20 violet and aster

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S3: Panorama of Pearls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Action, Angst, Fluff, Hurt/Comfort, Romance, School, Slice of Life

Summary: Minju's wrist glows upon touching her skin with the person she despises the most. Would she be able to accept that Yujin is her soulmate for life?

Or would Yujin succeed in changing the mean girl's heart?

Word Count: 9404

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS3_VioletAster

 

violet and aster

 

tw // abuse

 

A/N: There are some parts that may trigger or upset you but it’ll be fine if you skip it as it may be important yet it will be mentioned later without any triggering words so even if you don’t read it, you can still keep it up with the plot!!



 

-------------



 

“Kim Minju!”



 

Minju stands up straight before walking to the front. “Good job, Minju-ya” Ms. Park smiles at her. She just bows and went back to her place while folding her result paper. As soon as she takes her seat, she slowly peeks through. “Please, please, please.” She mumbles as the ranking is slowly getting revealed. But right before she can see the number, Ms. Park announces the ranking, crushing her hopes. “Congratulations to Ahn Yujin for getting 1st place again.” Minju fumes in anger but holds it in while crumpling the result paper.




 

“For those who failed to reach your target, you have done your best so don’t be sad and work hard again, okay?” Ms. Park says, trying to encourage her students before walking out of the class. As soon as she is out of sight, Minju tries to go to the rooftop but Yuri who senses her best friend’s uneasiness immediately holds her wrist, knowing where and what she is going to do. “Min…” Minju grits her teeth, trying to suppress her enraged anger. “Let’s go somewhere else, okay?” Yuri notices how Minju’s body relaxes a bit so she immediately stands up and pulls the taller girl outside of the class.







 

Right after she makes sure the door is locked, Yuri hugs the Omega girl. “You have done your best, right?”



 

Minju silently nods which can be noticed by Yuri. She the taller girl’s hair. “I know Uncle Taejoon won’t be satisfied by it but please know, we are all proud of you, Min.” Yuri tightens her hug, trying her best to assure her friend that she has done a very great job, which she really is. “If your father goes way too far, know that you can always text me and I'll be on your window right away, okay?”



 

Minju hums in silence as her raging breathing has stopped, replaced by rather calm breathing. Yuri breaks the hug and stares right into her eyes. “I’ll be there.”









 

TW // physical and mental abuse











 

Oh, Minju knows really well that Yuri isn’t lying but now all her mind can chant is ‘Yuri is lying. You are so stupid. You are such a failure’ when her father’s rough palm touches her face. There is a loud sound accompanying it as per usual. Minju is a little bit too familiar with this whole combination of pain, sound, and anger inserted inside the slap of her own father that she didn't even bother to be shocked.



 

“WHAT THE HELL IS THIS, KIM MINJU?” Minju huddles backward as her father pushes her shoulder using his finger hard, knuckles turning white from the clenching. “It’s such a shame you are not an Alpha but being this stupid after all the tutors and academy I’ve paid for you? What the hell are you thinking you are doing, Kim Minju?!” Minju remains silent as she puts her head down. “Second place?” Minju hears how her father scoffs in disbelief before approaching her again. “Are you for real, Kim Minju?”



 

Another slap delivered onto her reddening cheek. The sting creeping up her face again as she cups her cheek. “Look at me, Kim Minju!” She keeps her head down, too scared of this human she can’t believe she called her own father. She whimpers in pain as her father grabs her hair, forcing her to face him. “How stupid could you actually get? I told you to get first place! Not the freaking second place!”



 

Another slap comes and she can't bear the pain anymore. Her face tilts to the right. Her disheveled hair covering her red cheeks. Minju tries to straighten her back again but a kick suddenly hits her stomach. She screams in pain as she falls down to the floor, grabbing her stomach which is now throbbing in pain.



 

“HOW CAN YOU NOT GET FIRST PLACE AFTER EVERYTHING I HAVE DONE FOR YOU?!” Minju whines in pain as she watches her father tearing up the paper into pieces.

 

She knew it. The moment Ms. Park announced it, she knew that this was coming.



 

But why can’t she bear with the pain?



 

Why does it still hurt to see your hard work being shredded into pieces?



 

Minju keeps crying in silence while her body is trembling from all the pain she received. “Useless.” She eyes her father as he stomps his way out of the room. Her trembling hands reach the phone lying on the floor. The room is filled with her heavy and labored breathing. With her trembling finger, she unlocks the phone and dials Yuri’s number.



 

“Want me to come over?” Without saying hello, Yuri’s wobbly and husky voice comes out from the phone. A low hum is the only thing that comes out from Minju’s lips. “I’ll be there.”



 

Yuri knocks on the window softly, trying not to alarm Minju’s father. After getting no response, she peeks inside and spots Minju lying on the floor. She isn’t sure if the other girl is unconscious since her back is facing her. She slowly slides the unlocked window and sneaks in. As soon as she makes sure the door and windows are all locked, she walks toward the crying girl carefully.



 

“Minju.”



 

“...”



 

“It’s me, Yuri.”



 

Yuri gasps silently as Minju suddenly snaps her head upwards to see Yuri. Yuri can feel her heart clenched at the sight of Minju’s broken state. Her eyes are red and Yuri can see how frightened she is right now.



 

“Y-yuri…”



 

Yuri sits down in front of the taller and gently shushing her, trying to be soothing, not wanting her to hurt her raw throat anymore. Telling her not to waste energy trying to talk, she understands what’s needed and wanted until the crying girl falls deep into slumber.















 

Weeks after the incident, Minju walks inside the class and the first pair of eyes she meets today is none other than the mighty and cocky Alpha, Ahn Yujin. The latter sneers before averting her gaze away. Minju rolls her eyes at the Alpha's annoying smirk before walking to the back and taking her seat.



 

“Min, wanna hang out later after school at the coin karaoke?” Yuri suddenly asked. “Should I?” “Yeah, it’s been a long time since you joined me and Yena!” Minju thinks it won't hurt if she loosens her grip on study for a while. “Okay, but you need to treat me cheeseballs after that, okay?” The Omega nods eagerly as her face beams with her bright smile. “Yeay, Minguri is going to sing!” Minju just shakes her head upon seeing her friend’s child-like demeanor.









 

Minju sighs in annoyance after putting her things inside her locker which is noticed by the taller girl beside her. “What’s with the sigh, Kim Minju?” Minju crumples the poor test papers with annoyance. “Can’t you stop making me look like an idiot for at least a day, Ahn Yujin?” Yujin covers her nose as the intoxicating bitter lavender and vanilla scent Minju emits invading her nostrils.



 

“But you aren’t an idiot though?” Yujin carefully releases her calming dark chocolate and cinnamon, trying to calm the raging Omega. Minju slams her locker door hard, causing the other girl to flinch. “What are you trying to do?!” Minju slams Yujin’s body to the lockers, producing a loud bang sound and a groan slipping out from the Alpha’s lips. She hisses in annoyance but deep inside, Minju is confused as to why Yujin’s scent calms her nerves.



 

“Whoa, relax. Your scent is making people uncomfortable, you know. Plus, those Alphas behind you are looking at you like some kind of prey.” Yujin explains carefully while raising her hands to the air`signing that she has no bad intention. Minju huffs in annoyance again before turning her head around and Yujin was right. Some alpha boys from other classes were staring at her hungrily. She lets go of her grip on Yujin’s blazer. Yujin lets out a small chuckle before putting on her backpack after locking her locker.



 

“By the way, you are not an idiot, Kim Minju. Just a little bit less smart than me.” Yujin annoyingly smiles before walking away before the shorter one can hit her or something.





 

Minju’s bitter scent arouses to the air again that it can surely be inhaled from far as Yuri slows her steps toward her Omega friend whose vein is throbbing in her neck. She eyes her carefully before tapping her shoulder after the taller lets out an exasperated sigh.

 

“What is taking you so long, Kim Minju?” Yuri looks at her with concern filling her expression. It’s always scary when Minju gets mad. “It’s the annoying brat again,” Minju mumbles under her breath. “Ahn Yujin?” Minju just nods, not able to spit out any word without sounding like she is going to kill the “annoying brat”.

 

Yuri faces this situation many times before but it still gives her shivers about how scary Minju can be. She draws uneven circles on the back of her friend. “Let’s go?” Minju closes her eyes before releasing a heavy breath. Yuri’s body relaxes after the bitter scent slowly dissipates into thin air. Minju then walks first followed by the shorter girl towards the school’s gate with the karaoke bar as their destination.



 

---



 

Ahn Yujin who is sneakily following the two girls startled when someone clings their arm on her neck. “What are you trying to do, Ahn?” She looks aside and lets out a relieved sigh as it was just her best friend, Choi Yena. “Nothing?” Yena snickers before nudging Yujin’s stomach with her elbow.



 

“You’re following Minju, right?” Yujin halts abruptly before she pushes Yena away playfully.



 

“What the heck, Choi?!” Yena withdraws her arm from Yujin’s neck before putting both of them inside her hoodie’s pockets. Yujin denies Yena’s accusation with a frown on her face. “I’m just going back home!” Yena shrugs her shoulder, not believing the girl. “Well, if you say so. I gotta go, see you later, Yujin.” Yena then skips her way toward her girlfriend and hugs Yuri from the back before kissing the latter on her cheek. Yujin who witnesses the act can only furrowed her eyebrows.



 

”Whipped.”



 

She follows the girls from behind carefully, not risking herself getting caught by the one and only Kim Minjoo. Well, it isn’t like she is going to follow them. It is just she wants to go to karaoke too but she decides to go to the one they are going to, that’s why she follows the trio.











 

They finally arrived at the karaoke room. Her eyebrows furrow as it is the karaoke bar she usually goes to.



 

“I’m wasting my time following them. I should have just come here for God’s sake!”



 

She stops her steps and waits for a good five minutes before entering the karaoke bar. She eyes her surroundings before letting out a breath of relief when there is no sign of Kim Minju.





 

“How long, Ahn Yujin?” Yujin darts her gaze toward the cashier which is her close friend now. “How long does the previous group of friends take?” “Two hours. Why?” Yujin cheekily smiles. “I want two hours too, Jeongyeon unnie.” Yujin slides on a few pieces of money across the counter which are accepted by Jeongyeon who has a smug expression all over her face. “Is the tallest one your girlfriend, Yujin?” Yujin immediately straightens up her body and growls in displease. “No! And never will she be my girlfriend, euw!” Yujin snatches the receipt away from Jeongyeon’s hand before walking away. “Thanks, unnie!” She chuckles as she walks to the assigned room written on the receipt.



 

Yujin’s mind suddenly flashes the image of Jeongyeon’s wrist. An “N” letter with an aster carved on it. Then, an image of a young woman with a checkered brown blazer with a white t-shirt suited with a mustard palazzo flashes right after. It’s Im Nayeon, Jeongyeon’s soulmate. Yujin smiles as she remembers how shocked Jeongyeon was when Nayeon told her that she is the gorgeous woman’s soulmate. Honestly, Yujin doesn’t trust this soulmate thingy that much but if ever she finds her soulmate, she will feel bad for her soulmate for having someone like her.



 

A secretive and closeted person. Oh, how she will hate it if she gets a soulmate like herself. Imagine having a soulmate who doesn't even talk about herself. That . Yujin shakes her head slowly, ending her daydreaming.



 

Yujin pushes the door and comes inside before sitting down on the couch. “Now what song should I sing?” She mumbles while flipping the book containing the tracklist. A song suddenly caught her eyes.



 

“Let’s sing this for today.”



 

She then pushes the remote’s button according to the song’s code and grabs her mic afterward.



 

Sometimes when I see you next to me,

 

I feel likе I’m unhappy with my greed

 

Because you said the sky was so beautiful

 

But now you’re walking on the ground

 

And It’s like you are looking at me

 

[Day6 - Afraid]



 

Yujin smiles bitterly as the song brings back her thoughts earlier.









 

Minju on the other side is having fun watching the couple singing. She has always admired how good both of them sound when they sing together. The harmonization and emotion are perfect, she must say. She looks at the time and realizes that she might need to go home now so she excuses herself and walks out of their room and continues walking through the dimly lit corridor. She suddenly has the urge to go to the toilet so she turns around and heads to the toilet.


TW // physical abuse
 

The walk from the room to the toilet is peaceful but when she gets out of the toilet, it doesn't seem peaceful anymore. She notices a group of adult men lingering on the corridor, looking all drunk which scares her a little. Just a sniff and she knows they are all Alphas. She had a brown belt in taekwondo since she was younger but seeing how many people are there, Minju knows it is quite useless now. She breathes deeply before mumbling things to calm herself down. “Just walk past them without giving them a glance, Minju-ya.” She then balled her fists and started walking fastly yet quietly. But luck isn’t on her side, again. One of the men suddenly grabs her wrist, causing her to flinch hard.



 

“Hey there.”



 

Minju tries to toss the big hand away but to no avail. “Let me go!” The man chuckles as he pins Minju to the wall, putting both of his hands beside Minju’s head, trapping the poor girl. Minju quickly takes the chance and punches the guy straight on his nose. “What the ?!” The man crouches down, holding his nose which Minju sure is bleeding. Minju tries to run away but another guy manages to grab her hair. Minju whimpers in pain as her body gets pushed on the cold wall once again, trapped under another man’s arms and gaze. Minju turns her face away with displeasure written on her face. She hates the scent this guy is trying to release. It’s suffocating her. “An Omega.” The man mumbles which makes Minju swing her fist toward the guy’s face. “Same trick, Omega.” The man sneers as she dodges the poor girl's punch.

 

“You aren’t going anywhere today.” Minju tries to scream but another guy already covers with his filthy hand. They then drag Minju away from the karaoke bar, heading to a place no one will know, maybe.





 

---






 

Yujin is on her way back home before she passes by a dark alley and the first thing she smells is the intoxicating scent of musk. Yujin’s eyes widen when she also senses a weak and familiar scent of lavender and vanilla. Her Alpha instinct kicks in, making her walk in haste to the direction. Her inner wolf is getting mad and mad as the weak whimper from the Omega enters her ears. As soon as she spots a group of Alpha men surrounding an Omega girl, she rushes to them with a fist ready in the air.



 

“What do you think you are doing?!” Just right before the man can touch her face, Minju hears a girl screaming and at the blink of an eye, the man who was molesting her is now on the ground, groaning in pain.



 

“What the hell?!” Minju takes the chance and runs away from the scene as fast as she can but once again, another man manages to catch her. “Who said we are finished with you?” Minju groans and steps on the man’s feet. “OUCH, WHAT THE ?!” The Alpha is beyond angry right now. He yanks Minju to him and whispers. “Don’t you think you are crossing the line as an Omega?” before choking her, causing Minju to let out another whimper of pain.



 

Yujin’s ears perk up at the weak whimper again. She immediately lets go of the Low Alpha’s collar and turns around to the sound. Her eyes widen as she finally knows the Omega she is trying to protect is her own enemy, Kim Minju. “KIM MINJU?!” The Alpha who is choking Minju tilts his head. “Is she your girlfriend?” Yujin focuses back on separating them as she dashes toward the guy and uses the right side of her body to push him away. She falls to the ground along with the guy. Frightened by how strong the girl is, the guy immediately runs away alongside his beaten friends.



 

Minju gasps and coughs as the hand is snatched away from her. Her weakened knees fail to make her stand straight, causing her to fall on top of Yujin. Yujin senses the scent of distress that Minju is emitting again, but it’s different from the last time. Now it is only filled with fear and terror.



 

“M-minju, you are safe now, with me.” Yujin carefully wraps her arms around Minju’s shoulder, also emitting her calming scent in hopes that it will at least make Minju feel safe.



 

Minju tilts her head up and her eyebrows furrow. “Ahn Yujin?!” She tries to push Yujin away but as an Alpha she is, Yujin didn’t even budge a little. Yujin realizes that Minju knows it’s her already but she lets her arms stay.









 

“I know you hate me and I hate you too but stay.”









 

Minju stops struggling to get out from Yujin’s embrace and instead leans on Yujin’s chest, crying silently. “T-they dragged me from the karaoke bar.” Yujin hushes the shorter one, lifting her up easily. “It’s okay. They are gone now.” Yujin starts to walk with Minju resting her chin on her broad shoulder. “Do you want me to send you home?” Minju suddenly snaps into reality and hops off Yujin's arms. She brushes her uniform and clears . “U-uh, no. I can go back home by myself.” Yujin chuckles. “What if you bumped into those Alphas again?”



 

The scared Minju from earlier is suddenly gone, replaced with the usual irritated Minju upon seeing the teasing smirk from the annoying Alpha. “My home isn’t that far, Ahn.” Not wanting to argue with the Omega girl, Yujin sneers. “See you tomorrow then.” She shoves her hands inside her blazer’s pockets and starts to walk away.





 

“Why, out of all people, it must be Ahn Yujin who saved me?!” Minju mumbles angrily as she, too, starts walking back home.







 

---







 

The next day, Minju enters the class without giving the Alpha sitting beside the window a glance. She takes her seat almost immediately before taking out her books and starting to study.



 

Yuri who just arrived suddenly covers her nose. “Minju!” Minju snaps her head up fast and looks at her friend with a confused look. Her eyebrows scrunched together. “What?” Yuri whispers at the latter ear. “Why do you smell like cinnamon and dark chocolate?” Minju jolts up from her chair as her face turns pale. “What do you mean?!” Yuri covers her nose as the scent is thickening in the air. “I bet anyone can smell it on you, Minju-ah.” Minju’s head immediately turns to Yujin who is sitting on her seat, ignoring the fuss happening.



 

“This is all her fault!” Minju screams internally. She runs outside of the classroom, heading towards the toilet to spray some perfume again.



 

Meanwhile, Yena, who just arrived too, squints her eyes in suspicion. “Yujin-ah.” “What?” “Whom did you hang out with yesterday?” Yujin narrows her eyes in confusion. “Why?” Yena sniffs again before answering.



 

“You smell like vanilla and a bit of lavender.” Yujin too jolts up from her seat, earning attention from their classmates.



 

“Oh, …” Yujin mumbles.



 

Yena’s eyes follow Yujin’s retreating body as she runs out of the classroom too, which makes the couple think they connect the dots; which this time is true.



 

Yena and Yuri stare at each other. “It can’t be…”







 

Meanwhile, Yujin breaks into the toilet, surprising Minju who is currently panicking too.



 

“YAH! DON’T GET NEAR ME!” Yujin startles before she lifts her hands up in the air while shouting back.



 

“WHY DO I SMELL LIKE YOU?!” Minju hisses in anger.



 

“DID YOU FORGOT ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED YESTERDAY?!” Yujin tilts her head as she is confused.



 

“But someone’s scent shouldn’t stay too long unless they are…”



 

Minju knows what Yujin is trying to say so she stops the girl straight away. “NO! DON’T CONTINUE!” Yujin begins to chuckle.






 

“Oh, I think we are soulma-”



 

“NO WE AREN’T!”






 

Yujin lifts both of her shoulders and states. “Well, we are turning 18 in a few more days so let’s hope what you are trying to say is true.” Minju rolls her eyes before asking her. “Just sprays our own perfume so we can hide the scent.” Yujin’s lips formed into a small smirk as she proceeded to take her own perfume which she coincidentally put in her blazer’s pocket.



 

But their classmates are now more than curious. How can Yujin and Minju-who the whole school including the principal know that they are eternal enemies; have each other's scent on their bodies?



 

And as a result, the whole class gathers around them after the last class ended as the teacher ended their lesson earlier than usual, asking them questions they can’t and never will answer.



 

“Were you hanging out with Yujin last night?”



 

“Are you secretly dating Minju?”



 

“Didn’t you guys hate each other?”



 

“Are you Yujin’s fated mat-”









 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter