THIRTY-ONE

To Be Or Not To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungchae was always a coward. She had never been this brave before and the sole reason that she is here, standing in front of the place that she used to call home is for the reason that she wanted to stand up, even if it for once. She wanted to feel how much will it worth to feel that brave. 

"Angel..." 

His voice snapped her into reality. Jungchae turn around, looking at her boyfriend. Literally the one that she had never thought she would have. And someone that she had never said her I love you's to, simply because she's too afraid to say it. 

If she were to describe how much she is grateful that Johnny is standing with her in front of that house right now, words can't describe it. 

Johnny may not be there with her since Day 1. But she notice that he had been there, ever since he met her. She faced him. For the first time, she brave herself to hold his hands, which Johnny is quick to hold it back. She look up to him, staring straight into his eyes. 

"Do me a favor, please." Johnny chuckled as he pulled her close. 

"What is it, angel?" He fix her hair behind her ears. 

"Tell me you love me." 

Johnny could feel how his heart beat is increasing. Even after how many kisses, and the confession that he had told her, his heart is still doing those around her. Simply for listening to her voice, looking at her face, and having her in his arms. 

"I love y-..." 

He didn't get to finish his sentence when Jungchae tiptoe and kiss him, right on his lips. Before he could even replied to the kiss, she had pulled away with a faint blush and a shy smile and he stilled when she said it. 

"I love you, too." 

Albeit the shy confession, Jungchae can't stop looking at him. She started to feel awkward standing in front of him after the little stunt she did and was about to walk inside when her body is being pulled into his arms. 

"You don't know how much I actually love you. I was always so curious about you months ago. And today, here you are, standing in front of me, saying that you love me too. Angel, I'm willing to wait even years to hear it from you. But as for now..." Johnny pulled away as he stare into her eyes. 

The very eyes that telling him stories that she didn't have to tell for him to know. 

"...you need the love for yourself." 

Such a words coming from him made her tear up. How is there a human other than Jeonghan sounded this beautiful and this considerate? She always think that she would never meet anyone as close as Jeonghan. Hoping for someone who is that considerate to love you enough is such a dream come true. 

"Will you come with me?" Jungchae held her hands out for him and he didn't evwn hesitate to hold it. 

"Whenever you need me, angel." 

-- 

"You need to relax or you will burn a hole in my kitchen." Joshua rolled her eyes as Jeonghan can't stop shaking his legs on the chair. 

"How can I relax when she's going home without me? And that monster is there! Do you know the possibilities of another bad thing to happen is very high there?" 

Jungchae had text him, saying that she's going to meet their parents, and telling him not to interfere. She's only telling him that Johnny is there so he didn't get too worried but he just can't help himself. The moment she told him that, he act like he's gonna die if he didn't see her any minutes now. 

Joshua sigh as he walk over to Jeonghan and massage the latter's shoulder lightly. Jeonghan can feel his tense muscle unknotted despite his heart drumming fast. 

"I know but you need to relax. Don't you trust Johnny enough?" 

That made Jeonghan stilled. He somehow is too worried about his twin sister that he forgot, Johnny, literally the man that his sister trust enough is there with her. It wouldn't be only her who trust Johnny. 

Because Johnny is probably the only guy that he actually could trust with his twin sister. 

"I can't seems to let her go. It seems like it's just yesterday that my baby sister is that fragile. And today, she's trying to stand up for herself." 

Joshua took a seat in front of Jeonghan. He had known these twins ever since highschool and he knows every single thing that happen in their life. He knew what happened to Jungchae, and he know how much Jeonghan loves his twin sister. He was always the first one Jeonghan turn to whenever things happened. 

They share half of their life together and at some point, people would say that they're such a handsome twins, which amuse them a lot back then. They look too similar to each other and people would say Jungchae is their youngest sister whenever they walk together. He's always so hapoy whenever he is with the two. 

Despite Jungchae was a little bit too silent, they clique well. Jeonghan always said how he didn't trust Joshua for Jungchae but in all things, Joshua was the first person that Jeonghan always had in mind whenever he need to handle 'things' that involve Jungchae's wellbeing. 

"Do you remember the one time that Chae wanted to jump off the building?" 

"Hard to forget. Why? You wanted to jump too?" Jeonghan sassed and Joshua kicked his chair. 

"You ruin my mood to tell you stories, idiot!" Jeonghan just cackled evilly. 

"But why you ask?" 

"I remember watching you putting the plaster on her knees. And fixing her bruise. You know what I had in mind back then?" Joshua look at Jeonghan with a smile. 

"I wanted to have a brother like you. I wanted to have a brother who would love me like how you love Jungchae. And I think, you are the brother that I had never had. Being an only child is lonely, you know. I only have my friends for me to feel close enough as brothers." 

Jeonghan open the canned beer in front of him and hand it over to Joshua before opening another one for himself. He raise it to make a toast with Joshua. 

"To the brother from another mother." Jeonghan said as he smiled at the laughing Joshua. 

"To the brother that I never think as my brother." 

"Hey!" Jeonghan scowled as they laugh together. 

It's been a while. They hardly meet nowadays. But when they do, it's whole night to tell. 

-- 

"Jungchae? What are you doing here, sweetheart? Why are you coming here? What happened?" 

Jungchae wanted to cry at how much her mom sounded so worried. She always know that her mom loves her no less than Jeonghan. But the situation got messy since earlier and that made her thinks that her mom was doing this out of pity. And the way that her mom said that made Jungchae think. 

How much did her mom loves her, care for her that she's willing to hold on to Jungchae and protect her from her father? 

"Mom..." Hug me, she wished it was that easy to say it. 

But in a very much magical way, her mom slowly wrapoed her arms around her lean figure. Johnny was watching from behind and he could see that her mom is a very different person. He never really see her mom that much but at a glance, he knew that her mom is a very lovely woman. A strict Asian mom but the kind that you would always brag about. 

"It's okay. It's fine. We are good." 

That little words got Jungchae's body, shaking, trying to hold her tears in. She had never cried in front of her mom and this is crazy. She didn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter