twenty-five

ICONS ➣ KSJ.JJK

The boys had been preparing Jin's party for weeks wanting to make it as perfect as they possibly could. Nothing big. Just a night at home, eating some food, watching some movies, and maybe playing a couple of games throughout the night. Jin isn't the type for grand or wild parties. He preferred something simple, to be surrounded by the people he loves and most of all to be something he wouldn't forget.

They all split off their duties: Jimin and Jungkook decorate the house, Yoongi and Namjoon buy the food and drinks, while Hoseok takes Seokjin around letting the younger do whatever he pleases. It is his special day after all.

Jimin and Jungkook sit on the middle of Jin's living room floor surrounded by deflated balloons in assortments of pastel pinks and blues. Yoongi and Namjoon stroll in the house with cases of soda in their hands and bags of food around their wrist.

Settling the things down onto the coffee table Yoongi takes a look around the room. "Why did you pick these colors?" He questions scrunching up his nose. "It looks like a ing gender reveal party."

Jimin pauses for a moment and lets the balloon he was inflating drop from his mouth as he looks up at the older, "What's wrong with the colors?" He challenges standing up to face to Yoongi.

Namjoon runs over and pulls his boyfriend to the couch settling him down. "Jimin you need to calm down," he whispers to his boyfriend.

"I'm sorry, but I've been blowing these damn balloons all day," Jimin whines through his head back.

"I helped!" Jungkook says throwing an inflated blue balloon at the older.Jimin sits back up and glares,

"You blew up three balloons!" He shouts before grabbing onto his boyfriend. "Namjoonie look at me. Am I starting to become gaunt?" He questions rubbing his hands on his cheeks.

"Jin will be here soon. Did you guys order the pizza?" Yoongi questions, ignoring the couple.

"The food should be coming a little after Jin," Namjoon informs.

"Good. Did you pick up my baby's cake?" Yoongi questions again, earning an eye roll from Jimin. 

"Yes, of course. it's in the fridge," Jimin responds, pointing the older to the kitchen.

"We also got the candles bossy" Jungkook adds in.

"I'm sorry that I just want the best for my love," Yoongi sighs sitting down on the couch.

Jungkook fake gags as the couple coos at Yoongi. "Hyung you're in love that's so cute!" Jimin squeals, throwing his arms around the older.

"You smell like wet clay. Don't touch me," Yoongi deadpans and the younger steps back quickly. "Jungkook when is Taehyung coming?"

"Should Taehyung even come? No offense, he doesn't know Jin so he might be uncomfortable," Namjoon speaks.J

ungkook turns to look at Namjoon, his eyebrows furrowed. He doesn't look angry or disgusted, just disappointed. "They can get to know each other don't act like that towards him," Jungkook grumbles standing up from the floor.

"Act like what?" A deep voice asks making the boys snap their heads to the figure standing at the front door. Taehyung chuckles, dropping the gift bags he was holding in his hands and walks straight to Jungkook pulling the younger in a for a tight hug.

"Hey, Tae. Glad you can make it," Yoongi says, Taehyung nods.

"So when is the birthday boy going to be here? He's the sweetest, I can't wait to see him again," Taehyung states with a fake grin plastered on his face.

Yoongi lets out a cough as he looks over at Taehyung. "You've been talking to-"

"Jin and Hoseok are coming. Hurry up and turn the lights off also hide," Namjoon warns.

The boys all scramble around the room, making sure to turn off any visible lights before going into their hiding spaces. Namjoon and Jimin found a place behind the couch, Jungkook and Taehyung stood behind the window curtains, as Yoongi stood near the entrance door.

They start to hear the sound of Hoseok's and Jin's voice and the jingling of the house door keys as Jin unlocks the door. The door creak opens, and the boys can hear the footsteps of the two walking in. Yoongi flickers the lights on, and they jump out of their hiding spaces, yelling happy birthday and throwing confetti at a scared and confused Jin.

"Happy birthday," Yoongi chuckles kissing his boyfriend's cheeks as Jimin comes into the room with Jin's cake and the candles lit.

They all sing happy birthday to the younger, but Jin instantly becomes distracted once he locks eyes with Taehyung. The older most definitely doesn't like him so why is he here? Jin would say he's a forgiving person, but this feels all too suspicious. Jin looks away from the Taehyung, adverting his eyes to the cake in front of him but Taehyung just took up all his attention.

A slight nudge from Jungkook manages to knock him from his trance. "Make a wish babe," Jungkook whispers to the younger who nods, closes his eyes and blows out the candle in one breath.

They all clap and cheer placing JIn's cake on the coffee table. "Ok Jin we have a whole day of pizza, games, and movies of your choice," Namjoon tells the younger.

"I say food first. I'm starving!" Jin whines, Yoongi's eyes widen as he lets out a gasp.

"Hoseok! I told you to feed him!" Yoongi exclaims tapping the younger's arm.

"I did! The boy ate six plates of food," Hoseok retorts. "My wallet was crying!"

Namjoon pulls the younger away from the two oldest, "How about we do whatever you want, eat, and finally, you can open your gifts. How does that sound?" Namjoon suggests.

Jin shakes his head surprised they got him a present, being around his new friends seemed like the perfect gift to him. He wouldn't ask for anything else. "You guys didn't have to get me anything! I appreciate you just being here, this is-"

"This is more than enough. We know Jinnie, but you're our maknae. We want to spoil you," Jungkook says with a shrug. "Please, Jinnie. Just this once?"

Jin nods letting go of the bashful smile he failed to suppress, ignoring the glares he's getting from Taehyung. "Alright, your highness, what do you want to do first?" Jimin questions, placing a plastic crown on top of the younger's head.

"Can we watch The Princess Diaries?" Jin asks.They all freeze and turn to look at the youngest.

"The Princess Diaries?" They ask in unison. Jin nods cutely, and they share a similar glance to each other.  The sound of a small hum from Jin catches their attention, and they all give him a soft smile.

"Sure baby," they say in unison only to turn to look at each other in shock. Jin has really became their baby.