36 Our Page

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S3: Panorama of Pearls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Drama, Hurt/Comfort, Trigger Warning

Summary: The thing with Ahn Yujin is that she easily gets attached to someone who cares for her, so she did her best to troublesome. But there is this mysterious girl who sticks with Yujin throughout the summer.

Word Count: 7480

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS3_OurPage

 

Our Page

 

A tall girl is sitting at the swing of the playground and is trying to remember what happened earlier. She had caused another trouble at school today.



 

She was chosen as one of those who will answer the math question in front of the board. She doesn't have any idea on how to answer the problem that was assigned to her. But the girl beside her who was also answering the problem had looked at the math problem she was answering. Her classmate then started whispering the answer to her. Her classmate who was teaching her just wanted to help, and be friends with the tall girl, but the tall girl grew irritated at the other girl's kindness and she immediately grabbed the eraser of the whiteboard and started erasing the answer of her classmate as she frowned.

 

"What are you doing, Miss Ahn?" Her professor said after witnessing what the tall girl did.

 

The tall girl just looked down and couldn't look into her professor's eyes.

 

"Detention, Miss Ahn Yujin" The professor said as she glared at the tall girl who just rolled her eyes.




 

It was the last day of school before the summer started and yet she caused another trouble again, but don’t blame Yujin, because she just doesn’t want to be friends with anyone.


 

Just then, Yujin heard a footstep coming towards her with the scratching sound of the metal of the swing she was riding.

 

Yujin looked at the foot of the girl, to her face. Yujin saw a girl smiling so widely with her Indian dimples showing.

 

Yujin was just looking at her, waiting for whatever she was going to say. After a few seconds, the girl started to speak.

 

“Hello” the girl with indian smile had said, Yujin was uncomfortable being with anyone right now, especially when the girl in front of her looks like she is trying to befriend Yujin.

 

So Yujin just grabbed the soccer ball on the ground which she carries all the time wherever she goes and threw it to the girl. She does this to scare the girl with the domple away and eventually leave her.

 

The ball that was thrown by Yujin definitely hit the girl, but Yujin didn't expect it to hit the girl's face. Yujin wanted to apologize as the girl scrunched her face because of the sudden attack, but Yujin just looked away to show that she was not entertaining any conversation that the girl beside her started.

 

Yujin was expecting the girl to leave, but instead, she put the soccer ball down and sat to the next swing beside Yujin.

 

“Why are you alone here, at this hour?” The girl asked and Yujin just looked straight without saying anything, ignoring what the girl just said.


 

The girl was looking at Yujin as she waited for an answer. But after a few minutes of waiting, she finally decided to speak again and not wait for Yujin’s answer.

 

“If you’re going to ask me. I just got to go out for the first time in seven years. I was always in my room and this is my first time going out. I was left alone by my dad here, you see. That’s why this is the first place I went after going out of my own house” the girl said and Yujin then looked at the girl after hearing what she just said. Yujin thinks that the girl is mysterious when she said that she came out of her own room after 7years, but she can’t help but feel sad when she is told what happened to her in this place. She became curious and wanted to ask why her dad left her. Because she is in the same situation as Yujin, the only difference is that Yujin’s mom was the one who left her. Yujin opened to speak up. But she stopped herself when she saw the girl looked back at her and gave her a very kind smile.

 

Yujin then avoided looking at the girl and looked straight instead.

 

“Why are you telling me all these?” Yujin asked without looking at the girl.

 

The girl then started to push the swing with her feet and started swinging. The scratching sound of rusty metal of the swing is what can be heard as the girl is thinking about what to answer her.

 

“Just because” is what the girl said.

 

Yujin just looked at the girl who was swinging and then started to push the swing with her feet too.


 

“What’s your name?” The girl asked and looked at Yujin’s side.

 

Yujin didn’t say anything again.

 

Yujin thinks that if she keeps doing this, then maybe the girl will leave her alone. And maybe she’ll be back on her own world and causing troubles here and there. So she just tried hard to stay silent and not show any interest in whatever the girl said.

 

When the girl heard no answer again, she just smiled. “I’m Minjoo by the way” the girl said and stepped on the ground to stop the swing. She then extended her hand for a handshake to Yujin. But Yujin just looked at it and continued riding the swing. Minjoo didn't mind being ignored. Because right now she knows that someone is out here with her. And she was just happy that she got to go out after 7 years. And she knows now that she is someone, she made sure that she could blabber again for after 7 years even though the girl beside her is not responding to her. She just wanted to tell everything she wanted to as of this moment.

 

"Do you know how I got to go out of our house?" Minjoo asked as she looked at Yujin as she rides the swing.

 

Yujin just stayed silent. But she kept her ears open, ready to listen to someone else’s story. This is new to Yujin, being able to hear someone tell her something is unfamiliar. And Yujin doesn't know what to do. So she just did what she always did, acted like she doesn't care.

 

Minjoo just continues talking even though she doesn’t hear a response from Yujin.

 

“Because I tricked our maid, I gave her money and told her that she can buy anything she wants,” Minjoo said as she laughed “that was so easy” Minjoo while laughing.

 

Yujin thought that Minjoo would stop talking after that, but she didn’t, instead she continued talking and blabbering about something. This time, Minjoo had shared what she ate for dinner and technically blabber about how their maid taught her how to cook seaweed soup. For someone else, they might find the blabbering of Minjoo annoying and somewhat, boring, but Yujin doesn’t mind listening, because she doesn’t know how to cook and she knew that the next day, she will not meet Minjoo again, so she just let Minjoo talk and just listened.


 

 

Yujin thinks that they can’t meet again after yesterday, but she was wrong, she was back again on Yujin’s usual spot, in fact she was the first one to arrive.


 

She was swinging happily when Yujin saw her. Yujin shakes her head and sat on the swing too.

 

“Hey there, pup” Minjoo said while smiling.

 

Yujin frowned as she heard the nickname.

 

“Pup? Don’t call me that, I have a name you know” Yujin said as she started to push the swing too with her feet.

 

“Well, it’s a cute nickname, you look so cute, like a puppy” Minjoo said and Yujin just rolled her eyes. “And you haven’t told me your name yet so I’m calling you what I want.

 

“Well, the name is Yujin, Miss” Yujin said as she rolled her eyes.

 

“Thanks for telling me, but I prefer calling you Pup,” Minjoo said and giggled.

 

Yujin shook her head and stopped the swing. She was getting hungry today, and she wanted to eat her favorite, ddeokbokki. So she got off the swing and started walking off the ddeokbokki restaurant that just opened.

 

Minjoo saw Yujin walking away, so she got off the swing too and started following Yujin.

 

Yujin can hear footsteps behind her, and she knows who is following her.

 

She faced Minjoo who was following her and Minjoostopped as she was shocked that Yujin had suddenly stopped.

 

“Can you stop following me?” Yujin said and frowned at Minjoo.

 

Minjoo just smiled at Yujin.

 

“I’m not following you pup, can’t I go to where you are going? It’s a free country” Minjoo said as she smiled widely, revealing her dimples.

 

Yujin rolled her eyes. She doesn’t know why this girl doesn’t know how to stop. So she just let her do what she wants. She continued walking to the ddeokbokki place.




 

Yujin finished ordering first, so she sat down on the empty seat and was about to take a bite of her snack, when she saw Minjoo in front of her smiling and carrying her ddeokbokki that she ordered.


 

“Can I sit here?” Minjoo asked with a smile. Yujin was technically siting on a seat for two people. “Everywhere else is full, i think because this shop had just opened that’s why many people came” Minjoo said and YUjin looked around her, Minjoo was right. Every seat had been taken.


 

So Yujin just rolled her eyes and started eating.


 

Minjoo took the silence as a yes and sat down on the empty seat next to Yujin.


 

Yujin knows that when Minjoo has sat beside her, she will not shut up and will keep on blabbering about any topic she thinks off, any topic under the sun.

 

So when Yujin was full and wanted Minjoo to stop talking, she then started to tell Minjoo.

 

“Minjoo, can you just stay quiet even just for a minute?” Yujin asked as she frowned. Minjoo was surprised at the sudden raise of voice from Yujin, so she just started eating her snack quietly.


 

After a minute, Minjoo then looked at her watch and started blabbering again.

 

Yujin groaned angrily and rolled her eyes. “Please, stay quiet” Yujin said and Minjoo said something which made Yujin a little bit irritated.


 

“But you said to stay quiet for a minute. I did. I was looking at my watch and it was already a minute, you see” Minjoo said and Yujin rolled her eyes. She stood up and did what she thinks that will make Minjoo shut up. She was getting irritated that she can’t actually have peace. So she leaned in and grabbed Minjoo’s face with both hands. Yujin pecked at Minjoo’s lips and it worked effectively. It made Minjoo freeze on her spot and Yujin smiled as she finally heard silence from the older girl.


 

“Thank you” Yujin said and sat down and continued eating her snack while Minjoo was just frozen on her spot, still can’t believe that she actually got her first kiss.





 

Yujin thought that she could actually have another quiet day today. She was in the comic shop where you can read their books. When she felt someone sat beside her. She looked at her side and saw Minjoo reading a comic book. Yujin frowns as she sees Minjoo again. SHe can;t believe that her summer is actually being spend with someone else. But she just continued reading the comics on her hand.


 

“You know, I like Hyuk the most in the characters, too bad he became infected at the end. I think he is the coolest monster” Minjoo said and Yujin then frowned as she heard what Minjoo said


 

“No, Hyun is the coolest. He is the main character and the strongest” Yujin said, arguing to what Minjoo said.

 

And just like that, Yujin started to talk to Minjoo. Because they argued about a comic and it led them to talk to each other.









 

The two of them often meet each other on the playground. And both of them started talking about comics and anime. And Yujin started to get used to talking to someone. It was actually fun, arguing with someone about which character you like and telling anything you wanted to end the comics. It was kind of fun. A fun that Yujin didn’t expect she can feel. And she was thankful that Minjoo was talkative and doesn't ran out of topic to share.

 

 



 

 

It was another day of their meeting and when Yujin came, she saw Minjoo who was laying down on a mat she probably brought. Minjoo heard footsteps and she knew by then that they were from Yujin.


 

“Hey pup” Minjoo greeted as she looked straight, watching the stars twinkle.


 

Yujin just stood on the swing and started to push the swing to move.


 

“The stars are so lovely, pup. Look at them” Minjoo said as she admires the stars. Yujin stopped the swing with her feet and looked up.



 

“Yeah, they’re amazing, they’re so pretty,” Yujin said as she witnessed how beautiful the stars were.


 

“Come here, you can see them without tiring your neck by looking up” Minjoo said and tap the empty space of the mat beside her.


 

Yujin then obeyed and as she was lying down on the mat besides Minjoo, she started to talk.



 

“You know why I always get so irritated and always prefer being alone?” Yujin asked Minjoo without looking at her. Minjoo looked at Yujin and didn't say a word. Yujin just continued talking.

 

“Because I was afraid that I must be left alone. That’s why I always tried to cause troubles so that people would leave me. I have a best friend back then, she was Wonyoung. We were so close and we treated each other as sisters. We were so happy but then, she left me after she had been diagnosed with leukemia and it was on the 5th stage. She died and left me alone” Yujin started. Minjoo doesn’t know what to say, she just looks at Yujin who has her eyes start to fill with tears.


 

“Maybe I was pushing people away because I don’t want to get attached and be left alone again” Yujin continued and this time, tears started to fall from her eyes. Minjoo then hugged Yujin and Yujin just continued to cry.

 

This was the first time that Yujin said something besides sharing stories about anime and comics. So Minjoo was really surprised when she started to hear Yujin’s story. She just wanted to comfort Yujin throughout the night and wipe her tears away.


 

That night felt like they became closer as they let each other share their stories about their lives. They are happy they get to meet each other with comfort and warmth.




 

Yujin is the type to get attached to someone who shows even a small care for her. But she just pushes them away and shuts herself out because she is afraid. Afraid to be left alone if she became too attached to that person. So was just using this as her defense for her heart to not be broken. But this girl with her is different. Yujin is usually being left alone when she does something to show that she is not interested in a friendship, but this girl is different, for 3 weeks she had been with Yujin even though Yujin doesn't talk much when they meet. All Minjoo did is just talk about anything. Yujin will be lying if she says that she doesn't enjoy listening to Minjoo. Because Minjoo has always been good with words and she talks interestingly about anything. And Yujin was happy that she got to know Minjoo, she was thankful that Minjoo is hardheaded too because she didn’t give up on Yujin.



 

Yujin spend every day with Minjoo as they decided to do something every day. And they are happy with each other’s company.



 

The two friends met again at the playground just like they both had telepathy. They knew what time and what date they would go to the playground to see each other.

 

Yujin was the first one to arrive. And she immediately sat on the swing to wait for Minjoo. She thinks that Minjoo is sneaking out so she is a little late compared to the other time she arrived at their usual meeting place. But after a few minutes, Minjoo arrived. Yujin was looking down as she heard the footsteps from Minjoo so she looked from her foot to her face, and she was standing there with her smile, showing her indian dimples. Yujin smiled and giggled as she remembered how they first met. It was like this.

 

“Why? Something funny?” Minjoo asked as she made those curious eyes

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter