TWENTY-NINE

To Be Or Not To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Being introvert, it is known that they're gonna be a lot shyer and uncomfortable in a noisy surrounding. Jungchae is no extrovert, and not even fond of skinship. So when the next day came, Jungchae wanted to combust by the door when Johnny came knocking, attacking her with a few peck on her lips, and a hug, much to her displeased. While her, trying to keep track of her sanity and sleepiness. She still trying to adjust when she is pulled back inside in his hug. 

"Wake up, baby. It's 7. Wanna have a date, baby?" 

Jungchae is still deprived from sleep, almost lulled back to sleep in Johnny's arms. His palm soothingly rubbing her back which he chuckled watching her eyes closing, breathing evenly, when he kiss her temple softly. 

"Come on, baby. Wake up. You said Jeonghan was sick last night." 

At the mention of last night, Jungchae groaned and bury her face in his chest. The very chest that she bit last night. She's trying to be thick skinned but her red face is betraying everything. 

"You can check on him without coming to me this early, wasn't you?" Her sleepy voice making Johnny laugh. 

Jungchae tried to push Johnny away, which made Johnny tighten his hug on her waist. 

"Well, I gotta give my girlfriend a morning kiss first. Her twin is my second priority." 

Johnny finally let her go when she look up, glaring from his chest, muttering something like stupid . But not before giving her temple a hard kiss before really letting go and goes to Jeonghan's room. 

"Just why..." Jungchae closed her eyes, frustratedly pissed in her sleepiness. 

-- 

"Someone told me you're sick. Seems like she's not entirely wrong." Johnny said as he leaned over Jeonghan's mini table. 

"I'm not sick. A little burn out. She's a little bit tad too worried. Exaggerating." Jeonghan rolled his eyes as he slouched over his headboard. 

"Is she okay with everything that you two are now? Asked her yesterday. She seems confused. You didn't warn her beforehand, don't you?" Jeonghan took a guess and Johnny chuckled, having his gaze over Jeonghan's PC. 

"I like flustering her. She's different from any woman I've dated before." 

"I know to that extend. You and I, ain't no much difference. It's funny how we met each other through her." Jeonghan smile at the thought. 

Month's ago, Jeonghan had never thought that he's gonna meet another version of him. Except he's crazier and an extrovert version of him. And much taller, much to his jealousy. Johnny isn't someone that felt unfamiliar to him. Even from the very first time, he felt like an old friend. They clique well. Through the incident of his twin, he got to have another friend that he could actually trust with his sister. 

"You know what? I never trust anyone to be with Jungchae. Hell, I didn't even trust Joshua with her. Wanna know why? Chae had gone through so much that I never wanted her to cry for any other man after one. She can cry all she wanted in front of me, in my arm and I promise myself that she have all of me, no matter what." 

Johnny just stare at the male who look dazed, staring at the wall. The silence is in the room didn't feel awkward. Calming, but with a hint of nostalgic as he sense a scented candle smell from the other side of his room. 

"I told myself to never hurt her. Don't make her cry. Give her all the love that I could give with every breath that I took. I promise myself that I will always be there for her and didn't trust any people with her. I didn't realize that she somehow lose herself because of me." 

His last sentence made Johnny fold his arm, finally realizing where does this heavy talk early in the morning came from. 

"Kun told me. Will you really do that?" 

Jeonghan lift his head, staring at Johnny. "Can you promise me that you will be there for her?" 

"I never really told you that I love her, right?" Jeonghan furrow his eyebrows. 

"It would come as a surprise that you didn't know how much I love her. Despite me keep saying I like her, my feelings for her is beyond that. I told myself the second time I save her over the bridge. That losing her will be my biggest regret and nightmare. I might never move on from her." 

Jeonghan can only stare at Johnny. That guy had always been there with them ever since he met them. He appreciate how much Johnny care about Jungchae and always be there for him to talk. Johnny is like Joshua in some sense. They talk heavy stuff and listen to others. They don't give a snarky comments in between. That's what makes them comfortable to talk to. 

"I wanted to disagree at the way Kun wanted me to do this actually. I can never do this. She didn't trust anyone except me. So how can I do that? Hurting her means I had to broke her trust that she build years." Jeonghan frustratedly grip his hair with Johnny giving a worried look. 

"I think you should talk about it again with Kun. Don't be pressured and stress yourself because of that. Don't worry about her. I'll be here. Get some rest. I'm harassing my girlfriend." 

Jeonghan rolled his eyes as Johnny playfully wiggled his eyebrows, walking to the door. Chuckling when he heard Johnny yelling baby to his twin. 

As the door closed, he muttered, "Thanks, Suh." 

-- 

Jungchae is avoiding Johnny, although it is off no use especially they are in the same space. Jungchae is making her breakfast when Johnny came over, backhugging her. 

"Won't you get off? You want me to chop your hands off and fry you like this meat?" 

Johnny are not even scared but tightened his hold on her waist even more. He have his chin on her shoulder, taking a deep breath, breathing in her scent that he had trouble shooing away. 

Jungchae, was never that talkative but with Johnny around, she found herself spouting nonsense to chase away her nervousness. Her thought being trampled off when she felt something planted over the side of her neck. She dare not looking because she's sure as hell, that ain't no hands! 

"Angel..." 

That

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter