TWENTY-EIGHT

To Be Or Not To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Listen to this masterpiece 💕 

Suddenly - Kim Bo Kyung (OST City Hunter)

 

There's only two types of people in the world. 

The one that entertain, and the one that observe. 

And that currently applied to Yuta, Jaehyun, Taeil and Kun. While Johnny and Jungchae sitting awkwardly in front of them in the cafe that Jungchae worked in, waiting for Jeonghan. 

"I thought you are sick but I didn't know that you actually be snatching woman." Yuta groan. 

The memories of them entering Johnny's apartment with the latter standing in between Jungchae's legs over the kitchen counter, amidst making out is stressing him. 

A memory that Kun tried to erase from his head. He knew that's gonna happen but he didn't expect that to happen right before his eyes.

"You looks like beaten to death this morning and the afternoon you suddenly go boom. You surely keep swcrets from is now." Taeil glare at the giant who now made a face. 

"Well, it's not a secret now. Stop being overdramatic." He rolled his eyes when the shorter one muttered a small string of curse. 

His hands found Jungchae's hands under the table which Jungchae had tried so hard to avoid as she purposely hold her drinks, even tying her hair longer than it supposed to. But Johnny ain't having it as he openly hold her hands as Yuta scoffed. 

"Try to tone it down will you? Stop making us feel single here." 

"You guys are single?" That one curious question got Kun laughing and the trio froze in their spot as Jungchae stare at the trio curiously. 

"These three is. I am not that much of a single." Kun said, sipping on his drink, making the trio and Johnny turn to him. 

"Wait! You have a girlfriend?" Yuta look dumbstrucked as to why he didn't know his bestfriend has a girlfriend. 

Kun rolled his eyes. "You guys like making things big, aren't you?" 

"Of course! We all thought you like Jungchae!" Jaehyun widened his eyes. 

"Why would I? Jungchae is indeed special, but I'm not liking her that way. Am I right, dear?" Kun look over the shy Jungchae. She's not used of people talking about her like this. 

"Who is she?" Yuta asked curiously. 

"Just pray it's not your sister!" Jaehyun quipped from the side, making Yuta glare at the latter as the young one grinning evilly. 

The trio and Kun had been worried about Johnny since the morning and decide that it's a good idea to surprise him with a break that evening but instead, they're the surprised one. 

The bell to the cafe being pushed open as their heads turned over, to see Jeonghan coming in. 

"Hey sweetheart." Jeonghan opened his arms wide as Jungchae stood and hug her twin. 

He rocked her back and forth in his arms and patting her back slowly. Jungchae muttered Hannie here and there over their hug. Jeonghan know. She missed him, even when they constantly together. It's a thing that he always understand. She's too used of having him around, that not seeing Jeonghan for a day felt like a week to her. 

"You should really stop doing that! People could be mistaken that she's two timing her boyfriend at this rate!" Joshua storm out from the kitchen with a nasty looks on his face. 

"She's my twin, idiot. Our face is literally copy pasted, no one would mistaken." Jeonghan threw a jab when Joshua gave the former a middle finger. 

"How's your day?" Jeonghan is careful, not to say anything yet. 

Jeonghan had long knows that Johnny and Jungchae are gonna be a thing. When Kun told him that back then, he's amused, but not surprised. Johnny also had told him that he likes Jungchae, it's nothing much to be surprised. But what surprised him was Jungchae actually allowed it to happen. Or is she? 

"Good. A bit of pain here and there but everything's good." Jungchae inhale his brother's scent that had a tint of smoke on him. "I miss you." 

Jeonghan laughed when she said that. "You saw me this morning, sweetheart. What are you missing me for?" 

"I feel like I miss you more these days. I just feel like I'm gonna lose you." Her hug tightened over his waist as Jeonghan carress her head softly. 

"I'm not going anywhere, sweetheart. It's okay. I'll always be here. You have nothing to worry." 

While Kun and the trio observe from the side, Kun took out his notebook and scribble something on it. Kun had been observing them ever since Jeonghan came in. His curious friends lean over to see what he wrote. 

"Why? Is it bad?" Jaehyun asked as he saw what Kun wrote. 

Dependant.

"She did a lot better than before but she still too depending on her brother. Actually that's worrying." Kun said as he fix his glasses. 

"That's only because he's her brother, wasn't it?" Johnny asked. 

There's no good reason other than that, right? Johnny didn't actually think that Jungchae is that dependant. Considering that Jungchae open up to him. 

"Johnny, she's too used of having her brother around and I'm afraid she can't let go. I was trying to separate them, a little bit. I told Jeonghan about this and we're trying to make her not see him that much. You saw how she go to him right away just now? Her body language say. She always need him by his side so we tried to separate them." 

"Then, what are you going to do?" Johnny look over Jungchae who had yet to let go of Jeonghan. 

"I'm thinking of making them fight." Johnny, Yuta, Jaehyun and Taeil widened their eyes as they face their psychiatrist friends. 

"Will that work?" Taeil frowned as he didn't think that would work. 

"I don't really know what happen but I think that's not gonna work." Jaehyun also didn't think that would work because Jungchae seems too passive to actually fight with Jeonghan. 

"Are you gonna say it's not gonna work too?" Kun turn to Yuta who seems lost. 

"A little bit far fetched. How are you gonna make that happen? She's too close with her twin that I don't think she will be fine if they fight. A little bit dangerous for someone like her, wasn't it?" 

Kun had to give it that despite Yuta act like an idiot most of the time but when he say something, he think through and through. He's quite playful and people won't believe it if Yuta said he's a Literature major in university. 

"That's exactly what we want to do. Do the dangerous things for her. She has this things in her that always told her to not get hurt. She's too careful and didn't want to get hurt. To make her not too dependant on Jeonghan, we're gonna make Jeonghan hurt her. Sounds a little bit too extreme but this is what I do to fix people." 

Kun fix his glasses once again when he look over the silent Johnny. His friend seems to be in a deep thought. He nudged his elbow to Johnny, as Johnny snapped out of his trance. 

"What are you thinking?" 

"Do what you think right. But give me a warning. I want to be there for her." 

That made the trio and Kun wooing and teasing him, which Johnny paid no attention to. His mind is thinking about the woman that is in his twin's arms at the moment. 

She will be fine. I'm sure of it. 

-- 

Jeonghan had been holed in his room ever since they came back from the cafe. And Jungchae hadn't heard him say anything. She didn't dare to say anything because he didn't look good good too. He almost looks...mad? 

Jungchae was in the kitchen when Jeonghan came out, shirtless making Jungchae groaned. 

"Ah...I know man can do whatever they want with their body but please, wear shirt for sake!" 

Jeonghan cackled when he heard how the timid Jungchae is cursing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter