forty-two

ICONS ➣ KSJ.JJK

Last award show with Jungkook before his tour and so far no one was looking forward to it especially Jin. He knew everyone would talk the moment he stepped into the room, and that was the biggest problem. He had gotten used to the hate online but in person?

He wasn't ready but still reluctantly went for his hyungs despite knowing it would be a bad night. In the car, everyone was so cheerful and happy talking about what they were excited for. Jin stayed quiet. Jimin made sure to check up on the younger, but he would simply smile and nod his head along with whatever they said.

Upon arriving he was correct, everyone was staring at him, so he held onto Yoongi the whole night. No one attempted to talk to him but would spare glances and the occasional giggle as he walked past. They were all talking about him, but he went to the after-party with the rest despite being tired. He didn't want to complain.

He was ignored yet again, but at least this time it was apparent he was being talked about. Some stared at him, some discussed the rumors with their friends, and others would mutter things like 'homewrecker" and "" and laugh as he walked past. Instead of making a scene, he politely smiled and bowed at his seniors.

He learned that sometimes you can't undo the damage that has already been done and sometimes you can't change the way people think about you. He decided he'll kill them kindness, make them respect him. He wasn't going to let this get to him.

Jin stood by at a table full of food touching none of it as he stuck to drinking the punch, finding himself too tired to chew.

"Another boring- after-party, huh?" A deep voice asks him.

Jin jumps almost spilling his drink, rolling his eyes he turns around to see whoever is bothering him. Taehyung stood there looking as gorgeous as usual for someone with such a nasty attitude.

The younger gave him a fake smile, "Taehyung-ssi, you scared me!" He said playfully trying his best to stay polite. He refuses to let Taehyung break him.

"Call me hyung," Taehyung orders looking around, "Where's Yoongi hyung?"

Jin turns and points to Yoongi and Jungkook who stood together, talking to some woman. "With Jungkook making sure I stay far away from him," he mumbles, taking a sip from his cup.

"As much as I hate you I know the rumors aren't true," Taehyung confesses.

Jin's eyes widen in shock. Taehyung believes him? "Really? I'm so glad to hear you say-"

"Yeah, you're not Jungkook's type," Taehyung snarks. "It was nice talking to you Jin bye!" He says waving with a fake smile spread across his face.

"Wow, thanks," Jin mumbles. "."

Abandoning his cup on a table, he strolls over to his boyfriend pulling Yoongi away from the lady, and out the building ignoring his complaints.

"Seokjin what the ?" Yoongi hisses.Jin stops and looks at the older. Government name, that's not a good sign.

The younger says nothing and instead sits on the curb, "Jin, why did you pull me out?" Yoongi asks.

Jin looks at him and sighs, "I couldn't be in there anymore, everyone was so rude and kept talking about me behind my back," he answers pulling up his knees and laying his head down.

"Did you at least talk to anyone?" Yoongi asks, but Jin stays silent pouting. "This could have been your night to change what some people think about you."

Jin gives the older a confused expression. "Unless the rumors are true. Is that why you won't deny it?"

"Do you know how ridiculous you sound right now?" Jin scoffs standing up to face the older.

"It would just make sense," Yoongi argues.

Jin quirks and eyebrow laughing in disbelief, "My own boyfriend sees me as a too, huh?" He scoffs to himself. "I want to go home now."

"Fine," Yoongi mutters before making a call.The moment they get into the car, there was nothing but complete silence.

They spare no words as they get home and when its time to go to bed there's no "I'm sorry" or "I love you," they didn't kiss or hug just went to bed with backs turned against each other. That's how most nights are for them, Jin's scared of what they'll become if they'll even be able to save it.