18 Melody and Colors

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S3: Panorama of Pearls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Art, Fluff, Music, Romance, School

Summary: ”You are the beautiful melody that brings color in my monochromatic canvas.” Yujin is an artist who doesn’t have creativity, inspiration. She only uses black and white colors, met Minjoo, a broken pianist.

Word Count: 7691

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS3_MelodyandColors

 

Melody and Colors

 

Yujin’s POV

 

Grabbing the canvas and putting it to the easel, priming it while thinking about what to paint. Taking a glance beside me, I see the piano that reminds me of you. I decided what to paint. Moving my hand freely just thinking about you and me, us. I suddenly smiled when I remembered our first encounter. I laughed when I realized that you have so much effect on me. In the past, I spent so many hours just to have inspiration but when you came it’s not just inspiration that you give me even the subject.

 

*Flashback*


 

‘Aisshhhh, what should I draw?’ falling deep in my mind, thinking what should I draw. I grab the pencil and start to draw. After an hour, I felt a tapping on my shoulder. I ignore it 'Some details and shadings it's almost done. Maybe after the class, I can give this and get the payment for this commissioned portrait.'

 

"Can't you see I'm doing something here?! " I whispered yell.

"Ms. Ahn Yujin, please answer the equation on the board, "the teacher said while looking at me. I looked at her with an apologetic smile plastered on my face and slowly walked towards the board. Guess what, I'm saved because of the ringing of the bell.'Today is my lucky day'.

 

"We will continue this on Monday, class dismissed." the teacher said dismissing us.

 

"Hey, it's vacant time, let's go to the cafeteria or somewhere else but not in this room."Hyewon said calmly.

"Let's go!"Yena yells excitedly, dragging Chaeyeon outside.

"Yahhh, stop dragging me will you?"Chaeyeon said.

"Those two, really"Hyewon stated.

"Eyyy don't act like you're not the one who's bickering with Yena everyday" I stated.

"Yahhh! Why are you two so slow, it's like you're frozen on your feet."

" Let's go to the cafeteria," I said, then dragged Hyewon.

 

After buying from the counter, we go to a vacant table to eat.

 

"I saw that you're drawing earlier during Math class, is it commissioned?"Chaeyeon asked.

"Yes," then I continue adding details.

"May I see?"

"Wow, as expected Ahn Yujin"Yena exclaimed.

"Oh, it's Gyuri from the other section right?"

"Yes, she said it's their project"

 

I lift the portrait that I made to look at it if it's ok. Then, I heard gasps from my friend and I felt that my hands got wet. I'm regretting that I said that I'm lucky today, I spoke too early. Looking at my hand then at the portrait that I made, my vision became blurred. I think I'm gonna faint.

 

“Yujin!? What happened?.”I heard Chaeyeon say. I saw the culprit looking worriedly at me.

“Are you ok?! Do you need to go to the clinic?” Then she looked at my friends. ”Is she hydrophobic?”

“No. I'm not. I'm fine but.. Why!?.”Breathing heavily while glaring at her.

Then she gave my friends a questioning look.

“Aisshh!” I yelled, then I walked out of the scene.

 

*Flashback ends*

 

I laughed at the memory. I heard some stifle laughs then the door finally creaked open. I smiled at the person who entered.

“What are you doing?” the person asked sitting beside me.

“Isn't it obvious? I’m painting lol”

“Grumpy as always.”

“I'm not grumpy ok.”

“Ok ok, I'm just teasing you. So what are you painting?”

“Just watch Minjoo unnie,” I said while smirking at her.

“Eyyy, ok ok” then she went to the piano and she started playing.

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

Yujin’s POV

 

“Aishh, I skipped 2 classes already just to finish this commissioned portrait.”I whispered under my breath, walking on this empty hallway.’Why am I the only one here? It’s creepy to walk alone in this part of the school’.I jumped when I heard someone playing the piano. The melody is familiar, I walk slowly towards the slightly open door of the music room.’ ahh, that’s why it's familiar.’

“Pshhh, you can only play ‘Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star’?Even a kindergarten student can play that” I said that made her shocked.’She looks like a surprise frog’ I laugh at my thought.

 

Minjoo’s POV

 

I thought I'm the only one here. I rolled my eyes when I heard what she said. I looked at her then I realized that she is the grumpy one who walked out earlier at the cafeteria.

 

“Pshhh, you can only play ‘Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star’?Even a kindergarten student can play that” How about showing my talent just a little bit, like a tiny bit. I decided to play a snippet of

Chopin’s Ballade No.1 In G Minor, Op 23. I glanced at her and a smirk was plastered on my face when I saw her jaw dropped. When it’s already the chorus I was enjoying it until I saw some shadows and heard whispers coming from them.

“That’s all?”

”There’s nothing special on her”

“I agree, I wonder how she won that competition.”

 

I started to panic when I heard those words, I pressed the wrong keys, and the rhythm started to crumble, I couldn't hear the melody from the piano. All I hear are the whispers of those people. All I can see is the disappointment on their faces.No matter how hard I press the keys I can't hear the melody. I pressed the key for one last time then lifted my hand away from the piano and my mind started to ache all of those memories that I wanted to forget, it rushed back in like it was happening again. I looked at her confusion written all over her face.

 

Yujin’s POV

 

Her piano skills are uncanny. Minutes later the way she plays suddenly changed. I ran to her when she suddenly fainted. I heard my phone ringing,its Hyewon.

 

“Hello-”

“Hyewon, help me! I’m in the music room”

“Ya, why did you ditch the classes-”

“Enough with the talk, just go here!”

“But-” I hung up on her.

 

I lifted Minjoo unnie and placed her on one of the audience seats. Where’s Hyewon though 5 minutes have already passed. Don’t tell me she picked up Chaeyeon and Yena before going here. I looked and saw a freshman walking outside.

 

“Hey, can you pick up my friends?”

“Why would I? Who are you to order someone like that?”The audacity of this

“Do you know who’s the COO of this school?”

“N-No”

“No? Then I guess you should obey my words so that-.” looking at him with the scariest face that I can make.

“Yes, ma'am!”He ran before I finished my word.

“-you’ll find out” I just whispered the last three words.

 

Three minutes had passed and the three arrived.

“Ya! What did you do to that freshman? He was pale like he saw a ghost when we saw him at the entrance of this building.”Yena said.

“I just asked him to help me find you lol”

“Are you sure that is it?”Chaeyeon asked.

“Yeah. Anyway, help me lets bring her to the clinic”

“Who’s that?”Hyewon asked.

“Enough talk, let’s bring her to the clinic”

After bringing her to the clinic we’re just waiting for Eunbi to come and check her.

“Ahn Yujin.What happened?”Hyewon asked seriously.

“I don’t know, ok? I’m just watching her play piano then when I look at her she looks uncomfortable. After a while, she lost her consciousness.”I said to answer her question.

“Eunbi is already here, ” Yena said.

“What happened to her?”

“She fainted while playing the piano. ”Chaeyeon answered.

 

After a couple of minutes of waiting for her to wake up, the nurse opens the door.

“She’s awake now” the nurse in charge informed us.

 

We walk inside the room where she’s in. She looks tired and pale.

“Are you ok?”Eunbi asked with gentleness in her voice.

“Yes, I am. Thank you for bringing me here. The nurse said that after an hour I can leave already.”She stated while a small smile is plastered on her lips.

“Yujin, since you’re the one with Minjoo earlier you better walk her home. Don't worry her house is just near your house.”

“Ok, I know that I don't have a choice anyways ”

 

Hour passed, it’s just Eunbi, Hyewon, Minjoo, and me. Yena and Chaeyeon went home first.

“Let’s go home. Eunbi I walked you home, Yujin you better support Minjoo while walking ok?”

“Yes, don’t worry.”

 

We’re surrounded by awkward silence while walking home. At last, we arrived at her house, she seems fine so I didn't need to support her that much. Just like Eunbi said earlier it is really near my place I can see the house from here.

 

Since I don't even know her full name I don’t like to say lame goodbyes even though I am waiting for her to say a single ‘thank you’.

“I’m ok here so you don’t need to worry” Minjoo stated.

“Who said I’m worried!?” I unclasped my arms around her waist. When I was about to walk away some devil force tripped me. I glared at her. This devil with an angel-looking face pisses me off.

 

“What?!” Minjoo defends herself even though I’m not saying a single word.

“I’m not even saying a thing and you’re already guilty”

“Guilty of what?” she really pisses me off. She should be thankful that I'm not hot-headed.

“Aish!! After I help you this will be your payback, how nice of you isn't it?” I muttered.

“Then, Thank you,” she said without even an ounce of sincerity. Just wait, I’ll take my revenge. I smirked at my thought.

 

Minjoo’s POV

 

What is that? I didn’t mean to irritate her, I just wanted to a bit. I better say sorry tomorrow.

“Maybe I just need to rest my body and mind again,” I said to myself.


 

I woke up after a good hour of sleep. I prepared what I needed, and did my morning routine. I went down to eat breakfast and I saw the maid preparing breakfast.

 

“Good Morning ma'am”

“Good Morning,” I said and went directly to the dining table. I looked around, I’m the only one here though.

“Breakfast is ready maam” I just nodded as an answer, I don’t have the appetite to eat so after a few bites I ready myself for school. As always I am early so no one would interrupt me in the music room. I decided to play a bit. I decided to play Piano Sonata No.14, Op.27 No.2. I heard some footsteps but I ignored it, maybe it’s just a guard roaming around.

 

Yujin’s POV

 

I was walking through the hallways of the music rooms when I heard a piano sound. I realized that the sound came from the room where I saw Minjoo playing piano yesterday. I peeked through the door and it is indeed her. I walked out when I felt my phone vibrate. It’s a text from Hyewon saying she’s already in the school and asking me where I am. I replied to her that I’m in the music room. After a while, Hyewon came and I could see confusion written on her face. I signal her to keep quiet and look at the room.

 

“Kim Minjoo?” she said.

“You know her?” she nodded.

“How?”

“I already saw her at some piano recital and competitions.”

“Ahhh.I forgot that you’re a pianist.”

“You’re interested in her?”

“Not really, I’m just curious since her face is not familiar when I met her yesterday”

“She’s good at playing the piano. I’m wondering why she stopped joining competitions” she stated. I tore my gaze away from her when my phone vibrated again. It’s Chaeyeon saying that 1st class was about to start. We heard the last note of the piece she’s playing then we walked to our classroom. Just right on time, we arrived and Minjoo followed. Hyewon and I were just chatting since our seats were just near when we heard the sound of heels. We’re shocked when this little woman entered our classroom. I thought there would be only one transferee or am I wrong?

“Ms.are you lost?”Yena asked. The woman walked towards the table, placed her bag on the seat, and picked the chalk.

 

“Good morning class! I’m your new teacher in English class since this is our first meeting. How about let’s introduce ourselves first? My name is…..” blah blah blah. I’m not interested in what they’re saying, I just focused my attention on my drawing. I'm trying a new technique. Someone’s tapping my shoulder. It feels like Deja vu, but I ignore it, maybe it's just Hyewon or Yena playing a trick on me.

 

“Good morning everyone, Roses are red, violets are blue, I don’t know why it’s blue, by the way, I’m Kim Minjoo.” so she’s a poet now. I continued my drawing since Minjoo is sitting in front as far as I know or so I thought.

“What are you doing?” I heard someone asked beside me.

“Are you blind?” I asked without looking until I felt someone gently kicking my shoes. I slowly turned my gaze at her, it took a couple of seconds before I realized that it's not Hyewon or Chaeyeon, it's the angelic witch! What?! How come that she’s here beside me. I thought her seat was in front.

 

“Miss. it’s your turn to introduce yourself” she stated with a hint of authority in her voice. I stood up and straightly said ”My name is Ahn Yujin” after I stated my name I already took my seat when I heard the witch beside me muttering something. Is she casting some spell?! I realized that my thoughts are pathetic, I heard some stifled laugh. I looked around and saw Hyewon and Yena laughing while holding a phone pointed towards me. Are they filming me?! . They will surely be kicked out of the room if the teacher saw them. Just like what I thought,” Kang Hyewon, Choi Yena get out of my class if you're not interested and just doing something in your world, you too, Ahn Yujin.Do you think I didn't know what you’re doing earlier huh?!”We stood up to walk outside when we heard a familiar laugh.

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHA”

“Lee Chaeyeon!Get out!” She’s fuming in anger hahahaha.

 

*Time skip*

 

It’s already 1 PM, afternoon classes are suspended since the teachers are in a meeting but we’re still not allowed to go home. I’m looking for a place where I could draw peacefully, the music room suddenly came into my mind. I go there and just like I thought there’s no other student. I grabbed my pencil and sketchbook, I started to draw guidelines then start the anatomy. Just some shadings and details there I’m almost finished when I heard some footsteps, I peeked then I saw the transferee, Kim Minjoo walking towards this music room where I’m in. It’s a perfect time for an act of simple revenge.

 

Minju’s POV

 

Walking towards the music room while humming, ’It’s such a good day’ I thought. Entering the music room, I looked around and I feel relieved there’s no one aside from me inside. I walked towards the piano. I opened the lid and was about to remove the cloth covering the keys when someone spoke behind me. It's Ahn Yujin.

 

Since we’re just the one who’s here I decided to play the piano. I removed the cloth covering the piano keys when the nightmare of my life appeared in front of me. I panicked and the next thing I know I’m already on the floor, heavily breathing. I heard her laughing then stopped when she probably realized that I’m having a panic attack.

“Hey, hey relax. Aishh, what did I do? I didn’t even think that maybe she had a phobia of cockroaches.”

I heard her blaming herself, so she planned this.

 

“Breathe in, breathe out. Relax, ok?”She took bottled water and gave it to me. She walked near the piano and settled herself on the seat. I looked at her intently when she positioned her hand above the keys like she’s ready to play the piano. She started so well, she’s playing ‘Nandemonaiya’. It makes me calm and my breathing is stable now. The chorus is near, I burst out laughing when I heard what she’s singing.

“I, I, I, I’m a little butterfly” she sang. She stopped playing the piano and walked towards me.

 

“W-what are you playing hahaha'' I said while laughing. I can’t breathe hahaha I thought that it's ‘Nandemonaiya’ hahaha

 

“Huh? I don't know either. I just heard it somewhere before” she innocently stated. Hahahaha still I can’t hold my laughter. Then suddenly the bell starts to ring, indicating that it’s time to go home.

 

“Let’s go. I’ll treat you anything you want as my apology” she stated and gathered her things including mine. She walked away carrying our bag.

“Thank you.”I said.

“For what?For carrying your bag? It’s only one time, just because I did something wrong to you.”

“For walking me home yesterday night.”

“Ahh that. You’re welcome.” We walked out of the building and we saw Hyewon with Eunbi. They’re close now huh.

“Are the two of them dating?” I asked. Anyone who sees those two will come up to the thought that they have some sort of relationship.

 

“Where do you want to eat?”Yujin asked. I looked around and saw a cafe.

“Sapphire cafe. Let’s go there.”

“I think it’s a new cafe. Let’s go”

“Wow, the interior is great. It’s vintage-oh look there’s cassette tape and vinyls.”

“Let’s go and order something to eat.”We looked for a seat and saw the two again.

“Let’s sit with them, I know they wouldn’t mind it,” Yujin said. She’s so numb, I’m sure Hyewon would be pissed if we barged in on their date.

“Hey, there’s a vacant table there. Let’s just sit there.”I pulled her towards the table.

“What do you want to eat? Don’t worry I’ll be the one to pay.”Since she’s the one to pay, might as well revenge on her prank.

“I want a cappuccino, a chocolate-flavored cake, chocolate ice cream, and a cup of hot chocolate. I guess that’s all that I want.”

“You might have diabetes because of your orders. Anyway, are you sure that’s all?”

“Yes!”
“Ok, just wait here. I’ll order”

 

Yujin’s POV

 

“I want a cappuccino, a chocolate-flavored cake, chocolate ice cream, and a cup of hot chocolate. I guess that’s all that I want.” I was shocked when I heard what she said. L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter