I felt more sorry for myself. “It’s late. Your parents might wonder your whereabouts.” That’s the only thing I could say. With that I litteraly went to my car with her following me. I drove her home. The ride was silent. When I reached her house, she smiled at me. “About earlier, I know I should have followed the 5th date rule, but I don’t think I could resist your gentleness. And with your conduct I know you don’t want me for my body only. Thank you.” She flashes me a goodbye smile. I returned it with a bitter smile.

End of Flashback

I sighed once again remembering that on the same night, I go to club, to have some drinks. I need to loosen my mind. I felt frustrated. I remember I didn’t drink much. I just had 2 or 3 glasses of cocktail and imediately go home, since I was aware that I need to drive. I made it safe to my house. The empty house I lived on my own. I didn’t remember locking the front door. Luckily, there’re no robbers or anything. It wasn’t the alcohol. It’s because of my stress. I woke up late. I didn’t even remember having a promise or about today’s exam.

I was really tired, so I sandwhiched my head between the desk and my hands. But then, familiar voices entered the room. The next thing I knew was someone smacked my head with a book. It was enough to wake me up. I looked up to them. The three of them looked at me in disbelief. JunHo was leaned his face towards me.

Yah, you didn’t show up yesterday,” JunHo squinted his eyes

I forgot about it,” I replied coolly.

I don’t care about it. Just tell me one thing.” JunHo paused. “Did you or did you not,” he continued and whispered the next words “having an with her?

My mouth was left hanging in the air. ChanSung quickly smacked his head for the inappropriate question. I shook my head.

So.. did you?” This time, TaecYeon smacked him

It’s his business. Stop sniffing around his ,” TaecYeon left to his seat after saying that.

Somehow, I sense a negative aura from him. Maybe he’s disappointed that I didn’t come, yesterday. As TaecYeon left, both of them dismissed and I was again, alone. I saw IU entered the classroom. She waved at me happily. I smiled. She was heading my way, but then Nicole called her, so she just smiled at me and walked away. The teacher came into the class, bringing piles of papers. I sighed.

End of WooYoung’s P.O.V.

Outside The Class

I don’t think I’ll pass this exam,” ChanSung said.

I don’t think it’s that hard, though,” JunHo said.

ChanSung almost choke JunHo’s neck. “Don’t you dare say it in front of me.”

Ya, Taec, you okay? Don’t tell me you couldn’t do the exam,” JunHo tried to make the oldest speak since he hadn’t been speaking much to them lately.

I’m okay. I was just thinking about something,” TaecYeon said.

There is no way you’ll fail this exam, what would you worry? WooYoung, what about you?” ChanSung sighed.

I think we’re on the same boat, ChanSung-ah,” WooYoung replied making both him and ChanSung laughed

Was it that hard, though?” TaecYeon muttered.

The other three stopped on their track.

What? I’m just stating my opinion,” TaecYeon acted innocent.

You like to brag that much?” WooYoung commented.

Well, not really. But it’s just weird if both of you guys failed the exam. I explained thoroughly to you about that math problems,” TaecYeon heaved a sigh.

Arasso, arasso, we’re just a bunch of dumbs, while you’re a genius. Now, let’s eat, I’m kinda hungry.” JunHo linked his arms with the other two, leaving TaecYeon behind them.

Thank God you mentioned it. I was starving myself. Haven’t been eating this morning since I woke up late,” WooYoung said as they walked towards the cafetaria.

But weren’t you even here before us?” JunHo said.

That’s because I thought I was gonna be late. I drove here as fast as I can.” He explained simply.

I see.” JunHo paused. “So, I was just wondering. How was your date last night?” JunHo, again, being himself, couldn’t contain his curiosity in his pants.

Yah! Why do you care sooo much about my date with her? Aish!” WooYoung said totally pissed. He’s not even a celeb and JunHo’s being overly curious.

Because she’s basically popular, and you, a new kid, come in and won over her heart. That is why. Besides, I just want to know whether she’s wild or what.” JunHo explained, somehow WooYoung doesn’t find any reason to share even after JunHo said about it.

She’s fine! We were just hanging out, chatting, and eating ddokbokki, nothing weird,” WooYoung briefly explained.

Alright. But do you even like her?” JunHo squinted his eyes.

What?!” WooYoung was surprised by his question.

I mean, you were actually pissed off when she’s approaching you, so I thought you’re just toying her around. Just saying,” JunHo reasoned.

WooYoung sighed, as he was really speechless. JunHo was, pretty much, right. He hated it.

All four of them walked to the cafetaria, grab their lunch and chatting cheerfully. TaecYeon, on the other hand wasn’t really in the mood to talk to the others, so he just sit there silently listening to the conversation which revolves around school, teachers, planning for next weekend, and it’s Monday for goodness sake. TaecYeon was thinking that these boys really didn’t care about school.

Yah! Taec! What do you say?” JunHo said.

About what?” TaecYeon suddenly looked up to see all eyes on him.

Hyung! Are you even listening to us?” ChanSung was pissed.

We’re talking about next Saturday. Do you want to go somewhere? My uncle said their villa will be empty this weekend, so, what do you say?” JunHo summarized the conversation shortly.

That’ll be cool,” TaecYeon said giving his approval.

Great! Then you call Junsu hyung! I don’t want to contact him. He’s annoying when I ask him to this kind of trip,” ChanSung said excitedly.

Okay. Guys, let’s get back to class.” TaecYeon reminded everyone that they still have class in a moment.

The others stood up right away and quickly returned back to their class. On their way, they ran into IU and Nicole. JunHo quickly pull the other boys inside the class to leave WooYoung with IU. Nicole followed inside the classroom.

Hey, have you eaten lunch?” WooYoung asked the girl.

I already eaten with Nicole and the others. Oppa, what do you think if we’re going to amusement park next Saturday?” IU replied almost giggling because of WooYoung’s awkwardness.

Ah, I would love to, but I already promised JunHo that I would join them this weekend in Jeju-do.” He felt really relieved that he had mad an appointment at that day, because he don’t want to be too deep in this relationship. Somehow he pitied IU. She deserves better.

Jinjja? Oh, I thought we could have our second date. Alright then, but make sure to take me somewhere next time, okay?” IU said a little bit down, but then she kissed WooYoung’s cheek before she left.

WooYoung’s House – After School

WooYoung’s P.O.V.

Oh, why is this house so quiet?” WooYoung looked around. “Well, of course, there’s no one here, except me and the maids are probably chatting somewhere around the house.”

Eish, there’s nothing to do. I’m sooooo boooooooooooooored.

I had spent the evening rolling on his bed. It was terribly boring. What should I do? And where the hell are they? They said they want to come over and play! So, TaecYeon’s gonna come over? Great. I thought I’ll be free of him after school. Should I just ask ahjussi? Wait, he’s not even much older than I am. But the word hyung just doesn’t fit the part. Who cares. He shrugged it off. He tapped on his phone, sending a text message to YunHo.

To: Jung YunHo

From: Jang WooYoung

Hi! I was just wondering. TaecYeon’s coming over to my house with my friends. What should I do? And don’t tell me that I should just bang with him. I’m serious.

He tapped send and sighed waiting for the reply. After a moment, his reply finally came.

To: Jang WooYoung

From: Jung YunHo

Well, you should do some party, then. It’s a must. Kekekeke, okay, kidding. Just act normal. Why are you acting like you’re not in a good terms with him, anyway?

To: Jung YunHo

From: Jang WooYoung

Aish, your reply was quite not worth reading. And I also wish to know why I even act like that. Fine then, I shouldn’t even think to consult you from the beginning.”

To: Jang WooYoung

From: Jung YunHo

Oh. Are you angry? Don’t get angry~ I’m sorry. But seriously, just tell him anyways!

To: Jung YunHo

From: Jang WooYoung

 

Shut up before I peeled your scrotum layer by layer and pull out your pubes one by one.

And with that, YunHo didn’t even send a word as a reply. Okay, at least I won. Now, where are these dumbs. Aish, JunHo said they’ll be here after telling their parents. Wait, why wouldn’t they just message their parents instead? These mamaboys, seriously!

YO! WOOYOUNG!” I heard ChanSung’s loud voice soon followed with horn sound.

I jumped up from my bed and go to the balcony. I saw them inside the car.

Wait! There’s just the two of you? Where’s Taec?” I asked.

He’s on the way. I asked him to pick up some pizza,” JunHo answered.

Oh, just come upstairs. Nobody’s here. The door’s not locked.

Both JunHo and ChanSung rushed upstairs.

Ya! Where’s your room? There are so many room here!” JunHo yelled.

I opened my bedroom door. “Aish, this is the only door that’s unlocked. Come in,” I motioned the boys to come in.

Both of them looked around my room. Well, I could tell they’re quite surprise to see it. No one actually ever come in this room except for my mom and dad and my sister. And I this is the room I used before I went to the states, so, yeah, there are a lot of photos of me and my family. Well, of course I kept them. They’re the most precious persons I have. But, anyways, they looked at my room for quite a long time without saying anything. My room must have been really messy and also, gloomy. I like black, that’s why the wall that faced my bed was painted with black. I could tell ChanSung was staring at it as if something might come out from it.

Your room really is the way I thing it might be. Gloomy and dark. Just like your mood.” JunHo commented. Did I really act gloomy in front of anyone?

Is that your parents?” ChanSung pointed at the photos on my wall.

Yes, that’s a year ago,” I said.

Well, who’s that beautiful girl next to you?” ChanSung asked again.

Noona,” I muttered.

Whoaa, she’s beautiful.” ChanSung kept staring at the picture, making me chuckle.

Sorry, if the house seemed like it’s not welcoming you guys,” I said.

No, not a problem. But, where are the maids? Are you totally alone in this house like, the whole time?” ChanSung asked.

Yes, the maids left when my uncle tried to take over the whole company. So, yeah, I’m always alone in this house,” I smiled.

DAEBAK!” ChanSung’s mouth won’t close until JunHo shut them.

Wow, it must be hard, when your family is gone, your relatives tried to take away anything from you. But, I heard on the news that you’re the next heir of the company. You sure handled problems well.” JunHo commented showing his sympathy.

Not at all. I don’t care if they took the company, anyway. And it was TaecYeon’s dad that work it all out. He’s a good man, indeed.” I sat down on my bed. The others followed.

Of course, he’s a good man. You don’t know how good he is to us everytime we go into Taec’s house? His dad would sneak into our room and shared his naughty teenage conducts. Oh, man, he’s the best!” ChanSung chuckled.

Why did you leave Taec’s house then?” JunHo asked randomly.

Then silence hit the room. I don’t really want to honestly answered that.

Well, it’s okay if you don’t want to talk about it. Anyway, I just heard a news of Lim JaeWon,” JunHo said.

Lim JaeWon? That not so good looking guy from next class? I heard he was expelled,” ChanSung commented.

Huh? Why?” I asked curiously.

WHAT?! You don’t know?!!! Oh, right? You’re still not transfered when the case happened,” JunHo replied.

He’s been accused of getting two students pregnant. Aish, that son of a . If you want to have , at least use protection. I always did it with protection on. It’s for your own safety, right?” JunHo continued.

Well, I don’t really use protection,” I said absentmindedly.

What?! Yah! How could you.. What if the girl got pregnant?” JunHo’s mouth was widely opened.

Well, no one had ever accused me before, so, I guess they’re okay. And don’t worry, I get it out outside,” I said acting cool.

Wahhh, that cute cheeks must contain poison, huh? Aigoo, poor IU. She’s innocent, but her boyfriend is this jerk,” ChanSung shook his head in disbelief.

Shut up, it’s not your business.” WooYoung said.

What’s not his business?” I was surprised to hear that voice. I turned around to see TaecYeon bringing in some box. He was wearing a tight shirt and some worn out jeans.

Huh?” I couldn’t get my words out.

Whoah! The pizza is here!” ChanSung, of course, being a gluttony, quickly runs toward the pizza.

What did you order? Shrimp? Pepperoni? Beef? Cheese?” ChanSung asked.

Much. Just look at it and eat what you want. Hey, I guess you two should eat it now, before it’s gone in a moment,” TaecYeon suggested.

I walked towards the pizza and looked at it.

Is there Tuna flavor?” I asked TaecYeon.

Tuna?” he asked.

Seems like there isn’t. Oh, I like Tuna, though,” I mumbled.

Do you want me to go buy it?” TaecYeon offered.

Huh? No no no, I like the cheese one, too,” I quickly refused.

Why would you go buy it? You can just order a delivery. Don’t act overly, hyung,” ChanSung commented.

The front door is opened. Did you forgot to lock it?” TaecYeon looked at me.

No. It’s always open. The environment is safe,” I explained.

Even when you’re going to sleep?” he asked with his eyes wide opened.

Oh, why?” I blinked several times.

Ya! Even if it’s safe you should lock it. What if someone break into the house?” TaecYeon yelled suddenly.

Hyung, why are you yelling at him. Chill, dude, you heard him. It’s safe around here,” JunHo frowned.

Uh, that, uh, you know my mother. She wouldn’t like to hear you live like carelessly like this, WooYoung,” TaecYeon said looking worriedly at me.

Oh, for goodness sake I’m 17 already. I’m not a child anymore,” I said quite too loud.

Yeah, so do we, but it’s TaecYeon’s mom we’re talking. Think about it. He lost Khun-hyung. And you’re practicaly his son, now, so, she wouldn’t like to know something bad happened to you. Right? That’s what we call trauma effects. That’s what ChanSung’s mom is like. And it was annoying. Right ChanSung?” JunHo caused the room to laugh except for ChanSung.

Yah, even if she’s annoying, she gave me so much food. For that, I wouldn’t even dare to complain,” he said.

Aigoo, there’s nothing inside your brain except food. No wonder you’re stupid,” I said causing everyone to laugh.

We spent the evening playing UNO stacks. I have to admit, it really is fun. I never played this thing before, but being with these people really made me realize I still can have fun. For what’s worth it, I can now say that I have found true friends. Thanks to the Jungs. And especially this big guy. I glanced at the clock on the wall confirming the time as I saw it’s getting dark outside the balcony.

9PM what the f.. , we’ve got that homework, right?” I thought it wasn’t even an hour. It’s almost nine? How the hell didn’t I noticed.

Oh ! My mom told me to be home at 6!” ChanSung jumped up suddenly recalling what his mother had said to him.

What?! Yah! Why are you coming here, then?! Come on, I’ll drop you on your house!” JunHo stood up as well. TaecYeon’s face expression changed. What is this? Why is everyone seemed to worry about this. It’s just 9PM.

Your mom’s home? Dude, why didn’t you tell us?” I sense worry in Taec’s voice.

Cut the talk! She’s gonna slay me, for sure!! Or worse,” ChanSung suddenly panicked as he ran exitting my room, running down the stairs. JunHo followed fast.

I looked at TaecYeon who seemed to understand what I was wondering about.

Not the right time to talk about it.” He said to me, leaving the room.

Somebody please tell me what is going on. It’s just a ing 9PM! I almost sreamed when I heard the sound of engine echoed inside the mansion. I ran down as quickly as I could. When I reached downstairs, I saw Taec standing by the door. JunHo’s car quickly dashed away within a second.

Yah! We still haven’t do the homework! Yaaa! Lee JunHo! Hwang ChanSung!” I screamed my lungs.

Oh, believe me, tomorrow’s homework would be nothing compared to this one,” TaecYeon nodded his head.

Spit it, TaecYeon-ssi!” I demanded.

Like we discussed earlier, ChanSung’s mom, is,” he paused. “One of a kind,” he said.

What do you mean by that? Don’t make me curious,” I furrowed.

Well, you see, when ChanSung didn’t keep his word, or do something wrong, or caught up doing something not up to her liking, well, he.. uh, he’s gonna be grounded for sure.” TaecYeon explained.

I see nothing that stood out, there,” I crossed my arms.

Well, about 5 weeks ago, if I’m not mistaken, her mom said, if he did something wrong again, he, uh.” The word seemed to be on his tongue, but he just couldn’t spit it out.

He what?” I asked a little too focused to know.

He’ll be matched up with someone to be engaged,” TaecYeon sighed after he said that.

What?” I raised my eyebrows in disbelief.

I heard the girl is ugly,” TaecYeon continued.

What? What kind of parents would match their son with an ugly chick?” I commented.

Chick? Tch. Who said anything about a chick. She’s like in her like 20s,” TaecYeon said.

Huh?! Seriously?” This time, I really was surprised. “I thought those type of engagement extinct long time ago,” I said, somehow it sounded a little too sympathetic.

Well, proved they aren’t,” he flashed his smile to my face. I avoided his head.

Well, anyways, the weirdest thing is that he got matched up just because he comes home late. That’s just wow, like irritating,” I said to respond him as well as trying to avoid his gaze.

Yeah. So, uh,” I sensed the awkwardness is going to emerge again.

You can go home. Do your homework. Unless you want Mr. Park to yell at you,” I said randomly.

What, you’re going to chase me out?” I heard him said.

No no no no no. I was just, it’s night, and we’ve got homework, and,” I realised that I was acting out of place. Seriously, brain, body, next time, don’t embarass yourselves.

We could just do it together. Seems like you’re in trouble, too, right?” He said once again offering his smile to me.

Oh, no. I think my feet would collapse anytime soon.

End of WooYoung’s P.O.V.



And that's the end of this chapter. I'm planning to completely finish this fic with all my heart. Since this is my first story,I should, right? :D Tell me how you think of this chapter, but actually this doesn't get the story anywhere, but there will be progress on the next chapter, I assure you. :)