THREE

To Be Or Not To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungchae woke up the next morning feeling exhausted, for no reason. Her body works on auto-pilot as she did her bed, shower and get ready for work. When she go down to the kitchen, her mom is there on the sink. She look at her mom and carefully step closer. Her hand shot out, trying to touch her mom but stopped in her track. 

"Your dad isn't awake yet. Eat some breakfast. You didn't eat last night." Her mom silently said. 

"I didn't feel like it..." she quietly answer. 

"Jeonghan didn't like it when you do that. And I also didn't like that. Have a seat and eat your breakfast. Jeonghan is outside, throwing the trash." 

Her mom sounds cold but she know, her mom didn't want her to worry. Her mom has been always on the edge whenever the topic about her dad's hatred towards her came up. She didn't want to hurt Jungchae more than what Jungchae already knows.

She wanted Jungchae to live not knowing that fact but unfortunately, it was revealed to her when she was only half of her 26. Jungchae was too young when she was told about it. Her husband didn't even give her time to get ready on how to speak to the 13 years old Jungchae. 

Sure. Jungchae was young but she acclimate and understand things really fast. She was beyond mature for her age. And for that reason, Jeonghan was really furious to their dad for that. 

"Hey Chae, there's a new family moving here." Jeonghan come inside with his grey jogger tracksuit. 

"Not interested." Jungchae sit over the table while eating her breakfast. 

Jeonghan follow suit, sitting beside her. He softly carres her tied up hair and eat his breakfast. Their mom just watching from the side and she can't stop being thankful on how much love her son has been giving to his twin. She love how Jeonghan is so so reliable to Jungchae that it scare her. What will happen to Jungchae is Jeonghan isn't around? 

"Mom, I'm going to work. I might be late so don't wait up." Jungchae said as she walk out the door with Jeonghan. 

Jeonghan usually drive her to work so them going to work together is pretty much a normal sight, except Jungchae tried not to always been seen around Jeonghan. 

"I think I can walk alone to the cafe. You can stop making me like a toddler who just learn to walk, Han." Jungchae push him away when he wanted to hug her, like he always did. 

"Oh wow! Would you look at that? Yoon Jungchae finally push Yoon Jeonghan away." Jeonghan playfully said. 

"Oh shut up, will you? For godsake, we're the same age, Han. We're twins in case you forgot that." Jungchae stressed the sentences. Jeonghan folds his arms, staring at his twin. 

"Chae, I will let you walk alone, if that's what you want. But never for once, think that I will let you be alone." Jungchae smile at the doubled words. 

"I know you will always be with me but now, let me learn how to walk alone, Han. I might need to run when I didn't have you." 

It's only 3PM and Jungchae feel beyond exhausted. Her colleagues are sitting on the other table with their groupie. She can't wait to finish her shift at 5, and be back home. She was sure her colleagues are either badmouthing her or gossiping about her. She didn't talk much during her work time and she didn't really befriend her co-worker. 

"Tired?" A cup of iced coffee is placed in front of her. 

She look up to her manager, looking down t her, smiling. She can only nod. 

"Why didn't you seat with them?" He took a seat in front of her, sipping his drinks. 

"I prefer to be alone." 

"Chae, we w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter