29 The Proposal

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S3: Panorama of Pearls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Fluff, Romance, Slice of Life

Summary: In which Ahn Yujin asked her 6-year girlfriend named Kim Minju for her hand in marriage in 14 months by writing her a letter with clues on it.

Word Count: 9602

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS3_TheProposal

 

The Proposal

 

AHN YUJIN

 

How would you know if you want to marry this particular someone? How would I know if she’s the one? Wait scratch that, how did I know that she’s the one? The way she comforted me when I once failed a subject, she supports me with everything I do but she educates me when things go upside down.

 

I met her when I was in my last year of high school, I was having an entrance exam for that university and she was there, waiting at the cashier and I was paying for my test permit and oh my gosh? This college girl’s visuals are mesmerizing. I knew that I have to date her and get closer to her, to cut the chase, I have a crush at first sight.

 

Everything about her felt like the presence of an angel. Her beauty, her voice and everything. We got closer because I did some commissions for video editing so I can survive my broke in college and she appears to be one of my clients, a regular client to be specific.

 

To sum it all up, we got closer after the editing projects, became best friends and confessed our feelings in a house party that a mutual friend organized and it turns out she likes me too so we started dating.

 

There were some challenges in our relationship, we almost broke up when she entered med school and such but we’re still going strong at almost 6 years and I’m glad she still stayed.

 

While scrolling in YouTube, I saw a lot of creative marriage proposals and I realized that I am very passionate about spending the rest of my life with her, so I came up with a long term plan to ask her for marriage in a span of 14 months.

 

I am planning to give her 1 special letter every 11th of the month, which is our monthsary, inside those letters there are letter that will spell the words:

 

WILL YOU MARRY ME.

 

She's a very neat person so I doubt she'll lose it. I started writing the letters on June 11th 20xx, 2 months before our 6th year anniversary and I’ll kneel in front of her and do the grand reveal on our 7th year anniversary.

 

Even though this idea is making me nervous, thinking that in the span of 14 months, what if she breaks up with me? What if she gets sick of me? This idea has been bothering me while planning this, I am aware that there are times that I’m too stubborn and she gets annoyed with that but I am trying to change for her, I love her that much.

 

My pride is always higher than the sky but I always put it down in the ground for her.

 

 

 

 

KIM MINJU

11th of June, year 20xx || 1st letter: W

 

Today is nothing special, it's our monthsary but we focus more on the anniversary since we have our own works. I am a resident doctor in OSM Medical Center, I recently graduated from medicine at Yonsei University. Those 6 years were tough and I'm glad I survived.

 

It was morning and I was alone in the house, Yujin probably left early since she mentioned that there was an incident yesterday wherein 2 kids fought and one placed a chunk of slime in her hair and of course, as a teacher she has to deal with it.

 

She left a bowl of spam fried rice and egg and a sticky note saying:

 

"Good morning love! I'm sorry I left home early, kids have silly businesses. I left something on your lunch box, please read that. I love you~

 

Love, Doggo"

 

I started munching the spam fried rice as I opened my lunch box and saw an envelope inside, out of my curiosity, I opened it while eating my fried rice.

 

"June 11, 20xx

 

To my dearest Doctor Kim,

 

While reading this you might be wondering why I suddenly thought of writing you a letter randomly. Well I was testing my new ball pens and I found these cute froggy stationery paper in the bookstore so I bought it. I never really got the chance to send you a letter so here you go, I just want to congratulate you for surviving med school, and I admire your perseverance while studying even though it's not your cup of tea, but you made it. Do well in work, okay? Let me know if you're going home, if not, let me know too so I can bring you dinner, okay? I love you~

 

Love, Yujinnie"

 

How sweet this girl is, I guess she has plenty of time staying up late and she wrote this letter, I smiled and messaged her on my phone while eating my breakfast.


 

"Good morning my love, I just got prepped for work and I read your letter! Thank you baby, I love you, keep safe!!"


 

I wore my white coat and stuck my pin, preparing my bag and lunch box as I grabbed the keys to the house and left home on my way to work.

 

 

 

 

Ahn Yujin

11th of July, year 20xx || 2nd letter: I

 

Today is Sunday and it’s our anniversary, so we decided to go on a road trip on our way to the beach. She rented a car because she’s still saving money for it and she’s currently driving.

 

With her white Adidas tank top, light-colored denim shorts, a headband and some sunglasses, she looks so excited with this trip, well so am I. We were stuck in traffic so she took my hand, holding it while holding the gear stick.

 

“Are you excited?” She faced me and gave a kiss on the back of my hand, giving me that killer smile of hers. Yes, those dimples that I would love to poke for the rest of my life and those eye smiles that I can see through her tinted sunglasses.

 

“I am so excited, my love! You didn’t forget anything right?” I asked her as she nodded.

 

“Minnie, I have a question,” she asked me as I hummed as a response to her question.

 

“If I proposed to you, you won’t reject me, right?”

 

“There’s no reason for me to say no, why did you ask though?” I asked as I felt her tensed up.

 

“Just making sure.”

 

How odd is she right now, is she planning something? She at hiding things but I can’t comprehend what she is trying to do. She continued driving, having her eyes on the road and her ears to our collaborative road trip playlist on Spotify, as I silently batted my eyes on the road.

 

“Min, get the envelope in my bag and read it. That’s my second gift aside from the road trip and I’ll just give you my other gift later, take that for the meantime,” she said as I reached for her shoulder bag and found a pink envelope.

 

“You have a lot of stationery papers in your table huh? You’re collecting a lot, what’s going on?” I asked as I gently opened the envelope.

“I find it cute since my students always give me letters so I bought one so I can give one to you too,” she casually said as I smiled at her and started reading the letter.

 

“July 11, 20xx

 

My Minju,

 

It’s been 6 years. We made it so far yayyy~ happy happy anniversary to us my love, we’ve been through a rough road. We rarely go on a date due to our conflicting schedule, sometimes I go home and you’re not home and when you’re home, it’s either I am working or catching some sleep. I just want to assure you that I understand you and I am not upset nor feeling bad because I am not a baby that always asks for your attention and presence, we’re grown-ups, adults who have priorities and as your loving partner, all I can do is support you, respect your time and pretty much the things that a girlfriend do to support her girlfriend.

 

I won’t get sick of waiting for you, I will support you no matter what. If you’re tired, you can always call or text for some energy boost or if we’re both home, just lie beside me and I’ll hug you. I’ll be your giant human bear, human diary and your crying shoulder. It’s been 6 years and I still love you as if I was attracted to you 6 months after I saw you at the school cashier, I love you so much Kim Minju and happy anniversary. God bless our relationship.

 

Yours truly,

Ahn Yujin”

 

After reading this, I just felt my tears fall from my tear ducts. This fool, she was so immature back then but look at her now, she’s already a grown up. I probably look like a proud mom to her when in fact I am her girlfriend but I don’t care because she is my giant baby, my puppy and my only best girl.

 

She turned to me and I looked like a crying miserable pepe frog that didn’t catch any flies as food, she laughed at me as she kissed my hand again.

 

“I can’t give you a tight hug because I am driving, I’ll give you one as we reach the beach, okay?” She said as she fished a clean handkerchief from her pocket, wiping my tears.

 

“Thank you, my love… I love you so much~” I said as I hugged her arm.

 

“I love you more my love, give me a kiss,” she puckered her lips, leaning closer while eyeing on the road. I reached for her and gave her a soft peck on the lips, making her smile.



 

 

 

 

Kim Minju

11th of August, year 20xx || 3rd letter: L

 

It's the 3rd month of the project Long Term Proposal and good thing she's not having hints about it, she's a slow poke.

 

It's Friday night and I just came back from work, Minju is coming home tonight from her 72 hour duty, I bet she's tired.

 

I wrote her a letter earlier and brought her favorite food and prepared a grill since I'll grill some beef for her.

 

She's not yet here so I grabbed my huge bag full of paper works and started giving the kids marks on their school works. There's been a lot since I let them pile up, what a bunch of cutie pies they are.

 

I asked them to draw their dreams and they have the funniest answers but it's cute. One wants to be a mannequin, the other wants to be a dog, a convenience store owner, to be like Ms. Ahn, a titan and a corn dog. How cute.

 

I continued checking their works and attached some comments and cute stamps. It always motivates the kids to do better when suddenly I heard footsteps outside, and a knock on the door. I immediately opened the door and saw a zombie and monkey hybrid… kidding aside it was actually Minju.

 

I grabbed her bag, placing at the side as I saw her plop on the couch, looking so sleepy and tired. I laid beside her and gave her a hug, she was yawning constantly so I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

 

“Tired?” I asked as I laid on the couch comfortably, letting her lie on my body since she said it’s her favorite pillow, she embraced my body and face me while nodding and pouting, how adorable.

 

“I bought some beef for you and I got you something, should I get it?” I asked her as she hugged me tighter, making me her human cuddle plush as she yawned.

 

“You stay here, let’s just eat later~” spoiler alert, she fell asleep and read the letter the other day.

 

"August 11, 20xx

 

Doctor Kim,

 

Love, I know you’re tired and you’ll probably read this tomorrow, I just want you to know that you’re doing great and I am so proud of you. You were once dreaming of wearing that white coat and excited by the thought of it but now, you’re living it and I am very happy for you, I can’t wait for you to be a Pediatrician. It’s almost our 6th anniversary next month, we’re going on a trip that day so I hope you can make some time for us, I love you Minnie, I am so proud of you!!

 

Love, Yujin"

 

 

 

 

Ahn Yujin

11th of September, year 20xx || 4th letter: L

 

Another typical day in our domestic life, I have a long break at work since I finished my classes and grading sheets that I need to pass and Minju is on a 48 hour shift so I want to bring her some lunch.

 

I left the school and went on a bus, on my way to the nearest mall near her workplace. I bought her some bibimbap and bulgogi for our lunch and some kimbap and subway sandwiches for her snacks since she doesn't really have time to eat rice. I also prepared the 4th letter I am going to give her.

 

I went for a walk on my way to the hospital and went to the receptionist, which became a friend of mine and her name is Wonyoung

 

"Good afternoon Wonyoung ssi! Can you page Doctor Kim for me? Tell her I am waiting at the cafeteria."

 

"Sure thing Yujinnie!" She said as she started paging Minju on the intercom of the hospital.

 

I walked my way to the cafeteria and found a spot perfect for the two of us and I saw a Goddess enter the cafeteria, even if she's just wearing blue scrubs, a messy bun, and a stethoscope clinging on her neck, so what? She's still pretty in my eyes even if she looks like.

 

I smiled at her and gave her a kiss on the lips, I don't care if this is a public space, shame on homophobes.

 

"What are you doing here? I thought you have work?" She asked as she sat in front of me.

 

"Well~ I finished my work early so I have a long free time and yeah I bought you some food for you to survive the next 48 hours," I said while preparing our food.

 

"You didn't bring any noodles? Don't say the S-word okay?" She said hysterically as I nodded because eating noodles while in shift is said to believe that they can encounter worse cases when they eat noodles and when someone says the word silent, it would be jinxed.

 

"Read the letter while we eat or when you're free," I said to her as she nodded, opening the blue envelope and reading the letter and started mixing her bowl of bibimbap.

 

"September 11, 20xx

 

To My Hardworking Pepe Frog,

 

Look who's being a very hardworking, tada! It's you my love. How are you doc? Are you okay? I hope you can have time to rest and be the best doctor, because for me you are the best.

 

Just give me updates whenever you have time and if you need anything, I'll bring it to you, I'm one call away and I hope you can sleep beside me again soon. I love you doc!! I miss you so much already.

 

Your Supportive Doggo,

Ahn Yujin"

 

"Awwww thank you for this my love, this is appreciated," Minju smiled at me as I reciprocated it.

 

"But why do you keep giving me letters? What is going on?" She asked.

 

"You'll know soon, just wait for it," I simply replied, I don't want to ruin the surprise.

 

"Don't lose those letters or else…"

 

"Or else what?"

 

"You wouldn't know the reason about it," she raised her eyebrow on me as she uttered a chuckle, continued eating.

 

She thinks I'm clowning her, you'll see Kim Minju… you'll see…

 

 

 

 

Kim Minju

11th of October, year 20xx || 5th letter: Y

 

I took a leave at work to take care of Yujin, she's sick and has Viral Gastroenteritis due to the symptoms she's having such as diarrhea, vomiting and she's pale and weak.

 

This glutton, she eats a lot and doesn't mind where it came from, she should be more conscious especially she has a sensitive stomach.

 

She's lying on her bed, still vomiting from time to time and she doesn't want to eat so I'm forcing her so she can take meds.

 

"I don't want to eat," she whined while hugging her dog plushie.

 

She's seriously acting like a kid right now, which is cute but it's annoying because she's so stubborn.

 

"Ahn Yujin come on you stubborn ! You have to eat, even if I have to spoon feed you, I'll do it just for you to eat," I exclaimed.

 

"I don't wanna eat rice, I vomited and rice grains went through my nose and that really hurts," she whined as I pat her head and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

 

I swear, Yujin is the cutest whenever she's sick. She's already 24 but she acts like 4 right now, it makes me want to take care of her more.

 

"I'll just cook some mushroom soup and fruits for you to eat, you have to eat it so you can drink your meds, after that I'll give you a reward," I assured her as if I am talking to a kid or an adult.

 

"What reward is that?" She asked as she clutched closer to her puppy plushie.

 

"A cuddle, how about that?" I asked as she gave me a small weak smile.

 

"I'll go cook downstairs, just ring my phone if you need anything, the sick bucket is right beside you. If you vomited, drink water after okay?" I reminded as she nodded.

 

"Love wait, take this," She reached for her side table and handed me an envelope.

 

“Why’d you still write letters? You’re sick and weak!” I exclaimed as she sighed.

 

“Just read the letter, I have to write that… it’s important, just keep those,” she simply said as I sighed and went down to the kitchen to cook some soup for her.

 

While waiting for the soup to boil, I opened the envelope and read the letter.

 

“October 11, 20xx

 

My dearest Minnie,

 

You know that it was my childhood dream to be a doctor but I had a change of path, I am a bit envious because I shouldn’t have been a chicken and told my mom that I want to be in the medical field but I don’t have regrets, at least I am surrounded by kids on my work. I’m sorry that you have to leave work for you to take care of me, maybe I ate something bad.

 

I also apologize that I’m being a baby when I’m sick, it must've been weird that you’re taking care of a 24 year old as if she’s 4. I’ll make it up to you soon, you know that I hate getting sick but I’ll try to take care of myself more so I wouldn’t bother you, okay? I love you so much and thank you for taking care of me. I’ll be okay now.

 

From your recovering baby,

Jinjin"

 

My lips turned to an upward curve, I turned off the stove as I kept the letter on a box where I compile the letters she gave me for the past 4 months. I find this really odd because giving love letters was never her mode of affection, whenever I ask the reason why she gives me these letters, she… i don’t know, she malfunctions and blushes like crazy.

 

Seriously Ahn Yujin, what’s going on? You’re making me confused.

 

 

 

 

Ahn Yujin

11th of November, year 20xx || 6th letter: O

Tw // ual harassment

 

It’s not really a good day today, we had an argument the other day and it's been 2 days since we last talked. The cause of our fight was because of me, not telling her that my department head is ually harassing me by catcalling me or making dirty jokes about me. I thought he would stop so I let it slide, but he went overboard because he pulled me to the science lab and tried to… get in my pants and I slapped him and that event made me traumatized.

 

I honestly don’t want to tell her because I don’t want her to worry about me because she’s stressed with her duty but I realized I made it worse by not telling her, I made her upset and made her feel that she’s not my girlfriend and her responsibility as my girlfriend is being invalidated due to her work.

 

I don’t have the guts to talk to her because I felt really bad. I just go to our room and give her a kiss and say sorry when she’s asleep and I sleep in the living room because she’s pissed to be in the same room with me. Minju may look calm on the outside and angelic but she’s scary when she’s mad, she doesn’t talk to me and she shouts at me while giving me cold daggers.

 

So I have no choice but to leave a letter on our bed-side table and wait for her response. If she comes, that would be good, if not, it’s fine too.

 

“November 11, 20xx

 

Kim Minju,

 

One of the things that I really hate is hurting you. I did this action so it won’t hurt you and how dumb am I not to think that it will hurt you twice when I kept this as a secret. I’m sorry that I can’t approach you when you’re awake, I do it when you’re asleep. I give you kisses and talk to you when you’re asleep. I am too scared to approach you when you’re awake.

 

Maybe because I am scared with you gazes, looking at you reminds me of the mistake I did and I’m still in the middle of reflecting and forgetting it. I hope this clarifies the whole thing, I am mad at you because I can’t and I am the one at fault and I shouldn’t be one. I’m always intimidated by this side of you but I am trying to overcome it because it’s you, the one I love and I want to love every side of you, whether it’s positive or negative.

 

I want to say that I am sorry for keeping that incident a secret from you, I should’ve told you and I realized it caused you more stress, from now on I’ll tell you everything and not keep secrets from you (except the reason why I give you letters because you’ll know about it at the right time).

 

Ps. He’s now fired from the school and was brought to jail. As soon as you received this letter, please let me know, I want to fix this.

 

Yours Truly,

Ahn Yujin”

 

As soon as she woke up, she went down and approached me. She gave me a tight hug, we had a small deep talk and sorted it out. I realized that in this relationship, I shouldn’t let my fear take over me, it’s such a selfish emotion. I should consider her feelings too because it’s unfair for her side that even if she’s tired with work, she tries to update me with everything that happened while I keep these things to her.

 

 

 

 

Kim Minju

11th of December, year 20xx || 7th letter: U

 

It’s almost Christmas and it’s our only free time so we decided to go on an early Christmas shopping because buyers do not go to malls that much during this day, they prefer to shop a week or days before Christmas. Yujin and I are currently in the mall to buy some Christmas decorations.

 

“Love can we buy this?” Yujin asked while pushing the cart and pointing at a Christmas tree that is tall but expensive.

 

“Not that, too expens

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter