NINETEEN

To Be Or Not To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungchae sat in front of Kun. The seat had been her frequent favourite lately. Kun give her a quiet stare. 

"So, how's my present?" Kun finally smile when She manage to give him a small smile. 

"You really are something else." Jungchae shook her head. 

Kun chuckled at that. "What can I say? I see too many people everyday." 

"I have another curious question." 

"Shoot." Kun grab the small tea pot on his table and pour a drink in the small cup. 

"How can you smile like that everyday?"

The question made Kun froze halfway into pouring another cup. His hold slackened a bit but he manage to hold himself and turn to her with a smile. He put a cup in front of her. 

"You are a ball off curiousity, aren't you? Jeonghan seems to forgot giving me that heads up." He smiled and laced his fingers together and lean over his chair. 

"Chae, you are not the only one broken in this world." His body relaxing itself as he took on deep breath. 

"So, what's your story?" Jungchae carefully asked. 

Everyone has a story, didn't they? 

"I thought this is your session, not mine." Kun teased the girl. 

"That's if you are willing to share." Jungchae had her eyes on Kun, which the latter notice, she hardly do. A quite delightful changes. 

"Let's do this. I tell you mine, and you tell me yours. How about that?" Kun sat straight and lean over his desk. 

-- 

"I was bullied during my highschool years. You could say, I'm pretty nerdy but I don't regret it. I got beaten by some kids, but I believe, it will be over once I start university. My first year in university is going well. I did very well. But my second year was where it started to get worse. I was stressed out and I don't have any friends. I hit few kids because I was reminded by the memories of me being bullied. My third year was when I met Yuta. He was my roommates. He didn't acknowledge me at first but he found me hitting myself one night, with a hammer. I tried to hit my head with a hammer and Yuta was quick. He soothe me down and that was my biggest breakdown. I cried in his arms with him calling his friends, namely Johnny, Taeil and Jaehyun, asking for help." 

Kun finally took a deep breath and smiled, again. The memories was bad but he took courage to tell her his story. He remember everything but it felt nostalgic rather than pain right now. A little regret but he didn't care. It's in the past. 

"They helped me a lot, going through it all. My parents isn't here so it was really hard. Yuta help me meeting a doctor and it help. They gave me a lot of support especially Johnny. He kinda panicked the night they saw me breaking down. And now, after all of that 8 years ago, I am smiling in front of you. In case you still didn't understand how can I smile like this everyday, I have friends that is always there for me, even in my hardest time. I have them to be with me when I thought I have no one. Chae, I understand everything that you are feeling. And Chae, I was you in the past." 

His hushed sentences got Jungchae stilled in her seat. She never expect that someone as smiley as Kun, hide something that is very painful to hear. Her heart stricken at every words that he speak. How he understand what she feel and she had been pompously telling him that he didn't understand. 

Kun stand up and walk in front of her. He grab the side of her chair and crouch down. He look up, watching her teary eyes. He's getting closer to ruin that wall in her head. 

"And that's why I wanted you to speak, Chae. I want to help you. I wanted to see you smile, like I do. I broke down with a friend around me who were very willing to help. I am here, not as your doctor, Chae. I am a friend who's willing to help." 

-- 

"My..." her words halted there. She hesitate a bit. 

"We have all time in the world. It's alright even if you tell me the few pieces that you wanted to say." Kun is surprisingly so relaxed and how she wished to have that kind of personality. 

Jungchae took a deep breath and d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter