Fifteenth: Flashback (s)

Lovely Fluffies

Back in 2007...

Yejin was waiting for Hyunbin in front of the cinema while looking at her watch worriedly. An hour passed since she came and she can't see the glimpse of him coming near. Sighing deeply while looking at the sky, she played with her cheeks and feet. She walked back and forth. The khaki coat wrapped her petite body and her red wool knitted hat, warmed her in the cold breezing day. With the clutch she brought in front of her, she killed her boredom. 

She looked at her phone once again. The last call from him and unfortunately she couldn't pick up. because she was busily fixing her make-up. Her eyes gazed at the sky that already becoming dark. Huffing the last breath, she bravely called him back. But, soon as she called the phone, she can't connect with his phone. 

"Is he playing with me?" She huffed until the fog coming from . "It's cold!" she tightened her coat while rubbing her hands to get the warmth. As the place went quiet when all the people leaving, she took a seat at the nearest place she can lean for a rest. Waiting for someone while standing with heels was tiring. She looked at her watch again. 

"Just wait for 15 minutes and then I will go!" she mumbled at herself. Humming a song while playing with her feet and moving her body helped her to keep positive for the man that had promised with her. As the time tickled, she grew her worry when five minutes almost ended. 

"I should go, then. Yejin-ah! You shouldn't easily believe what the man had said. Be careful!" She huffed and leaving the cinema. 

-----

The next day...

Yejin stretched her body after having a good sleep last night on her bed. Soju mixed with beer and also a pack of chicken she got when she was going home last night. As she got home, she called her manager about her schedule and was convinced that it was free for the next two weeks, she was preparing to go to her hometown, Daegu. Last night's experience was such an embarrassment for her. After preparing much to meet boy friend and she was feeling like being dumped. She sighed in disbelief. 

Her messy hair, black eyebags, also pain in her head after getting two bottles of soju mixed with beer totally described what she was feeling. Waking up from her bed, she roamed her bedroom with her heavy sight. 

"Aish... I should clean this before going home!" She mumbled while scratching her hair. 

The bedroom was full of used tissues on the floor, chicken leftovers, and bottles that were sprawled freely in her bedroom. As she pulled out her blanket, her phone ringing. 

"Who is calling me this early morning?" she groaned lazily and grabbed her phone on the bedside table. "Hello, Yejin is here!" She said weakly, putting all her efforts to answer, even though she didn't have the urge to answer. 

"Yejin-ah! Someone is coming. He asks for your phone number." 

"Who is he?"

"Kim Taepyung."

"Oh... who is he?"

"I don't know."

"Does he look like..."

"He wore all black, also wearing a mask."

"What?? I don't know him. A stranger?" She widened her eyes in shock. 

"Uhm, we shouldn't give the number if he isn't your acquaintances. I scare that he might be a sasaeng fan." The manager replied. 

"Right! You shouldn't!" She shouted. The news of a stranger especially a sasaeng fan who wanted to involve the artist's personal life already gave her a goosebump. She shivered only to imagine that view.  

"Okay, he is already gone, though." 

"Fiyuuh! Thanks, Eonni!" She hang up the phone. 

*****((()))*****

Back to 2017 (in Tteokbokki Restaurant)...

"I am sure it was a sasaeng fan." Yejin kept munching the tteokbokki on the pan innocently.

"So, you thought a sasaeng fan came to your agency?" 

"Uhmm...yes. His name also likes an ordinary. Your name is Hyunbin, right? Don't worry I am sure it wasn't you!" She laughed still eating the tteokbokki happily while the man in front of her already folded his lips inside. Sighing his breath and giving a wide smile, he looked at her straight. "Wh-why? You look scary with that looks." Yejin diverted her gaze from him feeling something surprising will come while Hyunbin changed into a flat expression. 

"Yejin-ssi, can you please take your phone and go to google?" 

"Wh-why?" Yejin pulled out her phone gingerly while peeking at him. Furrowing her brows, she obediently did what he had told. "Yes, I am already on Google," she said. 

"Please type Kim. Tae. Pyung!" He said with his index finger pointed the word one by one to emphasize his name to not be typed in wrongly. 

"Ahh... the sasaeng fan's name..." Yejin sighed still couldn't aware of the situation. Casually, she typed the name on Google. As the results came, she widened her eyes and coughed after looking at the screen that showed the picture of the man in front of her. She grabbed the nearest glass and pouring the water quickly while drinking it to wet her almost drained throat after knowing the surprising truth. 

"The sasaeng fan is..." Hyunbin said while clapping his hand together, looking at her. 

"WAIT! WAIT!!" Yejin stopped him before he continuing his words. "Hyunbin-ssi! Alright! Alright! I know it just now! Can you just let me just this time?" 

"I don't ask anything yet!" He shrugged his shoulder innocently. 

"Okay! Thank you so much, Hyunbin-ssi!" She huffed in relief while putting her palm on her chest. 

"No, What kind of thank you that you just said?"

"And what will you do then?"

"Let's continue our bet about who is buying the meal! Buy me the remaining three meals. Call?" He raised his brow while folding his hands on the table shrugging his body closer to Yejin. 

-to be continued