colors (oh, what a world)

get you the moon (drabbles)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: I've never really written a fantasy au before, so I hope this is alright! 
 

///

 

yongsun stood in front of her wardrobe, debating on what to wear. but then again, it doesn’t matter because yongsun’s world was black and white anyway. god knows if her clothes even match at all.

 

her world became black and white ever since chorong died, as one would expect when their soulmates die.

 

and losing chorong was—is the worst thing that ever happened in her life.

 

deciding that it really doesn’t matter what she wears, yongsun randomly grabbed an oversized shirt and biker shorts. knowing that she wouldn’t get anything done at home, going to a cafe rather than being unproductive at home would probably do her some good.

 

yongsun opened the doors to the cafe she frequents. she knew the owner of the cafe and they’ve been on friendly terms. but since losing chorong, yongsun had become closed off and often kept to herself.

 

what’s there to talk about when your world was black and white?

 

yongsun missed colors.

 

the cafe was still empty, seeing that it was still early. placing her bag on the chair at the table farthest from the entrance, yongsun walked up to the counter where behind it stood the owner of the cafe, yoon bomi.

 

“morning, yongsun.” bomi greeted her cheerfully. yongsun wondered if the owner has met her soulmate yet.

 

can someone be so cheerful when there are no colors in their world?

 

yongsun certainly couldn’t.

 

“hey, bomi-ah. how are you this morning?” yongsun smiled gently.

 

“it’s a beautiful morning! the skies are clear and i’d like to imagine that they’re my favorite shade of blue. the air is cold but crisp. where’re you sitting today?”

 

so it was just yongsun then.

 

you can be this cheerful and happy even if you haven’t found your soulmate yet.

 

letting out a smile at bomi’s choice of words, yongsun looked over at her table at the same time a woman walked into the shop.

 

“welcome and good morning,” bomi looked past yongsun’s shoulders, greeting the new customer that had just walked in.

 

yongsun looked too, and smiled at the customer. she was surprised to see someone as early as her when usually the crowd starts streaming in at high noon.

 

“i’m at the blue table.”

 

“you’re gonna have to point, yongsun, i can’t see colors like you.” bomi laughed, but a short moment passed before they realised their exchange. “wait, you can see colors?”

 

“can i?” yongsun’s eyes were so wide they were going to pop out any second.

 

“well, you just told me you’re at the blue table, so i’m pretty sure

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter