Twenty-Third: Telling a Trick

Lovely Fluffies

Yejin was sitting in front of a big mirror while flipping her script, being dolled up by a make-up artist beside her and a hairdresser behind her. She gulped her americano while eavesdropping on a low yet loud voice outside of the room that was talking about her and Hyunbin. Even though she focused on her script, she tried hard to ignore when they were fangirling about Hyunbin but he was indeed a cold man. 

"But, don't you look at him slightly changed to a warm man recently?" They continued. 

"Is it enough, Yejin-ssi?" The hairdresser behind her asked her and she put her americano on the table while turning her head to the right and finished it with a smile. She nodded and got up from the chair to go to the set. 

"Isn't he dating Son Yejin? I always see him clinging around her since the filming started." Yejin slowed her steps and rolled her eyes. 

"I think we are too much going around together," Yejin mumbled in a low voice. 

"Right... Right..." another woman replied excitedly. Hearing the words, she smiled awkwardly to the hairdresser and the makeup artist who suddenly focused on her behind. She scratched her not-so-itchy nape as she looked back and turned to face the door back after giving an awkward bow which she shouldn't have done to the hairdresser and the makeup artist. 

"I know, you can see how much he turned brighter since he works with her." 

"I envy her. How can he melt the cold prince? Arghhh..." suddenly they stopped their conversation for a while. "Yah, yah, we are in front of Yejin's room." Suddenly one of them raised her voice in hurry and followed by a gasp. 

"Finally, they realized it!" Yejin sighed hopelessly. "Hello, everyone!" Yejin said with the widest smile as she stepped out from the room looking at the women crew who were resting in front of her room, getting up in hurry after knowing that Yejin was inside. The women gulped their throat hardly and replied the greeting awkwardly. 

"Hello, Yejin-ssi!" 

-----

The shoot was over and Yejin was already waiting for Hyunbin to come while monitoring the shoot they just took. Even though her eyes were focused on the monitor, her mind was out there. Not long after that, Hyunbin came and went to take a seat next to Yejin's chair. As he took a seat, she cleared wanting to tell him about the rumor she just heard. 

"Ehm... Hyunbin-ssi!" She whispered trying not to make it obvious while holding her lips shut. 

"Why?" He patted the dirt on his shirt and looked at her. 

"Don't look at me!" She replied still trying not to make her lips obvious. 

"Why?" He furrowed his brows still looking at her. 

"Look at the monitor with a flat face! Will tell you something after that." She said and Hyunbin obediently looked at the front with his flat face. 
"What's wrong?" Hyunbin followed her kind of conversation. 

"I think there is a rumor about us spreading here..." she kept her face flat while holding her lips not to make an obvious move. 

"What kind of rumor?" He asked still couldn't figure out what was happening. 

"Some of the crew think that we are dating." She said while leaning her back on the chair and scratching a skin behind her ear as if there was no problem with them there. Instead of being angry, Hyunbin also leaned his back to get the same level as her. 

"How can you know that?" He said while covering his mouth which couldn't help to make a wide smile with his fingers and his other hand supporting the elbow posing like a pro actor monitoring the footage seriously with a leg crossed.

"I heard some of them talking in front of my waiting room." She said while gritting her teeth with closed and slightly leaned her body to Hyunbin side so that he could listen to what she said. 

"They? How can they know that?"

"What do you mean by 'how can they know that'?" She almost lost her flat face if she didn't see crews were walking back and forth around them. 

"Is it burdening you?" He whispered still holding his laugh while peeking at her. 

"Yah, Let's do something so the rumor can stop here!" She changed her pose while leaning away from him and massaging her head with her fingers. Looking at Yejin who was leaning away from him, he changed his pose by leaning his elbow to the armrest that closed to Yejin still covering his mouth with his finger and let his legs opened up. Leaning more freely, he gazed at her ignoring the monitor which was still playing the footage. 

"Uhm? What are you planning to do?"

"We shouldn't take meals together a few days to go." 

"I don't want to!" He said briefly which made her glare at him. 

"Yaaa!" She redeemed her voice with her shutting mouth. 

"It is not what we agreed before." 

"But, it is the one that makes us always going out together. And someone might see us." She sighed and turned her face looking at the monitor again. Looking at his calmness, she exhaled her breath deeply while pretending to clean the dirt on her shirt. 

"I know something." 

"What is it?"
 
"We shouldn't be together in the set."

"Tck... can't you see what we are now?" She sighed in disbelief shaking her head with his shouldn't be called as an idea.

"Hmmmm...How about we are leaving the set at a different time?" 

"Are you planning to get a meal together today? After knowing that there is a rumor about us?" She furrowed her brows in horror.

"I bought good quality meats and the meats were already in the coolbox in my car. The filming would end soon. So..." 

"Can't you just take the meat by yourself?" She replied in no time.

"I can't. There is too much..." he shook his head still locking his gaze at the monitor. 

"Yah..." she glared at him.

"I will go first and you can leave the set 15 minutes after me."

"Is there something special with 15 minutes? Everyone would notice us." She rolled her eyes with his absurd plan. 

"Do you think I am stupid? In 15 minutes they still can see you on the set after the filming ends. There is a fact that crews know about me. I always leave the set right after the filming ends. There wouldn't be any rumor about us."

"Are you sure?" 

"Sure!"

"Are you done monitoring the footage? Is there a scene that you two still think needed an improvement?" Lee Jongsuk director came to them after minutes of rest. 

"No, we are still," They said in unison while waving their hands. 

"Uhmm...what is happening?" Lee Jongsuk looked at them one by one in confusion. "Don't you two always be on time on monitoring?"

"No, no, no..." once again they said in unison until Hyunbin shut his mouth and rest assured on the chair knowing that Yejin also didn't focus on the monitor before. 

"There is still detail that we need to look at. Can you play it back again?" Yejin replied with a sheepish smile while signing a tiny form with her fingers while Hyunbin only nodding his head agreeing to all of her words to the director.

-to be continued-

A/N:

Hi everyone here is an update ^^
Thanks for reading my stories ^^
Kindly vote, comment, and share with your friends ^^

Meet me again next chapter (^.^)

If I take a long time to update the next chapter, kindly read my other stories: The Binding Angel, Married for Benefit, Through Their Lenses, The Luckiest, and Unseen (On-going). Thank you!
See ya! 

With love, 
Byeol-nim ❤