Thirteenth: Tummy Time

Lovely Fluffies

One day in 2017...

In the middle crowd of one of the busiest areas in M Korean street food stalls, there were two Korean people wrapped tightly by padded jackets with hats that almost covered up to their eyes. Everyone who saw them might think that they were ordinary people like them. Especially the places were packed up with foreigners than the locals.

Walking to each stall comfortably with their appearances, they tried to find something that suits with their palate. Their first stall was an egg bread stall that makes Yejin sniffing her nose at them. When she felt like she wants to give it a try, she looked at the man beside her carefully. Winking to the person beside her, she tilted her head to the bunch of warm egg breads while mouthwatering.

"Halmeoni, warm egg bread one, please!" she said cheerfully with her index finger showing one, as they reached the stall after having his nod.

"Two egg bread, please!" Hyunbin said with his two fingers up.

"Do you two come together?" The grandmother said as picking up the fresh egg bread.

"Uhm..." Yejin hesitated.

"Yes! Two pieces please!" Hyunbin said with a smile while preparing his wallet for cash. Yejin looked at him with her widened eyes in confusion.

"Do you the only one who wants to eat this? Me too!" He bickered while pursing his lips, looking at her. Pausing for a while, Yejin ignored him and focused on her egg bread while rubbing her palms together to get warm from the coldness but at the same time impatiently waiting for the grandmother to give her some. As the paper bag was handed to her, she politely gets them with her sparkling eyes.

"Thank you, Halmeoni!" She said as taking an egg bread and slowly took a bite.

After paying the cash, Hyunbin peeked at her with a smirk. Right when the egg bread went to , Hyunbin snatched the pack from her almost making her half-eaten egg bread on her hand being thrown.

"Be careful, Hyunbin-ssi!" She said with crumbs around like a child.

Giggling at her current appearance, he took a bit of his egg bread and kept walking ahead leaving her behind. Yejin took the last bite hurriedly and ran to catch him. As she could match with his steps, she hit her chest because she almost choked from eating the bread.

"Be careful, Yejin-ssi! You shouldn't take the food that fast!" He said when he heard her cough.

"Yah... Hyunbin-ssi!" she put her palms on her knees gasping. Suddenly, Hyunbin grabbed her hand and dragged her to the nearest fresh juice stall. Even before Yejin had a normal breath, Yejin was already in front of the stall.

"What do you want?" Hyunbin said.

"OMO!!" the girl who sells the juice squeaking after hearing Hyunbin's deep voice which made them automatically put a hush sign with their index fingers. Trying hard to calm her down, she covered her lips with her body can't help move to the right and left sides. "I am your fan, Hyunbin-Oppa!" she said shyly while holding her voice not to be loud.

"Ehm..." Yejin coughed loud enough to make the seller looking at her instead of the man beside her.

"OMOO!!"

"SSTTTTTTT!" they did the same way as before.

"Alright, can I take a photo together with you two?" The seller pleaded with a pouting mouth, in case she could have some.

"Orange juice one!" Yejin said.

"Two!" Hyunbin said giving a wink to the seller imitating Yejin's order. "Photo?? Okay!" he said while smiling.

"Ahh... Thank you so much!" The seller couldn't help her happiness until she almost makes an accident while making the juice in front of the celebrities.

------

In the Tteokbokki Restaurant near the M Korean Street Food Market...

They were sitting face to face in the quiet area inside the restaurant. Waiting for their tteokbokki to come, Hyunbin with his scrunching face was looking at Yejin who innocently was drinking her banana milk. He pulled out his phone and suddenly his finger ran to a calculator.

"Egg bread, Fresh Orange Juice, Potato Tornado, Strawberry Mochi, Cheese Scallops..." he tilted his head aside while peeking at the number in calculator with a shocked face. "It is almost the same price if I pay for 3 meals. I agree if this market is kind of expensive. Tsk...tsk..." He shook his head in disbelief.

"Excuse me, you are the one who insists on this place at first," With a low voice, Yejin tried to get his attention while knocking her knuckles to the table.

"Oh, I forget this, Tteokbokki!" He added the number to his calculator.

"Yah, Hyunbin-ssi! You said that you will pay for a meal!" Yejin slurped her last sip of banana milk and shook the bottle to convince her that it was already empty.

"You really have a big hole in your stomach, Yejin-ssi!" He said being amazed by her big appetite.

"But, I am the winner, though!" She said casually and threw her bottle to the nearest trash bin beside them. As the bottle successfully entered the trashbin, Hyunbin clapped his hands in awe.

"Daebak, Yejin-ssi!"

"Let's get back to the topic! You ask me first!"

"I said a meal Yejin-ssi. Not 4 meals!" He pouted his lips sadly with his blinking eyes.

"Tsk... Hyunbin-ssi! Is this a scam?" She sighed in disbelief.

"So, we should play the game to cover these 3 meals. I think we should play another game." Hyunbin sighed after shaking his head looking at the number in his calculator. Slowly, he put back his phone in his pocket before smiling innocently at Yejin who was raising her eyebrow feeling betrayed.

"Okay! Let's play the game! I am sure I will be the winner!" She said while folding her sleeves ready to play the game.

"Okay! Let's have a try first! I don't want to be the one who pays for the meals anymore!" He said while folding his sleeves too.

"Cham Cham Cham Game, Call?" Yejin insisted.

"Call!"

"Cham cham cham..." Yejin said as smacking her palm to the right side of his face while he turned his face to the left. "Oh... sure, you can play this game, too! Such a strong opponent!" Yejin smirked.

"Now your turn. Cham Cham Cham!" Hyunbin said with his palm smacked to her left side and she turned her head to the opposite. "Indeed, a pro game player!" Hyunbin said in awe to her.

"Okay! Let's play for the real one!" Yejin paused narrowing her eyes in an alert. "The winner will get a free meal."

"Call! And the loser should tell the 2007's incident. Cham cham cham!" Hyunbin said in a rush while smacking his palm to her left side without giving Yejin time to process what he just said and Yejin turned her face to the opposite. But, as she turned her face, she froze. She knew what he means about the 2007's incident when he didn't make the meeting with her.

"Ohh... Pro player!" Hyunbin said awkwardly trying to give a faintly smile. "Your turn, Yejin-ssi!"

Yejin turned her face straight facing him. Straying her eyes to the room, she let out a deep sigh. The time when she was waiting for him alone for hours reappeared in her mind. That was the time when she felt that he was the type of man that play with his words. Biting her upper lip in worry, she didn't know whether she should continue the game or not. She took the empty cup and filled it with the water beside her. After she took a gulp, she looked at him who already changed his expression. Taking a deep breath, she started swaying her hand in front of his face.

"Cham cham cham!" She said as smacking her hand to his left side while he paused for a second before turning his head to the same way as her hand.

"Ah...I am the loser!" He said giving an awkward smile to her.

-to be continued-

Korean words
Halmeoni: Grandmother
Daebak: Great

A/N
Hi my lovely readers ^^
After reading this, can you guess what will be the next chapter's title? (^.^) hihihi

Btw,
Enjoy this story ^^

With love,
Byeol-nim ❤