Fifth: "Friends"

Lovely Fluffies

Still in 2007...

They were sitting next to each other with jackets and scarves that covered almost half of their faces that couldn't be easily recognized in the darkness of the theatre. The seats they chose were at the top and there weren't people behind them. Trying to look normal, even though their hands were barely touching each other on the handrest. But, no one would bravely move their hands since they were already "friends" and it would be more awkward if one of them snatched their hand. Even they were trying but, the awkwardness still remained since they sat on the seats waiting for the movie to be played. 

Diverting the awkward situation, Yejin took a soda in her left side trying to wet and pulling a popcorn that was holding by Hyunbin on her right side. Hyunbin who noticed that turned his face at her and gave a plain smile to cover his nervousness. As Yejin replied to him with a smile, he took a popcorn too for himself. 
Not long after that, the lamps were turned off and the sound was echoed through the room. The movie started playing and their focus laid on the screen. Time passed and they were aroused by the story as their hands kept taking the popcorn and munching while the movie was played. Enjoying the story of the movie, their hand touched when they were trying to pick the popcorn unconsciously. 

At the same time, the sudden electricity came as their hands met. Blinking their eyes awkwardly and freezing, were the things they had done. As their focuses were being distracted by the accident, the corner of their eyes met each other carefully. When they were facing the covering face beside them, they let out a smile and also Yejin with her eye smile  

"OH??" Hyunbin said in a low voice as pointing out to Yejin's eyes which made her confused. 

"Ssssttttt...." another voice came from the front row.

"Why?" Yejin mouthed without a voice trying not to disturb people in the theatre while looking at the front row. 

"The symbol..." he said unconsciously let out a high-pitched voice ignoring the fact that they were still in the theatre. 

"AHJUSSI!!!" a group of whispers came from the front row. Some heads of girls in front of them turning their heads to him, giving death glares to him. " Ssssttt..." they closed their mouths with their index fingers while scrunching their eyebrows being annoyed by his voice. 

Hyunbin blinked his eyes and looked at them in awkward and nodded his head feeling wrong. Luckily, they were covered with scarves so the people only can see their eyes. As they had planned to go to the theatre together, they thought that they would make a commotion because of their appearances and they scared that they couldn't enjoy the moment. However, the plan went otherwise. Even though they were full-covered, they were still making a commotion. Instead of their looks, they made a commotion by themselves with their voices.

Yejin also froze after seeing the teenagers warned him. As she felt the shame as Hyunbin, she turned her face to him and let out a slight smile. Carefully, Hyunbin leaned his head closer to Yejin's side whispering something with lowering his volume.  

"The symbol and your eyes smile are look a like," he whispered in a low voice and Yejin giggled because of it. 

"Yes, it is true..." and now Yejin took a charge and leaned her head closer to him. "I thought, Hyunbin-ssi had known it after replying my message with that symbol," she added and turned her back to her seat. 

"I only copied what you did. Since it wasn't a bad meaning. So, I copied it..." he leaned his head closer to her. They kept doing the same thing to get a proper conversation inside the theatre instead of focusing on the movie. 'What is focusing on the movie? They were only chitchatting inside theatre comfortably.'

"But, finally you know the meaning already," she added. 

"Yes..." 

"Are you being confident if I am asking my other symbols?" Yejin challenged him.

"Sure, I can now..." he tilted his head before replying to the question confidently.

"If this symbol?" Yejin scribbled the air with the symbol ^0^ while Hyunbin was concerned about her finger moves. Imagining the symbol, he tilted his head aside and tried to convince the answer. 
Suddenly, he made an expression when he smiled until his eyes being like a crescent eye like Yejin's and mouthing an "O" to Yejin. Yejin who saw the view almost burst her laugh when she saw his funny expression trying to describe the symbol identically.

"Why are you laughing?" Hyunbin pouted after seeing her giggling at his face.

"And this symbol is?" Yejin scribbled the air with the symbol \^0^/ and Hyunbin put his focus once again on her. Like he did before, he tilted his head aside again and made the same expression like he did and raised his hands together while the popcorn on his laps was scattered everywhere. Yejin hurriedly tried to catch them but it was too late and the popcorn already found its way to mess the theatre, especially the front row.

"AHJUSSIIII!!!" suddenly, a group of teenagers in the front row that warned them before, turning their faces to look at them with their furious eyes with hairs full of popcorn stuck on them. Hyunbin who saw the view froze like a scaredy-cat. Feeling wrong about what he had done, he blinked his eyes and slowly nodded his head giving respect.

"So...sorry, Girls!" 

-to be continued-

A/N:
Hi, my beloved readers ^^

Honestly, I don't know that in 2007 people used the symbols or not. But, because of Yejin loves using the symbol (also me), I put in here to be the part of their (fictional) journey that was made by me ^^
Hope you guys still enjoy the story ^^

See you ^^

Kindly check my another On-going series Unseen ^^

With Love, 
Byeol-nim ❤