lipstick

get you the moon (drabbles)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as Yongsun and Byulyi arrived at the practice room, they went to the different corners of the room. Wheein and Hwasa sighed, their unnies must’ve quarrelled again, and that means the younger ones need to be the mediators. 

 

“1,2,3.” Wheein counted down. “Yes! I’ll take Byulyi unnie.”

 

Hwasa rolled her eyes, as she had just lost a game of rock paper scissors to her friend. Every time Yongsun and Byulyi quarrel, Wheein and Hwasa would play rock paper scissors to decide who’d appease which older woman. Byulyi was always easier to appease. They just need to show a bit of their aegyo and tell her how happy Yongsun would be if she just sweet talk her.

 

Yongsun was always harder to appease, so the younger ones always dreaded trying to make Yongsun happy because it takes more than just aegyo and sweet talking. 

 

Wheein approached Byulyi, bringing her some cookies that Hwasa brought. 

 

“So... Can I assume something is wrong between you and Yongsun unnie?” Wheein flashed a dimpled smile.

 

“No, everything’s butterflies and unicorns.” Byulyi rolled her eyes, taking a cookie from Wheein because she was too hungry. 

 

“So... Why aren’t you talking to Yongsun unnie?” 

 

“Because she’s being annoying. She won’t admit that I’m right and she’s wrong, that’s why I’m not talking to her. I will talk to her when she apologises to me for accusing me of stealing her lipstick.” As Byulyi got more irritated, her hand movements became bigger and her use of air quotes didn’t go unnoticed by Yongsun.

 

“Don’t go using those air quotes, Byul. You know you took my lipstick and lost it.” Yongsun stride across the room to where the two younger women were.

 

Hwasa pulled Yongsun back, stuffing a cookie in . “Unnie, I told you to talk to me first and if you don’t I will stuff a cookie in your mouth.”

 

“I didn’t think you were serious!” Yongsun munched on the cookie, but obviously still mad. 

 

Before Byulyi could say anything back, her phone rang and upon seeing the familiar number, she picked it up in a hurry. 

 

“I’ll be there as soon as I can.” Byulyi shoved her phone into her back pocket and grabbed her car keys. 

 

“Solar’s teacher said we need to have a talk.” Byulyi grabbed Yongsun’s hand and led her out of the practice room. “We’ll be back, so practice or play by yourselves first.” Byulyi was being all serious and no jokes, so the younger ones and Yongsun listened to her. 

 

The ride to the kindergarten was quiet. Both women were still mad at each other, but knew soon they had to pretend like nothing was wrong in front of their daughter and her teacher. Being an idol couple was different, if anyone could sense that something is wrong between them, they could be on the headlines the next day.

 

They headed to the office immediately upon arriving and took a seat at the teacher’s desk. Solar was sitting by the corner quietly with her right hand slightly reddened, and beside her was one of Solar’s classmate. 

 

“Did she get hit?!” Byulyi turned back to the teacher after taking one look at her daughter.

 

Yongsun held Byulyi’s hand underneath the table, trying to calm her down.

 

“It’s quite the opposite, Moonbyul-ssi. Solar was the one hitting her classmate Hayoung.” 

 

Byulyi scoffed, “I don’t think so. Solar doesn’t hit people. She’s very well-mannered.” 

 

“It must’ve been a mistake. But if Solar really did hit Hayoungie, we will make sure she apologises to her.” Yongsun knew she had to step in, Byulyi somehow always seem like she forgot they were idols when it comes to Solar. If she didn’t step in, Byulyi might fight with Hayoung.

 

Yongsun walked towards her daughter, and kneeled on the floor so she was at the same level as the little kid, “Solar, Hayoungie is your friend, and we don’t hit our friends, okay? Did you hit Hayoung?” 

 

Solar nodded timidly. Byulyi was standing right behind Yongsun, towering over her. 

 

“Then you need to say sorry to Hayoungie. And she’s here, so you can say it to her right now.” Yongsun ma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter