Ninth: Nice

Lovely Fluffies

Son Yejin was sitting at a table on the Coffee Shop near her agency with a man who was nervous in front of her after giving a script of his first directed movie. With her right elbow on the table, while lifting her head not to have a stare with him, she flipped the scenario's page one by one and read it meticulously. Sometimes, she scrunched her face in doubt still flipping it, trying to find reasons to politely refuse it.

"Lee Jongsuk director-nim?" she asked while the americano with the straw on her left side and clearing . 

"Yes, Son Yejin-ssi? Is there any question for the scenario?" he straightened his back immediately after waiting for an hour in silence.

"An officer?" She kept flipping the pages and reading it even though she had known the main idea of the script a while ago.

"Yes, you will be an officer..." 

"If I am an officer, I should cut my long hair..." she sighed while touching her silky long hair with a pout still not looking at him.

"So..." He tilted his head aside still didn't aware of the situation. Meanwhile, Yejin was subtly rolling her eyes trying not to show her feeling much that afternoon. Hiding her expression, she kept touching her hair while pouting. 'Just if he knows how hard to maintain a long hair!' Deep inside her heart, she was in worry if she cut into a short-hair and it happened after years she had been maintaining to have long hair.

"The movie would be filming months ahead. But, I need my long hair after filming this movie, though ..." Yejin peeked at the director hoping that he would know her intention on saying that.

"Pardon me?" 

'SHOOT!' she turned her gaze on the scenario again and let out a deep sigh knowing that man would never understand women's thoughts, especially for beauty stuff.

"I have another movie which needs my long hair..." she sighed in a low voice.

"Yes?" Lee Jongsuk asked innocently. 

"This movie is mostly like a video call?" She changed the topic and flipped the script still thinking of another way to refuse it.

"Yes, you're right!" 

"So, I will never have a screen time with... Min Taegu?" She blurt the topic dramatically in case he would understand what she wanted that time.
 
"That's right. Min Taegu is the villain character who would be your enemy in the movie..." 

"So, I will become his enemy??" She cut him again when he tried to explain as much detail as he can.

"Yes..."

"Min Taegu died???" She asked in horror.

"Yes..."

"So, what should I do then? And..."

"And you will help Min Taegu for his justice," he added with a faintly smile still didn't understand her.

"That's not what I mean..." she sighed while the americano in the hope it would lessen her fire inside after failing times on giving him a hint that she would reject the movie.

"So..."

"I don't interact with him much..." 

"Yes, you're right!" 

"But, actress or actor would get a chemistry more if they interact..." she raised her voice once again still trying to convince him again. 

"But, he is your enemy! So, I thought it is better if the main characters don't meet often," He questioned her argument.

"Min Taegu? Who will be him?" She cleared and changed another question after hearing his acceptable answer.  

"I am still in talk with his agency and him," he sighed and pulled a glass of water in front of him.
 
"Who?" she raised her tone impatiently in the hope she could use it as the reason she rejects the movie.

"Actor Hyunbin," he said and followed by Yejin who widened her eyes. Freezing like a statue in minutes, Yejin blinked her eyes and slightly let out a smile. 

"Director-nim..." she snapped her fingers suddenly before looking straight at his eyes. "Do you know hair extension?" She said while slamming the table in excitement. 

"I don't know..." he shook his head immediately. 

"If I cut my hair, I still can get long hair even it is not my hair," she said while raising her brows in excitement. "How can I forget this?" Yejin tilted her head aside. 

"Ah... I see," he sighed in relief and finally could smile comfortably even though he was puzzled by the sudden change of topic.

"So, there is a ..." Yejin then looked at his 'don't know women things' face in a daze. "Even if I explain the girl's thing you wouldn't know it, right?" She said and followed by his slight nod. "Forget it! In conclusion, I still can get back my long hair after being a short-hair character. Isn't it amazing?" she faked her laugh widely.

"Oh... I got it...hahaah... Nice... hahahahahah" he laughed and clapped his hands awkwardly. 

"I will take this character, I will help your debut as a director!" She said while tapping his shoulder with a wide smile. 

"Seriously???" He unconsciously woke up from his chair while clapping his hands happily. "Thank you, Son Yejin-ssi!" He bowed repeatedly to her. 

"I have another meeting, will go first! See you at the script reading!" She said while bringing the script and her coffee with her.

As Son Yejin walked out of the cafe with a deep stare. The memory of Hyunbin ever rejected a project with her inside, still annoyed her. 'How can he reject the project after breaking the plan of meeting in the theatre? And he didn't even call her after that. And the worst is his phone number is changed. Unbelievable!'. She breathed out in anger. 

"Just let's see! If you refuse this project too, We will be a stranger forever, Hyunbin-ssi!" She mumbled and swayed her silky hair with her hand elegantly. 

-to be continued-

A/N

Enjoy the story all ^^
With love, 
Byeol-nim ❤