first date

get you the moon (drabbles)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: this can be a part two/sequel to chapter 29 (more than waitress) so i strongly encourage you to read that chapter first, else this can also serve as a standalone chapter :)

ps: i've had this chapter written halfway for the LONGEST time ever and while i was on day off for the past two days i finally had the creative juices flowing through me and finished writing it! i hope you enjoy :) 

pps: one reason why i stopped halfway was because i thought a lot about what's the perfect first date. then, i decided to go with what i feel is the best first date because i am a simple gal and first dates are about getting to know each other. my first date was just a dinner at a cafe and then a walk at one of our most popular tourist attraction here. i hope this simple moonsun first date will suffice too :)

 

yongsun sighed and stood up from her seat. she couldn't believe she got stood up by someone who promised her a best date. shaking her head, yongsun pushed open the door but bumped into someone. she was so into her own mind that she didn't realise someone wanted to enter the diner.

 

"i'm so--" yongsun's mind apparently stopped working. standing in front of her was byulyi. with flowers in her hand.

 

"hey! please let me explain." byulyi didn't give yongsun a chance to leave the diner and dragged her back in. "i swear i was early. but it's been too long since i dated so my halmeoni was even more excited. i told her i really liked you and she was like 'how exactly will you tell someone you like her without giving her flowers?'. i explained to her i really didn't have time but she insisted on bringing me to the flower shop opposite our house and spent forty five minutes there picking flowers! i'm so sorry i made you wait, yongsun. but here, i hope you like these. if you still want to leave, i understand." byulyi handed yongsun the flowers. 

 

the older woman had to admit, the flowers were beautiful and it definitely cheered her up. she almost forgot byulyi was late. 

 

yongsun's ex-girlfriend used to come up with some stupid and dumb excuses whenever she was late. byulyi was late on their very first date, but she could feel byulyi's sincerity and how much byulyi wanted this date to go well just by listening to her ramble. it was a breath of fresh air for yongsun.

 

"it's unnie to you." yongsun hid her smile behind the bouquet of flowers, pretending to smell them. "and it's okay. i can't be angry at someone who brought me these beautiful flowers."

 

"great. then let's go, unnie." byulyi smiled as she urged yongsun to follow her. 

 

while walking to the subway station, yongsun's curiosity eventually got the best of her.

 

"where are we going?" yongsun asked.

 

"you'll find out when we arrive there." byulyi flashed a toothy grin.

 

and half an hour later, they found themselves standing in front of one of the entrances to gwangjang market. yongsun almost wanted to laugh. she thought byulyi was going to bring her to somewhere romantic. nevertheless, it was still quite surprising as yongsun hadn't been there for the longest time ever.

 

"gwangjang market?" yongsun teased.

 

"yeah? what's wrong with it? gwangjang market could be romantic." byulyi scoffed playfully.

 

"we'll see. lead the way." yongsun jutted her chin towards the market.

 

byulyi wasted no time in grabbing yongsun's hand and intertwined their fingers. y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter