03 I bloom (just for you)

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S3: Panorama of Pearls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Fantasy, Fluff, Romance, 

Summary: The fairy just smiled.

“Everyone can use a little bit of kindness in their life. A ray of hope, a reason to smile, a will to live, a presence to love — a friend.”

Yujin’s dead heart felt like it wanted to beat again. or where Minjoo and Yujin find their way to each other.

Word Count: 3171

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS3_IBloom

 

I bloom (just for you)

 

“You are back early today.” The fairy comments, noticing the arrival of the grim reaper without turning around, their focus on the flowers in front of them. 

 

Yujin chuckles, “Yeah, the last person was an old lady, she was so ready to leave.”

 

Minjoo giggles at the last part, twinkling and Yujin swears she saw a flower bloom by the corner of her eye. 

 

Yujin clutches the flower she got for them, in her gloved hand tightly and clears to get attention from the busy fairy. 

 

When she realizes, that she is not going to get any answer back, she couldn’t stop the pout gracing her lips. 

 

“Minmin,” Yujin whines and then mentally slaps herself. She is supposed to be the scary and deadly, literally, grim reaper but here she is, in a garden full of flowers, pouting and whining like a kid. 

 

Yujin straightens up and finds her way to where Minjoo is paying more attention to some tulips rather than her. 

 

Yujin eyes the flowers as if they had personally offended her and scoffs. 

 

‘I can literally burn them with my one touch’, She thinks to herself but then, shakes her head because, ‘No. Minmin will be too sad and their hard work will go to waste.’

 

Minjoo finally looks at her and fails to stifle their laugh at the pouty expression on her face. 

 

“Well, somebody wants my attention,” Minjoo teases. 

 

Yujin scoffs, “This somebody has bought you a gift but you are too busy with your flowers, even though you are with them all the time!” 

 

Minjoo perks at the mention of the word ‘gift’, their wings fluttering excitingly. 

 

Yujin smiles and presents the flower she was hiding behind her back.

 

A lily. 

 

Minjoo smiles at the sight of the withering flower in Yujin’s hands. 

 

Yujin wears gloves so she doesn’t burn out the flower immediately but her powers are too strong, even when covered, which makes her upset most of the time cause she just wanna give Minjoo pretty and fully bloomed flowers — not the ones that are withering and dead like her. 

 

But Minjoo still takes her flowers with an endeared smile and soft glow on their cheeks. They still kiss the barely alive petals of the flowers and Yujin swears the petals flutter before drying out completely.

 

Minjoo admires the dried out lily before setting it aside so they can put it with their other collection of ‘Yudings’s flowers’. 

 

“Yudings, can you give me just five more minutes? The tulips are feeling weird today and that is making me sad.” Minjoo frowns, glancing at their flowers concerningly. 

 

“Of course, Min. Take your time.” Yujin says softly and watches as her little fairy flutters around and tries their best to make the flowers feel better. 

 

Since Minjoo is so tiny, they can only focus on one emotion at a time or else, they get too overwhelmed which is really not good for a fairy.

 

Yujin diverts her attention to the garden and closes her eyes to breathe in the soothing and calming smell of nature. Being surrounded with death all the time. She was too used to the rotten smell of it. She felt the tears of those who were sad to leave their families behind, anger of the people who had their own plans but their lifespan is now over. Once in a while, there were people who were just at peace, ready to leave their lives behind cause they had nothing left there, mostly newborn kids or the elderly. They were Yujin’s favorites. 

 

But that all changed on the day when Minjoo came into her life.

 

 

That day, Yujin was just so sad, which was kind of ironic for a grim reaper. 

 

She had to take the soul of a little kid but she kept crying and asking for her parents. She kept asking her to take her home, kept saying that her younger sibling is going to come home soon and she has to meet them but that was not in Yujin’s hand. 

 

Her job was to take the kid’s soul to the afterlife. She was helpless here. But the cries of the kid kept ringing in her head, haunting her. 

 

The personification of death itself was crying for a little kid. 

 

Upset from that experience, on her way back from the bridge between afterlife and the death realm, she saw the piece of heaven itself. 

 

A garden. In the realm of Death. 

 

Yujin was sure she never saw it before, considering she walks through this place countless times a day. 

 

Curious, Yujin led herself in the garden and was shocked to see how well kept it was. While looking around more, she figured no one was here so she sat by a huge tree and rested her eyes for a good minute, taking in the peace of the moment and her surroundings until she heard a shriek of horror and suddenly jumped up, startled. 

 

She stood up and looked around but she still couldn’t see anyone but there was this low constant sound of bells ringing and Yujin was sure that she was hallucinating all this experience. 

 

“You killed all my flowers!!!” A voice yells, really close to her ear and Yujin was so ing confused. 

 

What is happening? 

 

Yujin kept looking here and there, wanting to find the source of the voice when suddenly a little creature was in front of her face, clearly angry. 

 

Yujin jumped back startled at the sudden appearance of this … little person with wings? 

 

Yujin kept looking at them which made the tiny person in front of her more angry.

 

Are they literally turning red from anger? 

 

“Um,” Yujin started off. “Are you, perhaps an angel?” 

 

The tiny person appeared to be more offended at her statement. 

 

“No!! Haven’t you seen a fairy before? And don’t mention angels before. We don’t get along with them.” 

 

“Why? Aren’t angels supposed to be all nice and sweet?” Yujin asked, genuinely curious. 

 

“They think they are better than us and have the audacity to call us ‘wannabe angels’ cause we are kind of small in size!” The fairy ranted, with a grumpy pout on their face.

 

“Oh,” Yujin replied, not knowing what to say to their confession. 

 

Who knew angels can be mean? 

 

“But you!” The fairy pointed a finger at her while glaring at her and Yujin was just baffled by the fact she was so intimidated by a tiny person with wings. “You killed my flowers.”

 

Yujin shook her head and then, looked around her and oh. 

 

The place where Yujin sat with green mellow grass and tiny flowers growing were now destroyed and burnt and it was all her fault. 

 

“Oh my,’’ Yujin whispered in horror and looked at the fairy with apologetic eyes. 

 

“I am so sorry! I just saw your garden and I felt so sad today so I just — I didn’t mean to! I’m a Yujin, no wait — I’m a grim reaper so I can’t control this but I forgot and , I am really sorry.” 

 

Yujin didn’t know why she closed her eyes somewhere mid-ranting but when she heard a soft giggle, her eyes opened in shock. 

 

The fairy stood in front of her, giggling with their wings fluttering and Yujin kind of believes that their laugh has a healing power cause she was feeling great right now. 

 

[She also has this urge to make the fairy laugh for her whole existence but shh, she will never admit it out loud.]

 

“Don’t worry about it!” The fairy exclaimed. They flew towards her and circled around her head and Yujin saw stars for the first time that weren’t in the sky. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter