Back Home

Unpredictable Fate

Hello, my beloved readers, here's the new chapter. This chapter's purpose would be, uh, well, to develop their attitude towards each other, maybe? I don't know what I'm talking about. Just read it. Promise to update tonight or next morning. :D


 

Classroom – 10.45 AM

Good morning students,” Mr. Park greeted the class.

Morning, sir,” most of them replied unenthusiastically.

Okay, yesterday I gave you math problems for assignment, right?” Mr. Park confirmed.

Yes, sir,” most of them started to panic.

I want you to show them to me, NOW,” he stressed the last word.

!” WooYoung slapped his forehead as he forgot to do it.

Oh, my God, this isn’t funny. Did I just throw myself on the bed without doing it? I am so gonna get choked to death,’ WooYoung thought to himself.

Yoon Ji Ho, you punk!! Why didn’t you finish the last two number?!!” WooYoung sat up straight listening to Mr. Park’s barks.

Kids! I have told you so many times, that I don’t need the right answer! I just need the assignment to be finished, whether it’s right or wrong! Ah, this kids really pained my neck this early in the morning!” Mr. Park slammed that kid’s desk.

WooYoung gulped. He’s so dead. The teacher walked to each student and checked their homework. Everytime the teacher yelled, WooYoung was getting so nervous. His desk was empty, of course, since he didn’t do it. He regretted it much, now. If he could lure TaecYeon better last night, he had probably finished his work. Suddenly, the someone stood next to him.

Jang WooYoung, where’s your book?” The teacher said in an extremely calm tone.

I..” WooYoung tried to look at Mr. Park’s face.

PUT IT ON THE TABLE THIS INSTANCE!” He decided to burried his vision to the desk, as his hands struggling to open his messenger bag.

He took out his homework book and put it on the table. Mr. Park snatched it away almost after the book made contact to the table. WooYoung closed his eyes. He waited for the teacher’s roar. He knew for sure he’s gonna get scolded hard this time. But then, he heard nothing. He peeked with his right eye and found the teacher next to another student’s seat. He looked at his book in front of him. He quickly opened it and gape, astonished by what he saw.

How, how could this?’ He thought.

He examined the book once again and confirmed that it wasn’t his handwriting. Then, his right pants’ pocket vibrated. He took his phone out and saw a message notification. Immediately, he checked the message.

From: Jung TaecYeon

That costs you three wishes, WooYoung. J

With that message, his eyes gazed towards the spiky hair owner. He saw him smiling genuinely at him.

Wait, didn’t he refused to help last night?’ he thought to himself.

After the class ended, WooYoung decided to meet up with TaecYeon, but he wasn’t in class. He searched for him during breaks, but instead met up with Nicole and of course, IU. He was stucked with them and he was sure the girl would be really sad if he ignored her again. So, he spent the break with them instead. Nicole was annoying as she is usually, asking him about TaecYeon and TaecYeon. She’s so persistent. When he finally met him, the teacher already appeared in class, so WooYoung couldn’t have some time with him. As soon as the school ended, WooYoung quickly rushed to TaecYeon’s side and rest his hand on his table. TaecYeon, who was reading his novel, perked up, checking who actually had bothered him. Seeing WooYoung  before him made him smile.

What is it?” TaecYeon asked.

Tell me about it. I thought you said I should do it on my own,” WooYoung said still sensing something from the older guy

You slept without even thinking about the homework. And I can’t sleep last night, because I just can’t see something left undone. Especially when I know it’s from Mr. Park,” TaecYeon’s answer seemed to amused WooYoung.

Wow, so you’re a nerdy type, huh?” WooYoung made sure his tone sounded as humiliating as posible.

Not really. You should just say it,” TaecYeon coolly replied.

Say what?

Thank you. It wouldn’t hurt me if you say it,” TaecYeon once again flashes him with his picturesque smile.

Just spit it out. Three wishes, what are they? Tell me now!” WooYoung said annoyed with TaecYeon’s demand.

You’re so straight to the point. I like that,” TaecYeon rubbed his chin.

For starter, you can come home,” TaecYeon continued.

Well, that’s easy. I was planning to immediately go home, anyway,” WooYoung shrugged his shoulders.

Not your old house. Our house,” TaecYeon said emphasizing the word ‘our’.

What?! No!” WooYoung’s response was almost predictable.

Oh, really? Should I tell Mr. Park how you forced me to do it last night?” TaecYeon smirked.

Yah! I didn’t..” WooYoung’s eyes widened. “No, you didn’t. Did you just accused me of doing something I didn’t do?” WooYoung raised his voice, gaining the class’ attention. He noticed and immediately calmed down.

I sure was. Mr. Park wouldn’t like it, right? Should I tell you how it really hurts and humiliating when he spanked your ?” WooYoung totally imagined that.

N..no! Don’t!” He hated it when he had no choice. “Who is it this time?” WooYoung continued.

Hm?” TaecYeon seemed to not understand the topic.

Who asked you to bring me back home? Eomma? Appa?” WooYoung rubbed the back of his neck.

Nobody asked me to. I just want to, why?” TaecYeon answered honestly.

Tch.. stop playing with me,” WooYoung scoffed.

What, you don’t believe if I tell you I want you to go home? You don’t believe if I said that I missed my new brother?” TaecYeon rasied his brows.

Why would you miss me?”  WooYoung rolled his eyes.

Maybe because you’re sometimes a pain in the , or maybe because you often make me worry about you. Well, mostly because you made me worried, maybe, especially the way you’re living. If mom knows you skipped diner, I won’t even know what he would say or do,” TaecYeon narrowed his eyes.

Don’t you dare tell her. If you tell her, I promise you wouldn’t live a peaceful life,” he glared at the spiky-haired guy.

And you’ll be staying in my house until I say you’re okay to go,” TaecYeon added.

And why is that?” WooYoung was a bit taken aback.

Hey, my wish, my rule. No comment,” he complained.

Both of them quickly headed to their own cars. WooYoung, who had no other options, trailed behind TaecYeon’s car. He didn’t want to spend more time with TaecYeon. That would just make his case worse. No, he doesn’t want it. He saw the Jung’s Mansion from afar. He made a turn and entered the front gate, following TaecYeon. He saw the yard is filled with cars. He got out from the car and looked at TaecYeon who has the exact same confused expression as him.

What’s going on? Do they have a guest? I mean, we?” WooYoung asked.

I wasn’t informed, this morning, but those are Jung’s cars. And grandpa is present, along with YunHo and ChangMin,” he tilted his head pointing at the cars.

Ah, they probably have a family meeting regarding the company’s matters. I came at the wrong time, really,” WooYoung sighed.

Come on, they’re probably inside,” TaecYeon walked inside the front door, followed by WooYoung.

We’re home,” TaecYeon said.

Oh, TaecYeon, is that you?” he heard a familiar voice. The voice was deep and shaky. It was his grandfather, for sure.

Yes, grandpa,” TaecYeon appeared at the dining room, where everyone gathered. He bowed to everyone in the room.

Aigoo, come here, aigoo, look how big you are already,” Mr. Jung laughed happily.

Grandpa, you saw me not that long ago,” TaecYeon commented causing everyone burst into laughter.

Yes, I’m old already. Oh, yes, did you just come home from school? Look at you looking so handsome on that uniform,” he patted TaecYeon’s back. He was standing awkwardly next to his grandfather.

You reminded me when I was back in the old days. I was as good looking as you are,” he said.

Yes, sure, you do, grandpa~,” YunHo joked causing everyone, including his grandpa laughed contently.

Annyeonghaseyo,” WooYoung entered the dining room and bowed to them.

Oh, WooYoung? Don’t just stand there, come here!” Narsha motioned him to come closer.

Ah, WooYoung. Aigoo, did you come home with TaecYeon, just now?” the old Mr. Jung said excitedly.

Yes, grandpa. How have you been recently? Are you keeping your health well?” WooYoung asked politely.

Aigoo, now that I think of it, none of you had asked about my condition these passing weeks, even from my sons. I’m fine of course. Thanks to my beautiful caring daughter-in laws who visited me frequently. Both of you, sit. You must be exhausted from studying, right?” He chuckled.

Both of them sat down at the other side of the table, at the vacant seats.

We were talking about family matters, you can join,” their grandpa said.

Well, at least they’re not talking about business, since I’m from Jang group,’ he thought to himself that it would be awkward.

So, ChangMin, resume your earlier talk,” Grandpa asked him.

Ah, yes, so the whole day, I ended up doing all the chores and YunHo-hyung doesn’t even bother to help. He’s too busy with his friends that he left me with all of those dirty laundries. But since he’s not even bothering me, I just do my laundry. The next day, he got crazy since he had no clothes to wear,” ChangMin snorted. The elders seemed to be very amused with the story.

Yah, is that the right way to treat your hyung?” YunHo knocked the younger’s head playfully.

Eomma, you should let him do all the laundry by himself. Don’t let the maids do it for him. He had become too lazy,” ChangMin looked at his mother.

I think I should, right?” hearing his mother’s response, YunHo whined.

Oh, Grandpa! I think we should plan a family trip sometimes,” TaecYeon suddenly said.

Ah! Absolutely! But I think it’s best to plan it first right? And that also depends on your dads’ work, too,” Grandpa said.

I think I, JiHoon and JiHo wouldn’t mind to go around the end of the month. That’s around Easter right? So, yeah, since we haven’t been in one for so long,” YunHo’s dad spoke.

That’ll be great. And since Daehyun will return from the exchange program, and will be back for school,” another man who looked as old as JiHoon spoke up. WooYoung’s eyes averted to the foreign man’s face. He didn’t noticed someone was actually there, someone he hadn’t met yet.

That’s my youngest uncle,” TaecYeon whispered to WooYoung’s ear. WooYoung nodded his head.

Oh, thank goodness. I was missing him so much. This old man really wants to see his maknae grandson so much,” Grandpa’s face brightened up.

Is he going to be back at his old school?” YunHo asked.

Yes. That means you should take a good care of him again, TaecYeon-ah,” his uncle said.

Of course, samchon. Daehyun is a nice kid. There wouldn’t be difficulties,” TaecYeon answered sincerely.

Samchon, tell me when he’s getting home. I’ll pick him up on the airport. I missed my cute little dongsaeng,” YunHo said happily. ChangMin glared at him furiously.

Hahaha, I don’t think that would be a good idea,” WooYoung histerically laughed. The whole eyes watched him. TaecYeon nudged him before he finally aware of the situation.

I.. I mean, he’s probably gonna be busy with work, right, hyung?” WooYoung sent his signal to YunHo.

Errr, yeah, I guess,” YunHo answered a little bit unsure himself.

Oh, then why don’t you boys pick him up. That would be a good option, especially WooYoung never met him before, right?” Daehyun’s dad suggested.

No, he had met him once, but that time, they’re still small and they barely introduce themselves to each other, honey,” Daehyun’s mom replied.

I did?” WooYoung asked surprised himself.

Yes, honey, it’s on your birthday party, but you’re just 12, so I bet you won’t even remember who you’re meeting that day, right?” Narsha told him.

Ah~ I see. So, we’ll pick him up, I guess?” WooYoung looked at TaecYeon.

Uh, yes, of course. They sure need a lot to catch up,” TaecYeon came up with good response, luckily.

Now, about the trip..” Grandpa continued with his plans and suggestions, which of course seemed a little, no, not a little, much too old fashioned, to which the parents laughed at, and the children could just imagined how boring the trip could be.

Living Room – 8PM

Honey, I’m so glad you came here, did come here because you miss me?” Narsha glued to WooYoung almost immediately as WooYoung came out of his room.

Yes, of course I do, mom. And of course, your super delicious food,” he answered honestly, though the real reason wasn’t actually because of that.

Did you come here because I didn’t send any food for the last 3 days?” Narsha asked worriedly.

No, TaecYeon told me that you’re too busy handling business nowadays. It’s okay,” he replied with a very cute smile.

I’ll get the diner served then, while you go watch something or do anything else,” Narsha left for the kitchen after that.

WooYoung entered TaecYeon’s room. The older one was busy reading some novel. It had the same cover with the one he was reading this afternoon. He seemed so focus that WooYoung find it cute. He snatched the book from TaecYeon and looked around the cover.

Put those records on,” WooYoung mumbled the title the cover had.

Yes, this one has a good storyline. I love it,” TaecYeon smiled cheekily at WooYoung’s sudden appearance.

This one? You read another? Wow, you sure seemed to enjoy reading this, huh?” WooYoung asked, but he clearly remember Junho had told him that he likes reading novels, even when the teachers doing their work.

Yes, it’s really refreshing,” TaecYeon sighed.

Okay, so, you’ve got two more wish for me to grant. What would they be?” WooYoung asked to the point.

No, not so fast. I’ll tell you later,” he grinned at WooYoung.

WooYoung sighed. “Alright. So, this Daehyun of yours. What is he like?” WooYoung asked randomly.

Oh, you’ll love him. He’s so funny and cute. He’s so kind, especially to the elderies,” TaecYeon sighed.

Okay, you seemed to be really happy to meet him again?” WooYoung showed his jealousy clearly when he pouted his chubby cheeks.

Of course, he’s my younger cousin, anyway?” TaecYeon replied coolly.

Right, let’s eat. Mom said she’s setting the diner. I’m hungry,” WooYoung threw TaecYeon’s novel to him. TaecYeon missed it and the novel landed on his face.

Ouch!” TaecYeon grunted. “What was that for?

The night ended with them chatting with the whole family. JiHoon and Narsha would bombarded WooYoung with questions about this and that. Good thing TaecYeon noticed how irritated WooYoung looked and dragged him to bed with excuses like they’re going to have a class tomorrow. But Narsha just responded with her ‘I know you’re just sick of me, son’ look.

Bedroom – 6AM

WooYoung was sleeping very comfortable, despite being in another person’s bed.

Wake up, wake up you lazy giant,” WooYoung frowned, eyes still closed when he heard the voice. It’s not TaecYeon’s voice. Not even his mom or dad. But it sounds familiar. He heard that voice somewhere.

TaecYeonnie, wake up. Wake up, wake up you lazy giant,” he heard the voice repeated.

Hm?” His eyes fluttered opened, looking around to see the owner of the voice. But to his appeal, no one’s around.

TaecYeonnie, wake up. Wake up, wake up you lazy giant,” he froze. The voice’s still there, repeating his words. He examined the room.

Is this some kind of joke or is this thing real?’ he thought as he grabbed his cover up to his nose, only his eyes were visible.

Who the hell are you?!” he screamed.


Okay, so, if you actually knows what's happening, that means you still remember everything well, if not, then, go read again. LOL Comments are loved. :D