05 By Chance

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S3: Panorama of Pearls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Fluff, Romance

Summary: In which a whipped Kim Minjoo took a chance on getting to know a beautiful stranger by asking her for a picture but did it work?

Word Count: 3045

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS3_ByChance

 

By Chance

 

Minju's POV

 

 

“Excuse me, Can I take a picture of you?” … Yes that’s how it started. That one question changed everything. Leaving me in daze I couldn’t even tell. I was actually that attracted to a girl whom I only saw once in a café. I was this close of knowing all about her. But hey, you think I’m this straightforward who would just randomly ask for a cute stranger’s picture? Of course hell no! I made a lame excuse and I guess it worked out somehow.


 

It was that one Saturday morning, me and my friends went out to freshen up our minds from work loads. It was our time to relax, so we went to an exclusive café that probably most fancy people go to. It was only for once that we would try to enjoy such café. And there I met this girl. She caught my eye the first time that she walked right past me. She’s tall, beautiful and charming as you can say, but there’s something deep in her eyes that's making me want to know her more. She’s just there sitting alone on a table for two, drinking her coffee and playing with her phone. She seems to be a serious person from how you can see her features at first but as soon as she started to smile because of something probably funny on her phone, the thought just washed away from my mind. My friends noticed that I’ve been looking at her for a minute already.

 

 

“Yah Kim Minju!” Yuri called.

 

“You keep on looking at that girl, why not try and talk to her?” she continued while you can see the mischievous smile on her face knowing that she’s planning something at the back of her mind. And there came Hitomi, nodding in agreement with what Yuri has said.

 

 

“Nah, nevermind …” I said but somehow in my mind that I know I wanted to do it.

 

 

Suddenly I can hear my friends keep on nagging me.

 

 

“Come on Minju, this is only one opportunity of a lifetime, so go and talk to her!” Nako added.

 

 

“You make it sound like it’s the end of the world for me!” I said while turning my gaze onto everyone while frowning.

 

 

“It is actually!” Nako exclaimed teasingly.

 

 

“Like what the…?” I blurted out of annoyance. Thinking that it wouldn't be my first time to be able to talk to a girl, but still I belong to that 'Single since Birth' party. I sighed and just wanted to just disappear here in my seat because of shame.


 

“Come on! Or else I’ll do it for you. ” Chaewon added while getting up from her seat.

 

 

“What? Nooo!.. “ I whined in protest while trying to make Chaewon sit down again. Then they just gave me the DO-IT-OR-WE-WILL-NEVER-BE-FRIENDS-AGAIN look.

 

 

They gave me a shock that they somehow sounded desperate for me.

“aish..fine! “ I said then I slowly stood up from my seat, making my way towards her table. Random thoughts are crossing my mind. I feel like I want to be swallowed by the ground and everything seems to be not normal. This nervousness is killing me. I took a final glance at my friends and they all gave me the assuring look that I should do it. I smiled awkwardly and took a deep breath before making my step again. And I’m not so sure if I will be able to continue this mission myself. Forcing myself to take a few more steps towards her, I felt like crying. Finally I took my last step as I approached her table, I gave her an awkward smile and she just stared back at me. Her gaze makes me want to run out from here.

 

 

“Excuse me…” I said. When I had finally gathered all of my strength and took the courage to start the conversation she just continued to stare at me…

 

 

“C-can I…” I stuttered while looking at her directly.

 

 

“Yes?” She finally answered back making me more nervous.

 

 

“Can I take a picture of you?” I blurted out all of a sudden and thought what the hell came into my mind.

 

 

She chuckled and said “Okay, but tell me first what it is for?

 

 

”Ahh...It’s for a project!” I blurted out again. “A company project, they are looking for a model that is good looking and has potential… And I can see you have potential and maybe my company would like you to be our model.” I randomly explained. Yeah, I sound like some agent but somehow it is indeed my job, but still lame excuse is lame. I can hear my friends laughing at my stupid explanation and I’m sure this girl wouldn’t give in to this.

 

 

 

“Okay, that would be nice I guess” he said while smiling.

 

 

 

I was left stunned with what she said, like my heart just stopped beating for a while and I was left speechless.

 

 

 

She smiled again at me, making me want to jump up and down for joy and shout random things but of course I have to stay calm. “Good then!” I said calmly.

 

 

 

“I’m Yujin by the way” she said and smiled while offering her hand for a handshake. She left me dumbfounded for a second then I slowly reached out and while shaking her hand, it makes me feel all tingly and stuff like it’s my first crush.

 

 

 

“Nice meeting you, I’m Minju…” I said while smiling awkwardly.

 

 

 

She smiled back again and asked “So what should I do?”

 

 

 

“Ahm, oh yeah! I don’t have my camera with me so I’ll just use my phone…” I said while reaching my phone from my jeans’ pocket which is an absolutely fail coz my phone is in my bag. Totally fail and I look at her awkwardly and make a v-sign with my fingers gesturing that I made a mistake. “I’ll just get my phone… e-excuse me.” I said clumsily.

 

She just smiled and nodded at me.



 

I groggily went back to our table, noticing that my friends were laughing hard at me. I just glared at them and shushed them before I hastily got my phone from my bag.

 

 

 

“Why such in a hurry Miss photographer?” Hitomi jokes.

 

 

“Yah, stop teasing me!”

 

 

 

And they all started laughing again. I just furiously get back to her. As soon as I turned back to her table I saw no one there.

 

 

 

I wasn’t shocked at all… No… to see her not there anymore? No, I’m not. But somehow I felt like being torn apart. I felt like from the start it was just a dream.

 

 

 

Why leave? Thinking what had happen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter