SIX

To Be Or Not To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He stood over the kitchen counter with his phone wedged in between his ear and left shoulder. His right hand be trying to make edible food for him as his parents left him for shopping. The two oldies are still in the phase of dating even when Johnny is there, turning to a 26 years old 6 foot tall man, yet the two oldies are living their life, honeymooning. 

"I'm making my brunch, you ! You should've notify that earlier." He's making sure to spite at his bestfriend when he abruptly call, asking for a lunch together. 

"Oh Johnny. You cursing is very y and all but come on. It's been a while!" Yuta on the other line is coaxing him for a lunch. Johnny rolled his eyes. 

"I just moved. Come to my house tommorrow. Bring them too. I will..-" His words cut short when the door bell rang. 

"I'll call you back. I have a guest." 

He run to the door thinking it must be his car arriving but dissapointed when he didn't see his car in the garage. He stare at the figure by the door, wearing black from head to toe, back facing him. Who is this person? The person look really small and his brain racking on if he knows anyone this small except for Taeil. 

"I'm sorry but you are...?" The figure seems surprised to hear his voice ask their shoulder flinched and slowly turn around. 

His frown switched to an unblinking stare. He stare at the face intently. A face that had his brain seems to stop functioning at the thought of her. 

"Angel?" He's not sure why he call her that back yesterday but he thinks he know now. 

"Uhhh..." Jungchae stood by the door awkwardly. 

"Where's your twin brother?"

Yes. Jungchae wanted to ask that too? Where the hell is Yoon Jeonghan after his sweet sugary talk last night of meeting their neighbour? Did he just ditch her when he told her that he's over their new neighbour? Jeonghan can be an when he wanted to be.

"Umm..." 

Johnny let out a chuckle when she can't even form a sentences. He already expect that when Jeonghan said she is a ball of black colour. 

"Just call me Johnny. Why are you here, angel?" Despite him knowing her name, he find it easier calling her that. And Jungchae never feel like calling him out for that. 

"My brother wants to see you!" That end up from . 

Johnny raise his brows. "Not a good liar, I see." Johnny is quick to notice that. Jungchae has her head down, swearing in her mind. 

"It's okay though. But where is he, for real?" 

"I'm here!" Speak of the devil, Jungchae felt so relieved when she heard his voice. She run to stand behind Jeonghan. 

"I'm sorry! I just had to take something from my friend." 

Jungchae hide behind Jeonghan. She's comfortable like that. She finally take a good look of the man called Johnny. She didn't see it yesterday but he is such a good looking man. Not the type you would call the pretty boy, like Jeonghan. He's a handsome and manly one, not that her brother is less of a manly man. Maybe she observe well too because his body is pretty muscular. Johnny is really tall and standing there, in front of him made her felt like a dwarf. He gives off such a y vibe, if that is appropriate word to use on him.

"Maybe we can have a lunch together." 

"Sure, why not?" Johnny end up saying when he just rejected Yuta for a lunch over his phone.

Well, Yuta didn't have a sister that I wanted to know more. He's proud of his highschool level excuse.

Jungchae frown at her brother. She pull the back of his shirt. 

"Why are you saying that? We're not having a lunch with him!" 

"Who said you're going with us?" Jeonghan really like to tease his twin. 

"Then, who's gonna eat with me?" Jungchae looks to their house and she didn't feel like eating with their parents after last night. 

"Eat alone then." Jeonghan is having fun poking his twin and Johnny grinned at the sight of the twin bickering. 

"Then, I should have my lunch with Joshua." Jungchae didn't see how Jeonghan snap his head towards her downtrodden face. And Jeonghan closed his eyes for a few second, taking a deep breathe.

Jungchae is such a dense one.

"I should return to work then." 

--

And that was how Jungchae end up sitting in between Johnny and Jeonghan, in one of the restaurant in town. Johnny is ordering their food on the counter when Jeonghan spout his riddiculous reasoning to her. 

"You can't eat with just anyone, Chae." Jeonghan scowled. 

"But Joshua is not just anyone. He's your bestfriend, wasn't he?" 

Apparently, Jeonghan wasn't thrilled with the idea of Jungchae going back to work and having lunch with Joshua. Jungchae thought that Jeonghan meant it that he didn't want to have her over their lunch, and she end up here, sitting between the two. 

"And risk him to be with you in the process? Not a chance sweetheart. My sister deserve better. Joshua is not a bad man but I didn't want him for you. Apparently my standard is too high." Jeonghan grinned. 

"I'm not a kid, Han. This is my life we're talking about. How do you know who's good and not for me?" Jungchae didn't feel like agreeing with her brother. 

"I just do, Chae. I am not your twin for nothing." Jeonghan pinch her cheek. Jungchae swat his hand away when Johnny return to their seat with a tray in both of his hands. 

"Angel, help me with this." 

Jeonghan heard the name but he's yet to call him out. Not in front of Jungchae. Maybe later. 

While Jungchae just awkwardly took one of the tray and arrange their food on the table. Jungchae felt awkward sitting in t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter