Chapter 39

the thin line between love and hate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, South Korea.

 

Soojin liked to think she was a logical person and that her feelings had little influence on the things she does, that was the case until of course she had met Shuhua; The girl managed to make her do impulsive things, being it fueled by anger but also because she's so hopelessly in love with her to the point that the cold winds of winter felt even colder now that she was away, suddenly she missed the feeling of walking down the streets with her arms locked around the younger's arm.

 

Like right now, as she walked around the store picking ingredients for the dinner she would cook to eat all by herself since her parents would spend all night away and her sister would just stay at her boyfriend’s place; She knew if Shuhua was there she would nag her about buying snacks instead of actual food, and probably would convince Soojin of doing that; She also knew that the younger would make sure to walk her home like the protective person she is.

 

Just thinking about her now makes Soojin smile before she touches the baseball cap that the younger had left behind, she didn’t want her smell to go away but also knew Shuhua wanted her to wear it, and she found some comfort knowing that when Shuhua is back she would enjoy her smell up close again; She looked at the shelf as she decides what to buy only to have an idea and quickly pick her phone from her pocket and quickly send Shuhua a text.

 

Soojin:

Hey, It’s me

I need your help

 

ShuShu:

Something happened!? I can beat up someone for you if you need! Just give me a name

 

Soojin:

No silly, It’s nothing about that.

 

Soojin kept herself from laughing at the younger’s reaction before she took her phone and pointed the camera towards the shelf to take a picture just to send it to Shuhua.

 

Soojin:

What should I cook for dinner?

 

ShuShu:

Seaweed Soup!

 

Soojin:

Sweetie, You’re so obvious…

 

Shushu:

and what’s wrong with that? also, buy it quickly! so you can go home early; I don’t want you on the streets at night without me there to protect you.

 

Soojin:

My white knight in shining armour

 

Shushu:

Always

I know you like it

 

Soojin:

I’ll be going now, I’ll text you once I’m home. 

 

As much she would complain about Shuhua’s choice of food, she knew she would end up cooking it either way, and then sending her pictures because from what she had texted her before, she missed her cooking and knowing that made the older happier than she thought she would be at those words.

 

"Soojin?" She turned around once she heard her name being called, noticing the boy standing behind her, holding his own plastic bags as he smiled politely. "Hi, I didn't know you also bought your groceries here"

 

A few months ago, The sight of Hui would make Soojin blush and stumble on her words as she couldn't even be able to properly look at him in the eyes without feeling embarrassed, but right now she felt nothing as she looked at him; She still thought he was still handsome with a beautiful smile, she wasn't blind, but all her mind could think it was how it was nowhere similar to Shuhua's. 

 

 "Oppa, Hello" She greeted. "It's been a while" He chuckles as he nodded.

 

"It 's true. School really took a lot of my time. By the way I heard Shuhua went back to Taiwan. Is it true?" He asked, tilting his head to the side, curious. 

 

"Yes, she did. She'll be back next year" Soojin replied, trying her best to not look so sad, telling herself to just be patient and wait for the younger.

 

Hui sighes. "That's a pity, but maybe we can hang out next year" He suggested, remaining positive and Soojin smiled at that; Then Hui looked around before looking at Soojin again. "Did you come alone?" 

 

"Yes, why?"

 

"It's a bit late. I should walk you home" He paused for a second,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter