Fourteenth: Flashback

Lovely Fluffies

Back to 2007...

Already standing in front of the cinema while waiting for someone, he huffed his cheeks with his hands in his jacket to kill his time on a cold day. He came an hour early than they just agreed before the sunset. Almost twitching his heels in excitement, he let out smiles even though everyone around him already looked at him in confusion to discover a man smiles by himself. 
Sometimes he looked at his watch and his heart beat faster when the time almost come near. Until his phone rang only thirty minutes before the time he would meet Yejin, that so-called girl friend who would be turned into girlfriend that day if she accepts him. Still in his imagination, he picked the call with a wide smile. 

"Yejin-ssi!" 

"Yah, It is me!" The man's voice came across the phone which actually flattened his expression.
"What is that again? It is the weekend. I should get my me time."

"Yah! I know it is your weekend but, this weekend is different." The way the man said the weekend somewhat making him blushed.

"Even my private's schedule, you know that. I am touched." He said while turning his body to the right and left sides shyly. 

"What is a private schedule??" The man suddenly raised his tone in horror. 

"Yah! Why are you becoming that scared? I am already in the place safely." 

"Where are you now??!!" 

"In the cinema." Hyunbin said holding his laugh looking at the big words 'CINEMA' behind him. 

"HYUNBIN-AHH!" The man screamed making Hyunbin pulling his phone away from him. After the volume lowered, he put his phone back to his ear still smiling giddily. 

"Why?"

"Go to the agency, RIGHT NOW!!!"

"WHY?? It is weekend!" Hyunbin said and suddenly gulping his saliva in worry. Blinking his eyes in a daze, he pulled his small note slowly from his jacket pocket. He remembered that, when the director he wanted to work with, offers him a drama and he can only meet him on the weekend. Clearing his throat while peeking at the schedule being cautious. And that was right, his heart almost jumped out from his body. He didn't realize that he should meet the director because he put a big bright red scribbled love in a D-Day's letter with the drawn picture of girl and boy like a couple. The scribble covered the schedule at the top of it which still can clearly read with a meeting with the director. 

"Yah! Are you still there?" The man's voice threw him back to reality. His mind suddenly messed with the place where he should go which needs thirty minutes by bus. Gingerly, he looked at his watch twenty-five left. "Yah! Come here! The Director said that he would come in minutes!" Big beads of sweat appeared from his forehead as he bit his lower lip in worry. He peeked at his right and left sides only want to know if Yejin is coming or not. 

"Alright will be there soon!" Hyunbin said as hanging his phone hurriedly. As he ended the call, he looked for Yejin's number in a rush. At the same time, he was calling and running to the nearest crossing line to reach the bus stop on the opposite side. In the peripheral side of his eyes, he caught the glimpse of the bus coming near. He hurriedly pushed the crossing line button in the traffic lamps while still keeping his phone on a call with Yejin still waiting for her to pick up. As the green light for the pedestrian had turned, he wanted to run immediately but a grandmother with her loaded groceries stopped him. 

He stomped his foot in worry when Yejin still didn't pick the call also because of the politeness of men that should be done to the grandmother and her loaded groceries which stopping his way to reach the bus stop faster when the glimpse of the bus already shown. Scratching his ear frustratedly to see how the grandmother walked, he chose to lift her on his back. Pulling out his phone from his ear, he went to the front of the grandmother while bending his back to make grandmother easier to hop on his back. 

"I am sorry, Grandmother!" He said as he lifted her on his back. Still in confusion, the grandmother already on his back at a fast pace. As the grandmother was on his back, he ran across the crossing line. But, the loaded groceries can't keep up with his pace until an orange fell on the road. "Aishh..." he turned his way to pick the orange but, without he was realizing it, his phone fell from his hand. Fortunately, he safely ran to the opposite side of the road with the grandmother just in time with the pedestrian red light showed. Huffing in relief he put the grandmother back to the road as he saw the bus still can be reached when he knew the distance was still far from the bus stop. 

'Crack' 

Suddenly, a loud voice of something being broken, got him looking at the road he just passed. Widening his eyes while screaming, he covered his face in horror. Scrunching his face in frustration and grabbing his hair in stress, he also stomped his feet on the ground. 

"Yejin-ssi!!" He held his words as he walked back and forth when he saw his phone grounded by a car that just passed. 

*****((()))*****

Back to 2017 (in Tteokbokki Restaurant)

Yejin looked at his face in a daze while munching the spicy tteokbokki with the chopsticks stayed in . Almost bursting her laugh, she choked after hearing his story. 

"Hyunbin-ssi is an innocent man indeed." She sighed while continuing to pick the snack. 

"But, after that, I came back to the cinema." He pouted while gulping a glass of water in front of him.

"What time was that?" 

"Ehm... passed midnight?" He said and followed by her laugh. 

"I had already gone that time."

"I knew but in case that I still can meet you." He said while picking a tteokbokki in the same big pan as Yejin's in the middle of them. Feeling the sudden hotness burnt his tongue, he coughed and hurriedly finding a glass of water. Naturally, Yejin gave him a glass of water she had to him in hurry. He gulped it in instant and looked at Yejin who seemed so calm when eating that. "I thought it is not spicy." He put a faintly smile through the reddened face holding the spiciness.

"I see. You can't eat spicy food." Yejin smiled while continuing her snacking time. 

"But, I also come to your agency back that moment, to get your number again or if I can meet you again in person to explain that situation. But, I can't meet you." Hyunbin added which made her froze. Blinking her eyes to regain her memories years ago, she munched her tteokbokki longer. 

"Ah! That time..."

-to be continued-

A/N
Hi my beloved readers ^^
Enjoy the update ^^

With Love,
Byeol-nim ❤