32 End of Time

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S3: Panorama of Pearls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Action, Dystopia, Fluff, Romance

Summary: It's kinda magical how Yujin met Minjoo in the most cruel time in earth's history. When they're battling for their future against the galactic species trying to obliviate the human race.

Word Count: 5849

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS3_EndofTime

 

End of Time

 

Yujin was speeding with her jet-black motorcycle, dressed in all black, into the narrow alleyway of a street in LA where one of the main command ship of the “doominators” reside in midair, looming a big part of the city.

Yup, doominators. That’s what they call it.

A variation of technologically advanced 8-foot monsters mostly with a big luminous green-armored body, an alien head that’s too tiny for its overall physique, its back covered with 8 long claw machine-like sharp thing that makes it hard to get close to them, robot legs, and a pair of close-to-human arms that carries a laser gun.

Creatures everybody thought they would only see in movies.

Forgetting the fact that they’re about to wipe out every last human on earth, Yujim thought their appearance was a little funny. And whoever named those hostile mobs “doominator” must be lousy at naming things, like naming its dog browny because it’s brown.

Yujin looked up into the night sky where the numerous various aircrafts outshined the stars.

Everything above was hell. But she knows it’s even more chaotic when you’re actually up there in the firmament, fighting the enemy’s gigantic airships.

Yujin was used to being a pilot in the detrimental horizon, shooting at those damn ships almost every day. She unluckily just happens to be General Chan’s personal envoy, running errands for him from time to time, and this day was one of them. She was tasked to deliver the 10 test vials to the other base camp. What’s pissing Yujin off is she has to go through motorcycle every time for easy transport and narrow alleyways like this.

She just hoped her slick black with blue highlight millennium fighter jet she let Yena pilot just for tonight was not one of the fallen aircrafts or else she’ll kill Yena twice.

Yujin shifted her focus on the road again.

She looked back and sure enough two monsters were chasing her, shooting lasers with their poor accuracy. The claw-machine-like thing on its back now serves as its legs to keep up with Yujin’s speed.Without those claw-machine-like thing, Yujin was sure the humanity’s chance of surviving would rose from 10% to 30%.

“What a bummer.” Yujin muttered in her helmet and a grab a grenade specifically designed for the doominators from her left pocket.

She looked back again and aimed at the direction of the two monsters. The grenade hit the ground and rolled like an empty bottle before it exploded.

That’s enough to hold them off.

Yujin thought.

The bumpy road with scattered debris all over it seems endless.

Aside from the random split second flash of lights from the choppers and alien ships, the only light source in the dark alleyway is from Yujin’s motorcycle.

She had noticed the unsurprising vandals on the side walls as her head light graze it for a moment. 4 years ago, Yujin can be found spray painting street walls like this with her friends; their skateboards sprawled on the ground, their fingers tainted with different paint colors and their laugh echoed the place.

In that brief moment that Yujin got distracted, her helmet gear wasn’t picking up any signs of nearby monsters ahead which is a good sign, but it’s picking up one thing—a concrete wall just 100 meters away.

Talk about unlucky

Judging from her current speed, Yujin knew she can’t make it if she slows down as both she and her motorcycle would crash the wall. But she would also be thrown out of the vehicle and would slam on the wall just minus the motorcycle if she hit the brakes, which she thinks is a better idea. Her hands gripped the two handbrakes and the motorcycle slowed down for just a couple of seconds before it halted into an instant stop like its tires were glued on the floor.

Sure enough, Yujin was sent out flying and she crashed the wall.

Her body was lying on the dusty ground, limp from the impact and she was groaning in pain. Who would’ve thought that the long alleyway would be a dead end and why the heck is there a wall anyway? Good thing she was wearing a helmet or else she wouldn’t die from the hands of those filthy doominators but from the tall and sturdy lifeless wall. That’s why always wear your helmet, folks.

Still lying on the floor, obviously beat up, Yujin took off her damaged helmet and felt an intense pain.

“Damn it.” She cursed. What a bad timing to break her left arm. And if she’s a bit more unlucky, a pack of doominators could show up and end her.

Yujin closed her eyes for a couple of seconds, feeling the cold wind gently touch her cheeks for the first time in a while. She then opened her eyes and stared at the chaotic sky once again, savoring the stillness of her surroundings even though it’s a bit suspicious.

This day was one of those days where she misses her old life. Yujin was not the type to dwell on the past. She would rather think of her future than be chained by the things she can’t change. But tonight, Yujin let herself reminisce the good and peaceful times and be vulnerable. The painfully sweet memories she can’t take back just like the lives of her beloved family and friends.

It was December 11 when the doominators attacked the planet. A chilly winter night supposed to be accompanied by a cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows but was ended by destructive out-of-this-world creatures, bombing their houses and killing every living organism they see, leaving no choice for the fortunate survivors like Yujin but to flee, hide and seek protection.

They all feel lost, lonely and alone. They keep moving from place to place, meeting people also fighting for their lives.

When it first happened, everything was bizarre and surreal. Sure there might be some who’ve already imagined this situation but experiencing it is never the same as just thinking about it. It’s like the worst nightmare ever and it’s been going on for weeks and you don’t know how to wake up or if you’ll ever wake up.

Everything was fine before so why did everything have to go wrong.

Vulnerable, lost, lonely, alone.

Yujin feels all of these again tonight and she hates it.

After gaining enough energy, Yujin let out a deep sigh and sat up. She took her precious katana from her back that’s been there this whole time and checked if the laser gun on her side is still completely fine from the impact and fortunately, it is. She keenly scanned her suspicious surroundings. She stood up and was about to approach her a little bit damaged motorcycle when she noticed a faint light from afar.

Yujin involuntarily shifted to her fighting stance. Who knows, maybe it’s the doominators.

Just thinking about fighting them in her battered condition and broken left arm, Yujin’s hands went ice cold. She focused her sight at the light speeding towards her that looks like…

A motorcycle!

Yujin realized.

Wow a rescue. That was quick. She hadn’t even called them yet. Maybe the command base sensed she’s in trouble.

Thinking that her rescuer could be Yena, Yujin was now grinning, obviously excited to tell her what had just happened. Another realization pops in her head—she needs to stop the zooming motorcycle or else it would also crash into the wall just like what happened to her. She took a couple of steps forward and positioned herself at the center of the road.

“Heeeey!!!” she yelled while waving her right hand with a katana, the motorcycle headlight blinding her brown-colored eyes causing it to squint.

The driver obviously noticed her as it slowed down and stopped a few meters away from her. Yujin still has that smile plastered on her face but it didn’t last long when the mystery rider took off her black helmet.

Striking long pink hair and a face so ethereal she must be Aphrodite’s daughter. Seriously how can someone be that pretty?

Yujin was not sure if the moon finally came out from hiding behind the clouds and was shining its light for the charming girl’s face or it was one of the ships above. She doesn’t have the luxury to find out and take her eyes off of this heavenly façade. All she knew is that the once dark alley is now bright enough for her to see everything well. And if eyes could take any form of shapes, then Yujin was sure her eyes would probably be big hearts by now.

The pink-haired girl lightly shook her hair (which Yujin found extremely hot) and averted her gaze on the blue-haired one for the first time.

Yujin blushed intensely and closed her slightly open mouth and gulped. The mysterious girl got off the motorcycle dressed in all black just like Yujin, and was noticeably carrying a bow and a set of arrows strapped behind her back. She took graceful steps towards Yujin with her black boots making it look like it’s inappropriate for someone that beautiful to lay it on the dirty ground.

Yujin swears she can hear her heart beating loudly, dumbly wondering if the approaching girl can hear it too. She felt self-conscious and frantically combed her blue hair using her left hand completely forgetting that she had just injured her left arm. She twitched in slight pain and discomfort. She then again tried to make herself pretty decent by dusting her clothes with her left hand again, enduring the aching feeling.

Their distance from each other is now half a meter, the closest they have ever been. Yujin finally got the chance to admire the girl’s flawless existence up close. Her alluring face structure more defined and her pair of brown orbs is so mesmerizing and deep that it looks like it holds the secret of the universe.

“Hi, my na—” Yujin was about to introduce herself but she was cut off by the other girl.

“Later hun, we got company.” The pink haired-girl pointed at the bunch of shrieking luminous creatures coming towards them and Yujin was reminded again of the reality, the situation they’re in. But she won’t let that ‘hun’ slip past. She’s sure she heard it well.

The pack of ugly creatures was still a bit far away but the other girl aimed her arrow at one of them and hits bullseye. The doominator fell to the ground with a loud thud and became completely motionless after a few seconds. She then got another arrow and aimed it at another doominator and you won’t believe it—another freaking bullseye!

Yujin was in awe. She honestly didn’t expect this level of skill from the girl.

Two down, more to go. The pack eventually closed in fast, now making use of their laser guns but still aims poorly. Yujin charged at one of doominators on her left with her katana, cutting some of its 8 sharp weapon that sometimes function as its leg while also carefully avoiding getting skewered by it. And you can't just disregard the lasers just because the aliens are bad at aiming for your carelessness might drill a hole in your body.

When Yujin got the chance to close in and she amputated the doominator's pair of legs. The doominator became less functional now that it's using 2 of its 4 remaining sharp claws to support its body. But Yujin still cut them off and proceeded to behead the 8-foot-tall alien while it’s struggling to fight back.

Yujin saw the pink-haired girl from her peripheral vision now using the universal laser gun. Apparently all the laser gun everybody uses is from the doominators themselves. People learned that the lasers work well against the doominators also so everyone started to collect them and carry one every time. The alien's armor is not that easy to damage though, it takes a lot of shot to penetrate its insides to slow them down and make them completely malfunction and drop dead. Or if you’re a pro shooter, you could just directly shoot their heads. But sometimes they're smart enough to shield their heads with their reliable 8 set of sharp claws.

"No, not my bike!" Yujin shouted at one of the doominator completely destroying her motorcycle as if it can understand her.

"Mine's completely butchered also." The girl with the pink hair stated still focused on shooting the aliens.

Yujin continued fighting the - aliens more frustrated. She worked hard customizing and designing that motorcycle only to be ruined by an ugly looking alien. Yujin swears she won't use a motorcycle ever again. Now only two doominators remain and Yujin set off again to cut the claws of the nearest doominator.

It would help them a lot if her left arm weren't broken right now. She was clearly struggling from all the one hand fighting from the start and she doesn't have that much energy left. Despite all these, Yujin still managed to cut 3 claws from the doominator. She pierced her katana through the tough body of the alien and the alien fall backward a bit because of that damage. An arrow went zooming in right into the creature’s tiny head. Yujin looked behind her and saw the pretty girl who now switched back to her signature bow and arrow, flashed a smile at her and nod. Yujin felt her heart skip a beat. She uncontrollably smiled also and went to help the girl with the last doominator.

The last alien is pretty dysfunctional now because of the arrows buried deep down its chest. Yujin charged in cutting off two of the doominator's claw and its pair of legs and she went straight for the head in no time. Last doominator down.

The two girls were both panting, chasing their breaths. Yujin slid her katana back at her scabbard. They both looked at each other's eyes at the same time and they both chuckled.

Could this night be anymore chaotically romantic?

"It's all done and we're both still alive. I'm Yujin but you can call me--anytime" Yujin started the conversation with a smooth punch line and extended her right hand. "And yes, I was supposed to put on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter