Eighteenth: Edible

Lovely Fluffies

The smoke filled the quietest corner in the restaurant which mouthwatering with two people who were sitting at both ends of the table looking at the grilled pork belly in the center of them. Their eyes met when the small-cut meats were perfectly grilled by the man who was picking the meat with the tong to the plate with his unhidden proud smile. As all the meat was on the plate, he sneakily put the plate beside the plate that was filled with other burnt small-cut meats. 

"See!" He proudly winked his eye while holding his arms on his chest. Yejin who was shy to admit his grilling skill, scrunching her face while narrowing her eyes to look at him. She also scrunched up her lips with her chopstick on her lips. 

"It is just a ... luck?" She shrugged her shoulders proudly and put her chopstick on the plate where the meats she had grilled gingerly. Pausing, she felt Hyunbin was trying to hold his laugh at her. "Okay, I eat mine. You eat yours." Yejin pouted her lips while taking a bit of the meat she grilled. She chewed the meat while roaming the quiet dining room that filled only just the two of them. "It is delicious, though!" She took another one even though the man in front of her scratched his brow while shaking his head in disbelief. He knew she was always on fire while playing a game, but he didn't expect she would be that enthusiast to grill the meat. Stealthily, he pushed the plate filled with his grilled meat closer to Yejin's side. 

"Just try one!" He said while grilling another new raw pork belly. As the smoke blurred their view of each other, Yejin smiled slightly while taking the perfectly cooked meat grilled by Hyunbin. "Tasty isn't it?" He said when he was peeking to look at her with the smoke. Instead of answering, she took another bite. 

"But, what about this one?" She said at the burnt meats made by her sadly. "It will be..." Before she ended her words, Hyunbin already dragged her plate closer to him. He turned the tong on his left hand while taking his chopstick with his right hand. He took a bite of the meat made by her. "Don't eat that!" Yejin almost dragged the plate but, Hyunbin put his chopstick on the plate trying to stop her move.

"Why?" He keeps flipping the meat while chewing the burnt meat. "It's..."

"It is bad, right!" She pouted while leaning her back at the wall limply but still eating the perfectly cooked meat. Gazing at her sudden changed emotion, Hyunbin smirked while gulping water after putting his chopstick back at the table. 

"It's edible! Edible!" He said while folding his arms on the table, looking straight at her with a reassuring smile. "I just knew what is Chaeyoon's flaw." He giggled. 

"Let me order the new pork belly or you will get a stomachache if you eat them all." She said while looking at the empty tray that was filled with raw pork bellies before. Hyunbin shook his head and keep grilling. 

"No, I think it is enough! It's edible though!" He ignored what she said and enjoy picking up the meats. 

"Can I have more pork bellies?" Yejin suddenly lifted her hand calling the waitress who was near her. 

*****((()))*****

As they were walking after dinner under the moonlight in the darkness, a motorcycle came across the path they walked side by side. Pulling Yejin to the safe side, he smoothly changed their position with him on the side where the vehicles can come anytime. Acting like it was nothing, he just kept walking while the person beside him still trying to come up with the situation with her blinking eyes and curled lips. The silence overcame them, and Yejin pulled the bill in purpose from her pocket to make a low crackling sound to fill the silence. 

"So, the meal deals are over. Look! How expensive it is!" She said while pointing out the total bill from the grilled pork belly restaurant. Without even budging an inch, he only peeked at the amount while still kept walking. 

"I said three meals. It is just one meal, though!" He said calmly with his hands in his pockets. "I should be suspicious when you asked for more pork belly before..." he mumbled. 

"Yah! It is almost the same amount as before!" Yejin tried to negotiate the deals once again. Stopping his steps and followed by her, Hyunbin snatched the bill from her and took a look. 

"No, it's still one-third left." He put the bill back on her hand and kept walking while Yejin also tried to follow him. 

"Yah, Min Taegu-ssi. Can't you just leave this one? If you want to eat pork belly again there would be another deal made by me because of... " she kept walking with her small steps trying to keep up with his steps. "Yah! PORK BELLY IS INDEED EXPENSIVE."

"Alright!" He suddenly stopped his ways which almost made Yejin fell forward because of her sudden slower pace. But, he swiftly expanded his hand to stop her from falling. 

"One meal left. So what do you want to give me for next?" 

"Can we not go to the restaurant?" She sheepishly smiles at him hoping that he would kindly let the one go. 

"Uhm?" He tilted his head aside. 

"How about I will make some for you in my house?" 

"But you just burnt the ... meat?" He said while holding his laugh. Taking a deep breath she tried to smile at him. 

"I can cook Ramen well though!" She said confidently while taking a deep breath to make her more patient to face that man. But also on other hand, the word 'Ramen' almost made him blush hard. As he knew if a woman inviting a man to eat ramen in her house. It means that it wouldn't end by only eating ramen. Clearing his throat, he scratched his long hair while smiling awkwardly. However, his mischievous mind couldn't be held after hearing that word.

"I don't mind it. But, you..." He said trying to make sure for once. Looking at his different gaze after she said 'Ramen', she widened her eyes being embarrassed. 

"No...No...I don't mean it!" She suddenly shook her head in horror which made Hyunbin wanted to . 

"Okay! Call! Ramen!" He emphasized the last word and took fast walking forward and Yejin tried to catch him. 

"No! No! No!" She said while waving her hands forward hoping he would see her panicked face after saying that forbidden word for friends like them. 

"Ramen?? Call!!!" He said teasing her while giving a wink when he turned his back to see Yejin was running to catch him. 

"No! No!"

"RAMEN??? CALL!!" He raised his tone with an ear-to-ear smile while running away from her.

-to be continued-

A/N:

Hi everyone here is an update ^^

Thanks for reading my stories ^^
Kindly vote, comment, and share with your friends ^^

Meet me again next chapter (^.^)

See ya! 
With love, 
Byeol-nim ❤