10 To Be With You Forever

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S3: Panorama of Pearls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Romance, Slice of Life

Summary: An au wherein everyone knew their fate in life, it was depressing for others but it was also giving them the chance to change their fate. Yujin hates socializing because she knew that her fate is to leave the world when reached 20 years old and then Minju just happened then the rest is history.

Word Count: 6930

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS3_ToBeWithYouForever

 

To Be With You Forever

 

Ever since Yujin was a child, she already hated socializing and making friends because she was scared that she would just leave the people important in her life someday. That thought was engraved in Yujin's mind that will suddenly appear on her mind whenever someone she doesn’t know will approach her.

Yujin was already in her 18th year in her life. Her mom was happy and sad for Yujin at the same time. She witnessed how Yujin grew up from a pup-like kid to a very fine woman that she is today.

Yujin was already in her first year of college. She almost decided not to go to college since she already knew that she would soon leave the land in her 20th year in life. Luckily, Yena, her cousin and only friend in life, convinced her to attend college since there are instances that people can actually change their fate.

 

“Hey Yujin! Get up already or else, you'll be late for your first day in college!” Mom yelled from the kitchen. Aigoo. Yujin yawned and stretched her arms for a moment to get ready for school. Yujin then got up and proceeded to take a morning bath and prepare to wear her school uniform. After her preparations, she went down from her room to the kitchen.

“Hey Jinnie, Yena texted me. She said that she will walk to school with you”, Yujin was shocked and glad at the statement.“Ehhh? I thought we’re not attending the same school?”

“She decided not attend the same college with you so that you could still see her when you need someone to talk to. Such a good friend isn’t she?” Yujin smiled at her mom. I’m so lucky to have Yena unnie.

*Knock* *knock*

Sudden knocks were heard from the door, “Good morning Mrs. An! Good morning Yujinnie!”

Mrs. An widely smiled at the sudden visitor. “Aigoo, my favorite niece is here! Come here and eat with us!” Mrs. Ahn gladly welcomed Yena.

Yena seated beside Yujin, “Yah! Why didn’t you told me that you sacrificed attending to your dream school just to be with me?” Yena just laughed at Yujin.

“Aigoo, what a very good way to greet me, eh? Good morning to you too Ms. Ahn. I didn’t tell you because it’s a surprise. Surprise!” Yena gestured her hands as if she was presenting a surprise. Yujin just hugged Yena, “Thank you so much unnie! I'm a very lucky dongsaeng” Yena hugged Yujin back, “Anything for my favorite dongsaeng” A sudden flash stopped the two cousins from having their moment. “Oops sorry, I just thought that you guys were too cute so I captured it, hehe” Mrs. Ahn waved her camera making the two laugh.

 

Yenjin duo was on their way to school when Yujin stopped walking for a while. “I just thought of something. The world is cruel, isn’t it? Why would you let someone live, when they are just meant to be gone someday”, Yena held the younger's hand and rubbed it using her thumb. “Nope, living is a blessing. Just think of it like this, if you are not given the chance to live here, you won’t be able to see me”, Yena winked at Yujin making her laugh. “Well, I won’t argue with that. That's a good point, I am really lucky to have you” Yujin's negative thoughts were washed away, thanks to her best unnie.

The two continued to walk until they reached their school. 6:45 AM. They just arrived in time to make themselves comfortable with their room for this school year. Yena accompanied Yujin in her room. The two were not classmates since Yena was one year older than Yujin. Yujin decided to pursue Musical Theater because of her talent in singing and dancing. Yena was also a Musical Theater student but she’s already in her 2nd year.

“Thank you unnie, see you later”, Yujin bid her goodbye to Yena, “See you later too Jinnie, if something is wrong, don’t hesitate to call me, okay?” Yujin nodded, “Yup don’t worry, I can handle myself. I'm already 18 hehe” The two then proceeded to go separate ways.

Yujin seated at the back seat beside the window so that she will be able to look outside whenever she feels bored. 6:50 AM. Ten minutes left and the classes will already start but half of the class is still not inside the room.

Sigh, I guess I really need to do this to kill time.

7:00 AM *ring* *ring*

The bell ringed indicating that class hours started. The teacher showed up and waved good morning to the students. All the students rise up and greeted her back as a sign of respect. “Okay class, to start our first day, I want to introduce myself first. My name is Kwon Eunbi but please do call me Ms. Kwon. I will be your class adviser for the school year and your teacher in Song and Dance. Hope you guys will always follow my rules and everything will be all right. The most important rule is the rule number one, which is do not be late in my clas-“, Ms. Kwon was interrupted by the sudden knocks on the door.

Ms. Kwon opened the door and Yujin was left in awe at the sight. A girl that looks like an angel was panting heavily, indicating that she ran just to be in time. “Good morning ma'am, sorry I'm late”, the girl bowed. “Good morning to you too, you are just in time for my first rule. Rule number one, don’t be late in my class”, Ms. Kwon smiled sarcastically at the girl and the girl didn’t know what to do and just smiled awkwardly at the teacher. “Go inside and have a seat, I hope this will be the first and the last time that you will be late. You got it?” the girl nodded and bowed then preceded to seat beside Yujin since it was the only seat available in the classroom.

Yujin was still in awe at the sight and wasn’t able to look away at the girl. Why am I feeling this? I think I'm going crazy. The eyes of the two met and the angel-like girl smiled at Yujin and that’s when Yujin lost it. Oh my goodness, I think I like her.

Yujin was feeling ecstatic and sad at the same time. She was happy at the thought of having a beautiful girl as her seatmate and sad because she doesn’t like the feeling of liking this girl. How ironic, isn’t it?

All of them are introducing themselves. Yujin started and gave a short introduction about herself. The next one to introduce herself is the girl beside her. Yujin focused at the girl since she badly wants to know the girl’s name.

“Hi! My name is Kim Minju. I'm already 19 years old and I'm from Miseong-dong. It’s nice seeing you all. I hope we'll get along” the girl who is now known as Minju bowed. Kim Minju, Yujin thought and smiled at herself.

Classes just ended and Yujin was organizing her things to get ready and see Yena. She can’t wait to tell her unnie what she is feeling. A small tap in her shoulder interrupted her thoughts. “Uh- Yujin, right? Can I go with you until the school gate? I'm new here and I'm bad at directions” Yujin was startled for a moment but she mentally slapped herself. “Oh s-sure” she said and smiled awkwardly.

The two were walking side by side while Yena was just in a few feet away from the two. Yena suddenly saw Yujin that left her in shock “Woah, Yujin? You’re finally socializing huh” she said to herself and smiled.

“Thank you! I'm Minju by the way! Nice to meet you, I hope we’ll be friends”, Minju smiled at Yujin and offered her hands. Yujin immediately hid her gay panic and reached Minju's hands for a handshake, “No worries Minju! Just call me Yujin. Nice meeting you too!” Minju giggled at the view of Yujin looking so adorably awkward and nervous. “Don’t drink coffee too much~ Bye! See you tomorrow!” Minju tapped Yujin's head even though she is a bit shorter and entered their car. Yujin was very flattered at what happened and realized that her hands were very cold. Oh my- That was embarrassing, I hope she didn’t noticed.

“Boo!” Yena suddenly jumped out of nowhere that made Yujin jumped out of shock (Hehe imagine a kitten playing and suddenly jumped because of a cucumber lol). “And now you got a girlfriend huh?” Yena playfully raised her eyebrows. “She’s not my girlfriend!” Yujin was quick to deny it, “…but I think I like her” Yena was so shocked and happy at the same time, “OH MY GOODNESS! ARE YOU FOR REAL??” the duck-like girl said using her voice when she said Oh my God, Grandmother?! “Yahh!! Tone down your voice!”

The two happily walked to their home. Yujin told Yena all the details and Yena can't help but giggle and tease the younger because Yujin! Is! Finally! Crushing! On! Someone!

The two came home and Yujin took a bath first and ate their dinner before she went to her bed. She was just happily staring at the ceiling thinking of how perfect Minju is. After some happy thoughts, she was reminded by her fate. Aish, not again. She buried her face on her pillow and quietly shouted to let out her frustrations.

*Ting* Her phone ringed indicating someone messaged her.

“Hey don’t think about the future. You can still change it! Think of the present! Just go with the flow! I'm so proud of you!” -duckling unnie🥰🦆

Yujin's frustrations was suddenly washed away because of her best unnie’s text message. She replied at her unnie's message, “Thank you so much unnie, you’re just in time. I really needed that! Don't worry unnie I'll help you with Yuri Haha!”

Yujin put down her phone on the table and proceeded to lie down. She smiled at herself; Yena unnie is right, just go with the flow. Don't let your negative thoughts fill your mind. Sigh.

 

11:30 AM

Yujin is with Minju, they are currently at the school cafeteria to eat lunch. They are waiting for Yena to arrive. It was already their routine for the past weeks to eat together during lunch and break times. They became very close to each other especially Yujin and Minju.

“Yujinnie, do you have something to do after classes?” Minju asked Yujin. “E-eh? Nope, Yena unnie and I will just go home. Why did you ask?” Minju still keeps on making Yujin's heart flatter every time even in the smallest things. “Hmm nothing, I just want to go eat outside. Do you want to come with me?” Minju smiled that made the younger’s heart jump. “J-just the two of us?” Yujin asked without thinking. Oh my goodness, what am I doing? Minju looked so disappointed and sighed “You can invite Yena unnie too if you want”

Coincidentally, Yena showed up, “Sorry guys I'm late, I was very busy with school works” Yena seated beside Minju and saw that something is off. What's wrong with these two? She just shrugged it off and ordered their food.

“Oh by the way, Yujin, I will not be able to go home with you. I have a group activity to do later. You can go home without me” Yena reminded the tallest. “Don’t worry, I'll go out with Minju later”, Yujin said that made Yena grinned and felt that Minju stiffened. Omo, these two tsunderes, just confess already.

5:00 PM, classes have ended.

Yujin sighed and straightened her mind even though she’s not straight. Aigoo Yujin, come on and buckle up! Yujin let out a deep breath. “Mingju, where are we off to?” Yujin finally let out a full sentence without stuttering. “O-oh, I thought you didn’t want to”, Minju said coldly. “Eh? I never said that?” Yujin was very confused What's happening to her? Yujin heard that Minju let out a heavy sigh, “H-hey? What's wrong?” “Nothing, let's go”, Minju pulled Yujin by her hands and went outside.

The two were walking quietly. What is she mad for? I'm confused. “M-may I know where are we going?”, Yujin asked still afraid at Minju. “Just shut up and follow me”, Yujin was shocked by the coldness from Minju's voice. Yujin just let out a small “o-okay”

Minju entered a small restaurant and the younger just followed like a sad pup that was rejected by its owner. Minju was the only one who ordered for the two and saw Yujin looking like a sad puppy, cute, she thought. Now I feel guilty, I hate this time of the month.

“H-hey”, Yujin didn’t bother to look at Minju and pretended to not hear anything. “Yujin, look at me”, the cold tone made Yujin to follow Minju. The older's heart softened at the sight, “Sorry, it was just, I hate this time of the month, you know?” Ohh, Yujin thought and just nodded. “Are you mad?” Yujin shook her head as an answer. “Aish, you're mad. I'm sorry okay?” the irritation in Minju's voice was very obvious. Yujin giggled and smiled, “No I'm not. I will never be mad at you” Minju just hissed at Yujin that made Yujin laugh.

Their order arrived; the food was tteokbokki and jajangmyeon. “Wahh, my favorite tteokbokki, jajangmyeonn~” Yujin said and heard a camera shutter. Yujin saw Minju giggling at her camera, “Yujin-ah, you look so cute here” Yujin tried to reached the camera but Minju was fast to hide her camera, “Let me see it”. Minju gestured a big no as an answer, “Nope, this is for mine only” Yujin flattered at the older’s statement and just continued eating to hide her blushing face. What are you doing to me?

After eating, the two decided to walk home.

“I’m curious about your fate”, Minju said as they were walking to Minju's house. “Nah, I'm scared. You might leave me if I will say mine”, sadness can be heard from Yujin’s voice. “Oh, now you're afraid of losing me huh?” Minju laughed at Yujin's reaction, “You're too obvious sometimes hahaha. Just kidding, don’t be scared, I won’t leave you, try me”

“I’m afraid that I will be the one to leave you someday” Yujin just looked up at the stars. “I was meant to vanish in this world when I reach my 20th year here” The atmosphere became awkward.

They continued to walk quietly until Minju decided to break the silence, “The moon is beautiful, isn’t it?” Yujin looked at the moon and smiled, “Yeah you’re right. But do you know what is more beautiful than the moon?” Minju paused for a bit, “Hmm… what is it?” “Look at the mirror and you'll find out”, Yujin giggled and winked at Minju. Minju felt her heart beat faster. Yujin laughed and ran because of the cheesiness of what she just said. Cute, Minju thought.

They continued to chat and laughed at their own jokes until they reached Minju's house. “Thank you for the day Yujin, see you tomorrow” “Thank you for the dinner and for this day too Minju” Yujin started to walk away feeling happy. “Yujin-ah!! Take care!!”, Minju shouted and Yujin just waved her hand and gestured an okay sign. Yup, I should take care, I want to change my fate for you.

Yujin happily walked and is now finally home. “Yujin! You’re finally here, did you eat already?” worry was evident at Mrs. Ahn's eyes. “Don’t worry mom, I'm okay. I already ate with Minju and I'm feeling incredibly great!”, Yujin was very smiley so her mom was relieved. “Omo! I'm glad you’re feeling great”, her mom said and hugged her. “Mom, I want to change my fate. I met someone who inspired me to do so.”, Yujin proudly said to her mom.

“Let me guess, that was Minju, right?” Yujin nodded and Mrs. Ahn hugged her again. “Omo, I want you to bring her here again someday, I want to thank her” Yujin was even more delighted because of her mom, “Soon, mom”

They continued to talk about life and Mrs. Ahn was very delighted by the sudden change in her daughter. From being a negative thinker to a strong, determined and positive child. Now she wonders, what in the world does Minju have to change Yujin easily. After the long mom-daughter conversation, Yujin went to her room and washed herself. After a good bath, she dived in her bed and rolled herself out of the happiness she is feeling right now. I'm crazy. Before sleeping, she prayed for her guidance to change her fate and to give thanks because of all the happenings in just a day.

Meanwhile at Minju's room, Minju can’t sleep because of what she just found out. This is unfair. Not someone important to me again please. Let her live please, I beg you. She continuously prayed and cried. I think my fate isn’t true.

 

Months have passed and it was already Yujin's 19th birthday. Minju and Yena were invited alongside Yena's parents.

“Hi Minju, you look like an angel!” Mrs. Ahn complimented Minju (She's not wrong though). “Oh thank you Mrs. Ahn! You look gor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter