sixty-seven

ICONS ➣ KSJ.JJK

The boy was thrown into the locker with a loud slam, he let out a hiss upon impact his back hit the cold metal, the locks pointing into his back. The group of boys surrounded him. staring down at him as if he was their prey. They chorkle like a pack of wild hyenas at his reactions. He could never understand how people could be this sick, getting off to someone's pain. 

One of the bullies step closer and grabs ahold of the boy locks, tugging tight as he pulls him closer. 

"Look at this pathetic little ," He scoffs. "You seriously thought you could run today, huh? We're gonna you up-"

"Can we make this quick? I have to be home soon," A voice interrupts. 

The male snarls "Make it quick- Seokjin, since you're in such a rush why don't you help? Or- or what's it today? Can't get your nails messed up princess?" He jeers and the group all laughs along. 

"Yes actually," Seokjin remarks with a cocky smile. 

The male scoffs and slams the boys head into the locker and releasing his grip from the boys locks.

"Let's go," he tells the group and they all follow shoving past Seokjin as they walk away. 

"I'm sorry," the boy had muttered, flinching back as he waited for Seokjin to do something anything. 

He turned to see the male standing there confused. Seokjin studies the boy for a moment before his lips unturned into a smile.  

"You're so weird. No wonder they bully you," he laughs. 

"W-What?" Hanbin stammers out. "Why are you being nice to me? I thought you hated me."

Jin gasps dramatically, placing a hand on his chest "Hate you? I like to remain neutral its safer that way."

Hanbin's eyes narrow, "Safer?"

Seokjin only rolls his eyes, "If I stopped them the both of us would be getting our beat everyday. No matter what I do I wont be able to stop them from hurting you. They're evil ing rich kids hanbin-" he pauses. 

"Do you enjoy getting your beat everyday? Just leave no one wants you here anyway so switch schools, that's the only way to make it stop." 

It comes out a lot harsher than he wanted it too, but he's not supposed to be nice. The last thing he wants is to get the boy's hopes up. They could never be friends, and that's just how it is.

"Seokjin-"

Seokjin ignores him and grabs the boys bag off the ground, "Here," he says lending the bookbag to the male. 

Hanbin stared in confusion and Seokjin scoffs, pushing the bag into the boy's chest. The male rolled his eyes turning away until he heard the younger call after him. 

"Do you think you ever could have liked me?" Hanbin asks, "I'm not bad. You don't think we could have ever been friends?"

Yes.

"No. No matter the circumstances you and I would never be friends. Not in this life or the next." 

The light in the boy eyes dimmed and Seokjin could only shake his head ans smile. "And thats okay! I'm a anyway, you wouldn't like me-" 

Hanbin frowns and steps closer, "But I do-"

"Well then stop," he snaps before walking away from the boy. 

It wasn't until a week later when Seokjin stepped into school and found out from fellow students that Hanbin had committed suicide. He wasn't surprised not one bit. 

That night for the first time in a long time, he prayed, hoping whatever higher power that was listening would just maybe let him and Hanbin meet again in his next life and start all over again.