35 Young Dumb Broke

Jinjoo OS Fiesta S3: Panorama of Pearls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Adventure

Summary: 2 teenage girls tries to find the meaning of happiness and live their life to the fullest because they are young dumb and broke.

Word Count: 2654

Hashtag: #JinjooFiestaS3_YoungDumbBroke

 

Young Dumb Broke

 

“We are here for a fun time, not a long time."

"We only live once, so let's make sure our story is written well."


 

They say “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” They say live your life to the fullest, live with no worries, no stress, live happily. But what is happiness? How do we discover and feel happiness? How do we pursue and achieve happiness? How do we balance and maintain happiness? What is the meaning behind the happiness we feel? How do we savor and appreciate the feeling of happiness?

 

That is what two teenage girls plan to figure out. Eighteen-year-old Anh Yujin and Kim Minju just graduated from high school, both having no clue on what to do with their life. All they know is that they want to live their lives to the fullest with no regrets.

 

Minju is a shy and introverted girl. She grew up in a very wealthy household, but she is extremely humble. She helps out the homeless shelter and animal shelter every month. Though she feels lonely most of the time because her parents are rarely home due to business trips, she understands her parents because it isn't easy being the CEO of the world’s biggest company.

 

Yujin, Minju’s best friend, is the opposite of Minju, she is outgoing and is a ball of energy. She grew up with her grandparents because her parents died in a car crash when she was younger. She was often bullied in elementary. The kids in her class would make fun of her because she didn’t have parents. But as she grew up, she didn’t care for the ugly comments anymore. Her bullies wanted to be her friend after she quickly became the star of her high school’s basketball team.

 

It is a windy and chilly night and Minju is on her bed reading her favorite book, “They Both Die At The End.” Suddenly, a sharp clack came from her window. She wondered why there was a sudden noise coming from her window in the middle of the night so she went to check it out. She closed her book and placed it on the nightstand next to her bed. Looking out from her window, she saw her best friend, Anh Yujin. The girl was in a blue hoodie with her hood up, and as soon as she saw Minju’s head popping out her window, she waved and whispered “hello”. At this point, Minju isn’t even surprised to see Yujin, because Yujin always comes and visits. Although there are gates and guards around the house, Yujin will always find a way to escape and get into her house.

 

“Come on let’s go,” Yujin whispered. “Where are we going,” Minju asked. “Somewhere dope,” Yujin replied. “Ok, hold up let me get my things,” Minju said. Yujin gave her a thumbs up before Minju closed her window. Minju grabbed her white hoodie that was sitting on her chair and sneakily went downstairs, trying not to get the maids’ attention. A few moments later Minju was seen climbing out the window. Not long after, Yujin went to help her climb out. “Sheesh it is cold,” Minju said while putting on her hoodie. “So where are we going,” Minju asked again. Yujin smiled and said, “Follow me.” They sneakily walked towards the back of the house and got ready to climb over the fence. Since it was darker towards the back, it would be harder to be caught by the guards. Yujin then threw her backpack over the fence and started climbing up and over the fence. Minju went next, as she carefully tried not to fall flat on her face. Yujin also helped her, because she knows her best friend is always clumsy. It isn’t Minju’s first time sneaking out with Yujin, but she still gets nervous every time she sneaks out.

 

And just like that, they successfully sneaked out. They walked farther away from the house to Yujin’s car. Well, it technically isn’t Yujin’s car since she stole it from her grandfather. “Your grandfather is going to kill you if he finds out you took his car again,” Minju said while getting into the car. “He’ll never know,” Yujin shrugged. “You know my birthday is in a few months, so it would be nice if you get me a car,” Yujin said while putting her seat belt on. “I’ll take that into consideration,” Minju said. The 1965 Mustang Convertible is Yujin’s grandfather’s precious baby, so no one is allowed to drive it. Her grandfather rarely drives it as well. He only drives it during special occasions.

 

“You ready,” Yujin asked. “Always,” Minju replied. “Ok, let’s go,” Yujin said as she started the engine. The roads were clear since it was pretty late, so there aren’t as many cars on the road compared to during the day. Yujin then the radio and turned to her favorite station that plays the best 2000s music. “Girl, the music is so quiet, put it on blast,” Minju said. “Your wish is my command,” Yujin said as she put the music on blast. “Your boy boy boy b-b-b-b-b-boyfriend,” the radio played. “That you’re looking for a boyfriend,” Minju sang. “I see that,” Yujin sang back. “Gimme time, you know I’m gonna be there, don’t be scared to come out your trust in me, can’t you see all I really want to be is your boyfriend,” the girls sang together. “BTS who? we only know BTR,” Minju said at the end of the song.

 

After a few minutes, Yujin stopped the car by an old and empty school. “Why are we at an abandoned school?” Minju asked. “Stargaze,” Yujin replied. “Here? Are you sure we’ll be able to see stars,” Minju asked. “I think so,” Yujin said. They walked around the school to see if there was an entrance to the rooftop. “Ah-ha! There it is,” Yujin said. They ran to the ladder and started climbing their way up to the roof. Yujin got on the rooftop first and helped Minju get up.

 

“The city looks amazing from up here,” Minju said admiring the view from the rooftop. “But you look more amazing,” Yujin said while laughing at what she just said. “Thank you, I know,” Minju replied while flipping her hair. Yu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter