SIXTEEN

To Be Or Not To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungchae was ready to clock out that evening when she got someone waiting for her outside the cafe. She didn't want to be too observant but the way he lean over his car is making her eyes stay over that figure. 

"I wasn't expecting this." Jungchae walk over to the said man. 

"Oh come on, angel. I won't be here if it's not for your twin brother who make me his slave." 

Jungchae feel a little dissapointed that he's only here because Jeonghan asked him too. She look over her feet, playing with her shoes. She tried not to think about it. 

"Why are you here?" She asked, short and Johnny noticed she sounded a bit distant. 

"Jeonghan asked me to fetch you. He didn't want you to walk. Let's bring you to Jeonghan." He opened the door for her but she kinda hesitated. 

"Can we go somewhere first?" Its as if she's bargaining. 

"Come in first." Johnny is persistent, and she really hate how much he resembles Jeonghan. Why did she have to meet another version of Jeonghan? 

"So, will you?" If he's persistent, she can be steel headed, too. 

"It depends." He said as he tilt his head to the side, urging her to enter his car. 

Jungchae finally enter the car and she fished out her phone. The door from the side open, Johnny came in. 

"I want to see Qian."  

To that, Johnny froze in his seat , with his hands mid-air trying to put on his seatbelt. He didn't see that coming. 

"Why do you want to meet him? He might have come home this time." 

Johnny know that Kun is her doctor but he can't help feeling weird. Kun might be only a doctor in her eyes but who knows how Kun is actually seeing her. 

"He's still in his office. I told him I'm coming to him." 

And that words made Johnny felt like she's gonna confess to Kun. He knows he didn't make sense to think of Kun like that. 

"I kinda jealous that you reach to Kun more than me." He playfully revealed some of his feelings to her. 

"He's my doctor. He knows my condition more than anyone."

Apparently Jungchae didn't catch his jealousy, which Johnny finally regret. He almost blew it and it's better like this. She might be further of his reach if he said it. 

"Then, let's send you to the mental doctor." 

Johnny didn't want to believe his eyes and ears but it's mesmerizing. He had never seen her looking like that before. The most he got was her dimples whenever she smile. But right now is like a magic. 

Jungchae is laughing, in front of him. 

-- 

"Honey honey honey lit the fire~~." 

Kun was standing over the entrance when he sang cheekily, making Jungchae shook her head with a smile. While Johnny giving his friend a flat denying look. He didn't just call her honey, right? 

"I think, rather than her, I am the one who need to have a session with you." Johnny sarcastically said while walking over to his friend. 

"What problem do you have?" Kun wiggle his brows playfully. 

"You are my problem! After harassing me all day yesterday, you just made that unapologetic face to me? Now, why are we friends to start with?" Johnny whines making Kun lightly tap his back. 

"Oh? Me was the problem? I thought it was the love-," And Kun got Johnny slapping his palm over his mouth with a glare. 

"Don't you dare, you little minion!" Kun just play along as he hugs Johnny which Johnny is quick to push him away and Kun be laughing his off. 

"Go inside first, Chae. I have something to talk with this giant." 

After he's sure that Jungchae had been into his room, Kun turn to look at Johnny. This time, a lot serious than just now. 

"I don't know how she got comfortable with you but I think I ought to tell you. She hadn't warm up to me yet." That made Johnny frown. 

"But she talks with you a lot tho." 

"Johnny, she hasn't talk anything about her life at all. All I got was the heads up from you and her brother." 

"She seems better tho." 

"She is but she didn't open up to me at all. She didn't talk anything about her life. It's quite worrying actually. I won't force her. But if she didn't talk, she will just try to brush it off and forget it, only to build it up again and explode some time. I don't want that to happen, Johnny." 

Kun leave Johnny standing outside as he slowly tap his shoulder. He didn't know how to react on that news. 

-- 

"So, how's your day?" Kun took a seat, asking her. 

"It's fine." I have Johnny. She wished she could say that. 

"Are you doing better with people?" Atthat questiom, Jungchae release a deep and heavy sigh. 

"It's tiring. I don't want to meet people at all." 

Kun nodded in his seat. She finally look so broken in front of him that he thinks, now should be the right time. She had been holding back everytime she see him and talk to him. Worlds know how much he wanted to shake her and force her to let loose and stop being so tense. Now that he found an opening, he's not gonna let it slide.

"Then don't. Stay in there. Live in your mind alone, all you want." To be honest, Kun almost winced at how cruel he sounds but this should crack her. 

Jungchae lift her head. She wasn't sure if he's just being sarcastic for the smile hanging over his face. Jungchae didn't feel like smiling at the moment. 

"I came only to ask something. I guess I won't be aski

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter