41 Disappointed (But thank you for changing that)

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S3: Panorama of Pearls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Angst, Fluff, School, Psychological

Summary: A secret spilled can be compared to a bunch of feathers thrown; you will never know where the feather would reach. or Ahn Yujin suffering from guilt and Kim Minjoo being the one to stay with her all throughout.

Word Count: 5599

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS3_Disappointed

 

Disappointed (But thank you for changing that)

 

It was a new day for everyone. A new day to feel alive. A new day to feel energized and go to school or work.

 

But not for Ahn Yujin.

 

“Ugh… what time is it?” The girl groggily asks herself as she gets her phone. She unlocks it and immediately turns it back off due to the blinding light of the phone.

“Damn, 5:30? .”

She stands up and fixes her bed, or couch, and walks out of her room as she heard noise from the living room.

“Yah, Ahn Yujin! Breakfast’s ready!” She groans, hearing the booming voice of her mom so early in the morning. “Yes, mom.” She replies, getting her school uniform and placing it on the clothing rack. Her mom gets her uniform and irons it as she eats her bowl of cereal and watches recaps of the basketball game the night before.

‘Lillard… for three!’

The video says which earned cheers from the crown and cheers from the girl watching the replay. She becomes hyped up seeing her favorite basketball player hit a game winning shot. Too hyped that she went to chat her best friend to talk about it… but immediately regrets opening the messaging app.

Her mood immediately changes, and the shift can be felt even by her mother who and just finished ironing her daughter’s uniform. “Your uniform is ready, just take a shower or you’ll be late for school.” She complies, showering and trying to wash away the events that happened the night before.


 

She finishes preparing and was about to go to school but was stopped by her mother. “Hey, you know if there’s something wrong you can tell me, right?” Her mother says with full sincerity, the first time she’s heard that since forever.

“I know, mom. I’m off, bye.” She says as she kisses her mom on the cheek before walking out the house.

 

She plugs in her earphones and opens her playlist as she waits for the intersection to be clear of cars. She kept mumbling to herself as she plays what she thinks is the best song for the present situation she was in.

‘I Would by Day6, ah… this will do.’

 

She stopped by the nearest 7-11 to buy herself a bottle of Sprite before finally going to her school. Why Sprite? Because the leader of her favorite K-pop group’s favorite drink is Sprite. When she arrived, she was greeted by a dim hall. She looked at the time on the computer when she tapped in her ID, “6:15 am… too early but at least it’s quiet.”

She finally settled herself when she arrived at the long table near the principal’s office. Sighing, she rested her head on her arms as if trying to make herself sleep as it was still too early for class to start. As she was trying to sleep, she felt a presence sit beside her. She felt rustling which she thought was bags and book cases being organized before she felt a head lay on her shoulder.

 

“Morning, Yujinnie.” The person said. Yujin looks at her, rubbing her nape as she just woke up. “Oh, hey Minjoo-unnie.” Yujin said, fixing the girl’s head on her shoulder so that she won’t feel uncomfortable.

“Unnie, are you busy later? Can we… talk?” Yujin asked the sleeping girl, not really expecting an answer since the girl is a heavy sleeper. “Sure, just message me when we’ll talk.” She nodded and they continued to sleep.

 

Students started coming and filling the hall, with some students also staying at the long table. They saw the scene; some ignored it, some were lowkey jealous, while the others cooed at the sight. It was all peaceful until a hand suddenly smacked Yujin’s back, making the latter groan.

“Hey, Yujin-ah. Wake up! The bell just rang!” The voice said, flailing her arms to put emphasis on her words. “Jeez, Yena-unnie. The bell hasn’t rung yet. Leave Yujin alone, looks like she stayed up all night again. Let her sleep.” Another voice said and the girl just did her signature pout and sulked at the corner.

The bell rang and Yujin was woken up by a tap on her shoulder. “Yujin-ah, morning assembly.” The person said, also waking up Minjoo. “Thanks, Hyewon-unnie.”

Yujin was about to go to her class when she saw a particular person walk past her which made her feel different things… sadness and guilt included.

 

“W-Wonyoung…”

---

Yujin was off. At least, that’s what her friends thought.

 

“Hey, Yujin. You seem down today, what’s wrong?” Yena asked while munching on some bread. “Yeah, you were like that since last night. You left mid-game and now you’re on a 3-day ban on our server. What’s wrong?” Hyewon added.

“It’s nothing. I was just not feeling well. Don’t worry about it.” Yujin replied, her eyes looking at everything except her friends. “Whatever it is, you know you can tell us right? We’re here for you.” Chaeyeon said while patting her young friend’s back.

As they were conversing, a girl walked pass them and each one of them noticed the change in the air around them. Yena, without thinking, called the girl.

 

“Yah, Wonyoung-ah.” Yena called, not noticing the subtle sigh that left Yujin’s mouth. Wonyoung approached them, her eyes everywhere but the young puppy. “What’s up, Yena-unnie? Do you need anything?” Wonyoung asked, wanting to finish this interaction as soon as possible.

“Well, you see… our friend here was in a sour mood since yesterday and-” Yena was cut-off by a hard pat (slap) on the back, courtesy of one Kang Hyewon. “Oh, what were you saying? Was it some kind of secret? It’s alright, secrets are meant to be kept, right Ahn Yujin?” Wonyoung said, poison laced in her words which seeped through the said girl.

“Well, if everything’s good I must take my leave. Bye, guys!” Wonyoung waved before leaving.

“The hell’s wrong with you, idiot!” Hyewon asked, failing to keep in her emotions. “What? I was asking her since you know Yujin has a crush on her and-” Yena was cut-off again but this time, it was by a hard smack coming from the table.

“You know what guys, I lost my appetite. Hyewon-unnie you can have my food.” Yujin said, wiping her palms on her slacks to ease the sting caused by the slam.


 

Yujin’s anger got the best of her. Her oblivious friend made her blood boil since everybody read the situation clearly except her. She kept sighing and in frustration, she grabbed her hair and kept ruffling it, leaving a mess of a hairstyle.

She continued her mini tantrum until a voice made her stop. A voice, a voice so calming that all her anger went away. A voice, a voice so endearing it made her heart swell immediately. A voice,

 

from Kim Minjoo.

 

“Yujinnie…” The girl looked at her, eyes full of worry.

 

“Minjoo-unnie…” Minjoo heard the cracking of the girl’s voice and immediately went to her and hugged her tight. Yujin felt the soft arms and tears freely fell from her face. She hid her face on the crook of Minjoo’s neck, so the latter won’t know she’s crying but the sniffles and the dampness that became of Minjoo’s shirt proved otherwise.

 

“It’s ok, I’m here.” Minjoo whispered, caressing the head of the crying woman in her arms. It wasn’t long before the crying went back to some sniffles before Yujin separated herself from the other girl.

 

“Ok, so what’s up?” Minjoo started the conversation, knowing that the fidgeting girl beside her won’t talk first. “W-Well… I messed up. No, I ed up.” Yujin said, almost like a whisper but the girl heard it. “Why, what happened?” Minjoo asked, trying to pry out information from her friend. “You see…”

---

// It was nighttime. Yujin just finished all her requirements for the day to make time for herself. She tidied up her workplace (surprisingly) and immediately went to her PS4 to play a game. As she was playing some basketball, she felt a vibration coming from the armrest of her chair.

It was a message.

Yujin immediately smiled, knowing who sent her a message.

 

‘Hey, Yujinnie! Can… we talk?’ The message said. She smiled as she typed her reply. ‘Sure, let me call you.’

 

“Hello?” The voice said. “Hey, Wonnie. What’s up? You said you needed to talk.” Yujin said, immediately smiling widely as she heard her crush’s cute baby voice.

“Well, I just needed someone to vent out some frustration to.” Yujin hummed, signalling for her crush to continue. “Well… it’s just that Nako-unnie and Yuri-unnie are so frustrating! There is not a secret that they can keep! One time I told them about a test I flunked and the next thing I knew, our group chat’s booming with messages making fun of me or just plainly talking about my situation. It’s irritating!” Yujin’s smile faltered, feeling the frustration coming from the voice of the girl.

“Plus, they invited that girl Hitomi into our group even though no one’s really close with her. I understand she just transferred but I don’t want our group dynamic to be broken by some transfer student.” Wonyoung said, sighing as she felt her stress come again.

“So, you good? Venting out seemed to have cooled your head down a bit.” Yujin joked, trying to lift the mood. “Yeah, thanks for listening to me rant. I knew I could trust you. Well, I gotta go and rest since my head still hurts hehe bye~” Wonyoung ended the call, and Yujin couldn’t hold in her squeals.

“She’s so cute when she’s angry. Why do I even love her? Oh, right. It’s because she’s Jang freaking Wonyoung” Yujin said to herself before returning to her game.


 

The next day came and Yujin went to her friend Chaewon who was in Wonyoung’s group of friends. “Hey Chaewon-unnie. I heard from Wonyoung that you guys took in the transferee, am I correct?” Yujin said while walking with her short-haired friend.

“Yeah, she was alone since she was new, so we took her into our group and so far, everything’s been good. I even asked her out! And she agreed!” Chaewon was too happy recalling her experience with the transferee that Yujin tried to ruin the mood by making puking sounds.

“Yah! Don’t ruin my moment!” Chaewon growled, but it didn’t seem to faze Yujin who just saw a baby cub growling instead of the cold-blooded cheetah she was known for. “By the way, why did you bring Tomi up? Something wrong with Wonyoung?” Chaewon asked, curious as to why her friend had mentioned the Japanese transferee.

So Yujin told Chaewon about her conversation with Wonyoung the night before. She thought that it would be alright since Chaewon knows how to keep secrets and since Wonyoung was close with her.


 

Oh, was she so ing wrong. //

---

“So, you told Chaewon about the conversation you had with Wonyoung. It couldn’t be that bad for you to be this way.” Minjoo said, caressing the back of the slumped girl. “Yeah but… you know I hate disappointing people right?” Yujin said, receiving a hum from Minjoo.

“I hate the fact that I knew I could do something, but I didn’t, or I knew I shouldn’t have done it, but I did anyways. It was always so… contradicting, my actions. Add the fact that my parents always expect something out of me and my grades, I just can’t keep up with myself.” Yujin admitted… crying almost.

“Shh now. Don’t cry, I’m here. You can let it all out.” Minjoo said as she wiped the tears falling from Yujin’s face again. “Now tell me, what happened next? How did you end up like… this?” She asked.


 

// “AHN YUJIN!” A voice shouted, startling everyone at the hallway. Everyone stared at the fuming girl marching towards the unsuspecting girl. Yena and the others saw this and got the attention of their friend who was preparing for her last class.

The girl stopped. As she was now facing the girl she tried calling a few moments ago. Yujin felt that someone was staring at her, so she turned around to see her crush, Jang Wonyoung.

 

“Hey, Wonnie. What’s up-”

 

Everything was silent.

 

Except for one sound. A resounding one that reached the far corners of the long hallway.

 

It was a slap. Jang Wonyoung just slapped Ahn Yujin.

 

“H-Hey, what was that for?” Yujin asked, surprised that her crush had slapped her infront of everyone.

“You. Me. School Garden. After class.” Wonyoung coldly said which sent shivers down her spine.


 

At the school garden, there was one person anxiously waiting for someone to arrive. Fidgeting her fingers, she didn’t know why she was nervous. Well, it was her crush after all. But she kept asking herself, ‘Why did she slap me? I don’t remember doing anything wrong.’

She was too busy having a mental battle with herself to realize that someone has been calling her attention for a few minutes now.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter